Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't have my English slang down, so I apologize if I misunderstand, but can you take a punt on someone for 26 million pounds? Also both Ade and Soldado are on ridiculous wages. (Although that figure you quote is higher than most of the reports I've seen.).

I'm not going to defend one by saying the other sucks. Because they both are completely useless to us at this point.

Agreed but one is useless full stop the other is useless as he isnt in the managers plans.

Ah the played for his contract myth.... He's in the last year isnt he so why arent we playing him?

Because he's 31 and probably past the point where he's going to put his all in to learn and carry out a specific playing style that he hasn't had to do for the first part of his career.

Because he epitomises inconsistency both in terms of quality and effort.

Because he called his mum a witch and outed his brother as a thief via Facebook - hardly the type of player to maintain a serene dressing room.

Whereas Soldado, despite his lack of return, is never in the headlines for the wrong reasons and puts in the effort while playing in a similar way to Kane up front. While we lost a huge amount of striking impetus when Soldado played up top the system remained the same with everyone fulfilling the same roles just with much less end product. Ideally both will be replaced but if it's a case of one or the other then there really isn't any argument to be had.

Eskimo Eskimo serious question here, why do you defend/love Adebayor so much?

I have it on good knowledge that the geezer is poison and despised by the squad.

Here's one for you Bushy, how on earth did Kaboul and Ade get the captaincy nod at the start of last season? was it because they were still on top at the time and were heavily influenced Poch as he walked in? Always wondered how that happened, especially when Ade was unavailable all last summer too. I think Dawson leaving left a bit of a power vacuum until the kids all stepped up.

Here's one for you Bushy, how on earth did Kaboul and Ade get the captaincy nod at the start of last season? was it because they were still on top at the time and were heavily influenced Poch as he walked in? Always wondered how that happened, especially when Ade was unavailable all last summer too. I think Dawson leaving left a bit of a power vacuum until the kids all stepped up.

Never asked that question.
I'll have to next time.

My opinion is that they were two of the most senior players and had been at the club quite a while. (If you take away Kaboul leaving for portsmouth)..
I think when a new manager comes in they impressed, but then just gave up trying after a while.
I don't think he had a feel for the other lads' opinions before doing so.
Won't make that mistake this time.

Eskimo Eskimo serious question here, why do you defend/love Adebayor so much?

I have it on good knowledge that the geezer is poison and despised by the squad.
I think everyone on here was hoping he'd get back to the kind of form he showed a couple of years ago. But he's gone MIA more times than Chuck Norris & I'm not at all surprised that he is not liked amongst his team mates. Picking up more wages than everyone else for being a work shy cunt is not going to make your workmates happy. & before anyone says "how do you know he's a work shy cunt?" I point to him posting messages on social media, spread out over his sofa, chilling with his "G's" or standing next to his latest brand new car, grinning like the cat that got the cream. Bags of ability. No doubt about that. But his work ethic is, being charitable, questionable & anyone who only tries when he's after a new deal isn't the sort of player who will be well loved by his colleagues. I defer to Bush Hill who has better info than most of us, & nothing he says comes as a surprise.

Last edited:
I am not defending him at all. But almost no one seems to recall that he finished 13/14 strongly & then picked up Malaria in late summer, that fucked him ( it would fuck 99% of us ) I don't for a moment think that his antics are acceptable, but there is a reason as to why he was not buried straight away

I am not defending him at all. But almost no one seems to recall that he finished 13/14 strongly & then picked up Malaria in late summer, that fucked him ( it would fuck 99% of us ) I don't for a moment think that his antics are acceptable, but there is a reason as to why he was not buried straight away
I remember wishing him well & hoping he came back a beast when he had malaria. It's somewhere in this thread. But he seems the kind of guy who would turn up at training saying his dog had eaten his boots. I think the reason he was supported by the club & backed by Poch as part of the future plans was because everyone knows what a talented player he can be. I'm guessing that Poch has realised that Ade is unreliable. Unreliable is the key word here. Turns up when he feels like it & looks a world beater. But those days are fewer & farther between when he's sat in the middle of a fat contract. Again, I'm guessing, but perhaps there are only a few people out there who can manage his ego:harrysmile::sherwoodlol::avbshit::pochbye:

Agreed but one is useless full stop the other is useless as he isnt in the managers plans.
I don't entirely disagree with you, but I really think you are overstating it. When Ade did play last year (the first three months or so) he was absolutely abysmal. I remember thinking that he had actually been outplayed by Soldado---who was completely incapable of putting the ball in the net. As the season went on and Ade was frozen out (for whatever reason) Soldado got worse and worse, culminating in that calamitous performance at Florence. But let's not ignore the truth; when Are played last year, he was very, very bad.

Friedel
Walker - Kaboul - Gallas - Assou-Ekotto
Parker - Sandro
Modric - Van der Vaart - Bale
Adebayor

There was a time when he was an important player in a very good team ... how did it go so wrong?

11173321_994374043914279_811408812733310800_n.jpg

About time , Quickly get this deal wrapped up!

Friedel
Parker - Sandro
Adebayor

There was a time when he was an important player in a very good team ... how did it go so wrong?

Ask Gooners and City fans the same question - who knows, he is a very complex character

Friedel
Parker - Sandro
Adebayor

Came in this thread to say the same thing. At his best, he's fucking brilliant, sadly those days are few and far between.

However he never managed to link up with VDV the same way Crouchy did.

Back
Top Bottom