Burnley home fa cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worst thing about her commentating is she tries to over-describe everything. "The wall is inside the D, the ball goes over the wall, takes a deflection and is in". By the time she'd got to 'takes a' the goal had been scored, she's like 2 seconds behind play...

Also, it looks like Paulinho did quite well tonight? Scored a goal, pressed (At least in the highlights) Burnley which led to Soldado missing a sitter. I wouldn't mind keeping him until the summer.
I actually enjoyed listening to her. By the way Emma is a massive Tottenham supporter.
Well done Emma, keep it coming.

Easier to assume they have an issue with you being a woman (Something you can't change), rather than being a shit commentator (Something you can change).

52 minutes into the game and she's saying "Rose has the ball, who's played on the left of the midfield". You're almost 60% of the way through the match, you don't need to keep explaining the minute details which people can easily see for themselves. People expect insight from a commentator, not the obvious screamed down their ear, which is why people love Gary Nevile so much.
Mate - yes she did need to explain - she was recording for RADIO coverage as well.
And how do I know - well I listened to the coverage on official spurs website.

To whoever tries to get that
"what do we think of Woolwich...Shit,
What do we think of shit, Woolwich.
FANK U
DATS ALWIGHT"
song going again I'm gonna find you, rip your shoes off and beat you to death with them
:walker:

Apart from dying with the lurgie I had a great night. Highlights were JESUS YOU'RE A CUNT and the old boy 4 rows in front of me garbling "fuck off you scum in red" "north London is blue and white"

Oh and the game was weird.

Last edited:
To whoever tries to get that
"what do we think of Woolwich...Shit,
What do we think of shit, Woolwich.
FANK U
DATS ALWIGHT"
song going again I'm gonna find you, rip your shoes off and beat you death with them
:walker:

Apart from dying with the lurgie I had a great night. Highlights were JESUS YOU'RE A CUNT and the old boy 4 rows in front of me garbling "fuck off you scum in red" "north London is blue and white"

Oh and the game was weird.
Lurgie?

I think Rose's goal further highlights that he is a much better player going forward than as a defender. He could actually be a decent winger. He has good pace. He can see the moves, both as the attacker and as the provider. He is commited and not afraid to go for the ball even if he might get hurt. Decent technical ability. He can cross. And most importantly, because we don't have anyone else right now that does it, he can keep his width and stay on the touchline. And I get the impression that he runs a lot (anyone got any stats?) and can offer something defensively as well, though I feel much more confident with him not being the final player at LB.
Said the same thing earlier, not in so many words. He actually was originally a winger, converted to a defender.

Back
Top Bottom