Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's strange to me is that you'd think Ade rather excited to go to a club and "prove" he can still play. He is playing for his next contract.

Loan deal is best for both teams.

That way, we'll take the sacrifice of paying part of his wages, Villa will pay the rest. He can't come back and haunt us and will ultimately be playing for a contract so could help with regards to scoring against our rivals.

Now announce it Spurs Official.

What's strange to me is that you'd think Ade rather excited to go to a club and "prove" he can still play. He is playing for his next contract.
Which he would also be doing that if he'd stayed with us but without the upheaval? :goonermong:

Seriously. I love Berbatov but if he hijacks this he's dead to me.
Wait. The fact that he was a petulant fuck who did nothing but disrupt the team, refused to play and train at times, undermined the coach, and was outspoken in his desire to leave us for a bigger payday, and this is what would make you not love him anymore?

Wait. The fact that he was a petulant fuck who did nothing but disrupt the team, refused to play and train at times, undermined the coach, and was outspoken in his desire to leave us for a bigger payday, and this is what would make you not love him anymore?

Meh, he was absolute class as a Tottenham player and was sold at the peak of his value. Two things that cannot be said of a certain someone.

Meh, he was absolute class as a Tottenham player and was sold at the peak of his value. Two things that cannot be said of a certain someone.
When he decided that he was satisfied playing for us, he was an unbelievable talent. I will not call him class because that would imply that he had some amount of it as an individual, and he didn't. He absolutely was sold at the peak of his value, but only because he made life so difficult for the club that we had to.

Ade needs to go there's no doubt, but he's just a parasite while Berba fucked with the team.

When he decided that he was satisfied playing for us, he was an unbelievable talent. I will not call him class because that would imply that he had some amount of it as an individual, and he didn't. He absolutely was sold at the peak of his value, but only because he made life so difficult for the club that we had to.

Ade needs to go there's no doubt, but he's just a parasite while Berba fucked with the team.
yeah
but the magic he could do was purity
all we had to do was match the price, and we couldn't/wouldn't

that man was a god in football boots, and I'm happy to remember what he did for us, rather that wallow in bitterness about a departure that we all knew was going to happen.

Sulzeer however - can rot in a world of shite

I don't see how anyone can hate Berbatov for wanting to move to united. He deserved to be winning titles and playing with the best players in the league... not hoping for the champions league with Tom Huddlestone. Would you expect a bulgarian to show loyalty to and employer in London in any other circumstance?

yeah
but the magic he could do was purity
all we had to do was match the price, and we couldn't/wouldn't

that man was a god in football boots, and I'm happy to remember what he did for us, rather that wallow in bitterness about a departure that we all knew was going to happen.

Sulzeer however - can rot in a world of shite
It wasn't just money, he wanted to play for United and matching the price wouldn't have been enough. He wanted the move and the prestige of playing for them. I understand that people want to have a favorable memory for him, but don't reinvent history to do it.

Back
Top Bottom