Chances on Beating Benfica?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can anybody tell me what happens if the team what wins next seasons Europa League are already in the top four who the Champions League place would go to ?

It'll probably turn out to be ArseAnal, where they finish their worst PL season to date in 5th, yet still manage to spunk their way into the CL courtesy of US winning the Europa AND finishing Top 4...

#ULTIMATESPURSY!

tumblr_mt4y38oVo51s080geo1_400.gif
our chances

Can anybody tell me what happens if the team what wins next seasons Europa League are already in the top four who the Champions League place would go to ?

4 teams qualify as normal, and the very very early rounds change format slightly to accommodate there being one less team (I think by the champions of Malta and the Faroe Islands starting a round later or something).

I think the question is backwards. If the winner of the EL is also in the top 4 of the PL, then they simply qualify "twice" and only four clubs from the PL advance to the CL. Much like how it usually is for clubs that win the CL.

It's when an English CL/EL winner finishes outside the top 4 that England sends five clubs—and only then. Furthermore, iirc, an FA can send a maximum of five clubs, meaning if the CL and EL winners are both English and out of the top 4, then only the top 3 clubs would get CL. But that would be a means by which, say, the FFF could send five clubs to the CL, which would be two more than normal.

I think the question is backwards. If the winner of the EL is also in the top 4 of the PL, then they simply qualify "twice" and only four clubs from the PL advance to the CL. Much like how it usually is for clubs that win the CL.
I think that we should be allowed to enter a reserve team as well. Imagine Tottenham Hotspur vs Spurs XI in the final :kaboullol:

I see your Benfiquista-ness and raise you by being a Scotland supporter too! Sport for me is just one long misery
Try being an American from Chicago and being a Cubs fan. 105 seasons of baseball without a world series and counting. Combine that with supporting Spurs and you've basically got depression and misery. I don't know the Europeans have ever heard of the Steve Bartman incident of 2003 but its the definition of spursy. I'll leave the link about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bartman_incident

Try being an American from Chicago and being a Cubs fan. 105 seasons of baseball without a world series and counting. Combine that with supporting Spurs and you've basically got depression and misery. I don't know the Europeans have ever heard of the Steve Bartman incident of 2003 but its the definition of spursy. I'll leave the link about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bartman_incident

why is it a world series.. when only a few nations partake :saha:

I don't see why anything would change, say we finished 3rd next season we would be in the CL regardless of whether we won the EL, wouldn't we?

hmm, don't Cubans, Puerto Ricans and a few Japanese play?

And... all the teams in MLB but Toronto are in American

I think that in the MLB, teams cannot be promoted nor relegated - so teams from say Cuba, Mexico or Puerto rico are playing Minor league and work as feeder teams to MLB teams. Not sure why MLB is being discussed in a Spurs forum at all, but that's my understanding of it.

Your fault for not letting a man bring his goat to a game

Back
Top Bottom