Burnley home fa cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A highlights vid from BBc, so they were showing it? How come no one posted a stream ffs then!?

They weren't live broad casting it, you entitled twat. They were there commentating, they had the rights to it, they just chose not to broadcast it. Think they may have used the commentary for the radio too. Besides, we posted several streams, just look harder :kaneshh:

Worst thing about her commentating is she tries to over-describe everything. "The wall is inside the D, the ball goes over the wall, takes a deflection and is in". By the time she'd got to 'takes a' the goal had been scored, she's like 2 seconds behind play...

I completely agree. Me and my GF were watching the highlights, and both turned at each other to pull a face at how awful her commentary was.

However, it seems as if criticism like that can be branded as sexist at times...

http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/2007/06/female_commenta

Complete bollocks. I hate plenty of male commentators too. Equality is seeing/hearing shit regardless of gender.

Easier to assume they have an issue with you being a woman (Something you can't change), rather than being a shit commentator (Something you can change).

52 minutes into the game and she's saying "Rose has the ball, who's played on the left of the midfield". You're almost 60% of the way through the match, you don't need to keep explaining the minute details which people can easily see for themselves. People expect insight from a commentator, not the obvious screamed down their ear, which is why people love Gary Nevile so much.

There was no television coverage of the match, the commentary was taken from local radio. It clearly says that at the beginning of the video, in case it wasn't obvious enough already.

For his punditry and commentary, yeah. In national polls he always comes 1st or 2nd. When you think of the competition he has (Including his fucking brother) it's not hard to say he's one of the best and completely unbiased.
Highly biased towards United but true it doesn't necessarily come into play against other teams.

I completely agree. Me and my GF were watching the highlights, and both turned at each other to pull a face at how awful her commentary was.

However, it seems as if criticism like that can be branded as sexist at times...

http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/2007/06/female_commenta

Complete bollocks. I hate plenty of male commentators too. Equality is seeing/hearing shit regardless of gender.
Blatant 'I've got a girlfriend' post to a bunch of lonely sods on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom