Burnley home fa cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back from the match. A pretty terrible game in terms of quality but actually very entertaining.
1882 made a decent noise but the Shelf and the rest of the PL were singing a bit too. Good support overall from those who turned up. Bus stop in Bolton was the best chant. The one about the scummy reds sounded naff and like the sort of thing 12 year old league 2 fans would sing. We do not have a strong squad on this performance - we're just lucky Burnley are shite - but with so many games at the moment we should be satisfied with the result. Vlad should leave now as his goal will be as good as it gets. The reaction of some of the players to Kaboul - who was pretty ropey today - verged on mutiny: he's clearly lost the support of the squad as our leader and Hugo should be made full club captain now. That miss from Soldado... I really feel for the guy but this is worse than Torres at Chavcuntski. The weirdest thing tonight was when it kicked off in the South Upper between a few Spurs fans who were punching the crap out of each other. If anyone knows how / why this happened I'd like to know. Anyway, all in all, for £20, that was pretty decent. COYS. Can't wait for the LCSFs now... and especially the trip to Sheffield.

Tonight was lots of fun at the back of 35. Great to hear the Onomah song again, but I'm not keen on clapping along with it - I imagine that to anyone a bit further away in the ground it would just have sounded like a load of clapping and they wouldn't have heard the singing. Seems like quite a few more people have learnt the words to the 'he's got a massive cock' song now too which is excellent. Also very much enjoyed taking the piss out of Heaton's undersized shorts!

Back from the match. A pretty terrible game in terms of quality but actually very entertaining.
1882 made a decent noise but the Shelf and the rest of the PL were singing a bit too. Good support overall from those who turned up. Bus stop in Bolton was the best chant. The one about the scummy reds sounded naff and like the sort of thing 12 year old league 2 fans would sing. We do not have a strong squad on this performance - we're just lucky Burnley are shite - but with so many games at the moment we should be satisfied with the result. Vlad should leave now as his goal will be as good as it gets. The reaction of some of the players to Kaboul - who was pretty ropey today - verged on mutiny: he's clearly lost the support of the squad as our leader and Hugo should be made full club captain now. That miss from Soldado... I really feel for the guy but this is worse than Torres at Chavcuntski. The weirdest thing tonight was when it kicked off in the South Upper between a few Spurs fans who were punching the crap out of each other. If anyone knows how / why this happened I'd like to know. Anyway, all in all, for £20, that was pretty decent. COYS. Can't wait for the LCSFs now... and especially the trip to Sheffield.

:lennon:

I've got no problem with women commentating, but that woman in particular had a really annoying voice! :pochfacepalm:
I think it's just how loud she feels the need to be, it'd be great to throw some women into commentating especially with how terrible some of the current ones are but for the love of god don't scream into the mic.

I think it's just how loud she feels the need to be, it'd be great to throw some women into commentating especially with how terrible some of the current ones are but for the love of god don't scream into the mic.
Imagine her screaming into your ear while you were introducing the ferret though...for the love of God scream louder...

on youtube, highlights:

Worst thing about her commentating is she tries to over-describe everything. "The wall is inside the D, the ball goes over the wall, takes a deflection and is in". By the time she'd got to 'takes a' the goal had been scored, she's like 2 seconds behind play...

Also, it looks like Paulinho did quite well tonight? Scored a goal, pressed (At least in the highlights) Burnley which led to Soldado missing a sitter. I wouldn't mind keeping him until the summer.

Worst thing about her commentating is she tries to over-describe everything. "The wall is inside the D, the ball goes over the wall, takes a deflection and is in". By the time she'd got to 'takes a' the goal had been scored, she's like 2 seconds behind play...

Also, it looks like Paulinho did quite well tonight? Scored a goal, pressed (At least in the highlights) Burnley which led to Soldado missing a sitter. I wouldn't mind keeping him until the summer.
I completely agree. Me and my GF were watching the highlights, and both turned at each other to pull a face at how awful her commentary was.

However, it seems as if criticism like that can be branded as sexist at times...

http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/2007/06/female_commenta

Complete bollocks. I hate plenty of male commentators too. Equality is seeing/hearing shit regardless of gender.

I completely agree. Me and my GF were watching the highlights, and both turned at each other to pull a face at how awful her commentary was.

However, it seems as if criticism like that can be branded as sexist at times...

http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/2007/06/female_commenta

Complete bollocks. I hate plenty of male commentators too. Equality is seeing/hearing shit regardless of gender.

Easier to assume they have an issue with you being a woman (Something you can't change), rather than being a shit commentator (Something you can change).

52 minutes into the game and she's saying "Rose has the ball, who's played on the left of the midfield". You're almost 60% of the way through the match, you don't need to keep explaining the minute details which people can easily see for themselves. People expect insight from a commentator, not the obvious screamed down their ear, which is why people love Gary Nevile so much.

Enjoyable night despite the crappy start. Can't see a future for Kaboul at the club after tonight.
Most important thing is we're in the next round.

Enjoyed the atmosphere. Onomah song and the continuous "oh when the Spurs" were the highlights I thought.

Easier to assume they have an issue with you being a woman (Something you can't change), rather than being a shit commentator (Something you can change).

52 minutes into the game and she's saying "Rose has the ball, who's played on the left of the midfield". You're almost 60% of the way through the match, you don't need to keep explaining the minute details which people can easily see for themselves. People expect insight from a commentator, not the obvious screamed down their ear, which is why people love Gary Nevile so much.
People love Gary Neville?: ostrich:

Overall quality wise not a great game, but for £20 you can't complain in terms of entertainment wise. Also was the first game in history where Andros Townsend cut inside and passed the ball isntead of shooting? Overall after going 2-0 down this was a decent win. Going 2-0 down to Burnley isn't a good thing. I was in Block 34 and sung throughout the game as did people around me, but the Onomah chant was the highlight for me

Back
Top Bottom