Burnley home fa cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Rose's goal further highlights that he is a much better player going forward than as a defender. He could actually be a decent winger. He has good pace. He can see the moves, both as the attacker and as the provider. He is commited and not afraid to go for the ball even if he might get hurt. Decent technical ability. He can cross. And most importantly, because we don't have anyone else right now that does it, he can keep his width and stay on the touchline. And I get the impression that he runs a lot (anyone got any stats?) and can offer something defensively as well, though I feel much more confident with him not being the final player at LB.

I'm counting Soldado's miss as an assist for Townsend. Great work from Andros there, so cruel he doesn't get an assist there especially when people are consistently shitting on his passing ability.

loved that game.
1882 were awesome. blocks 32 and 33 were flat as fuck! rose is great going forward and onomah looked really good, very calm, football brain. and the chant was brilliant.

other highlights:

you're just a bus stop in bolton

Thanks for the link ArtyB ArtyB

Looks like, aside from the dreadful miss, Soldado played well. OK I'm going off the header for Paulinho's goal and the pass for Rose's, nothing else really I guess. Directly contribution to two goals though.

Quality night in 35 tonight. Well done all.

One thing I would say though, a few "small club" chants are creeping in such as "ahhhhh you're shit" after the keeper takes the goal kick... Let's leave them in the lower leagues please.

I think Rose's goal further highlights that he is a much better player going forward than as a defender. He could actually be a decent winger. He has good pace. He can see the moves, both as the attacker and as the provider. He is commited and not afraid to go for the ball even if he might get hurt. Decent technical ability. He can cross. And most importantly, because we don't have anyone else right now that does it, he can keep his width and stay on the touchline. And I get the impression that he runs a lot (anyone got any stats?) and can offer something defensively as well, though I feel much more confident with him not being the final player at LB.
Another thing: He is direct. Doesn't hold on to the ball for too long, and when there is space, he uses it. Still needs to work on his passing and first touch though.

Can't be arsed reading any of this- lads we won. & the missus is converted. What a fucking blast that was. True Spurs. Lots of faults to note but am off to bed a happy chap. Great night at the lane.

Back
Top Bottom