Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rotimi Adebayor has been admitted in hospital after attempting suicide by stabbing himself with a sharp knife

Rotimi Adebayor, kid brother of Togo football star, Emmanuel Sheyi Adebayor is battling for his life on admission at the CHU Sylvanus Olympio Hospital in Lome, Togo after apparently stabbing himself with a sharp knife in an attempt to commit suicide, according to Ghanasportsonline.com

Rotimi made the headlines for the wrong reasons recently following revelations by senior brother, Sheyi Adebayor that he stole 21 phones from a football academy in France where Sheyi had sent him to pursue a football career.

“He has pierced himself and blood was gushing out profusely…it took the timely intervention of some people close to save him otherwise he would have been gone too,” a family source reportedly revealed.

“He has always been complaining about the shame his brother caused him, now people keep on accusing him of being a thief. His own brother has ridiculed him globally and he feels he must end it all because life is not worth it,” the source added.

“He’s in the hospital, the doctors are working on him and we hope he survives but it looks terrible for the family now, especially his mum,” he said.

Amid endless accusations in a series of Facebook posts, Adebayor was granted a second compassionate leave of the 2014/15 season by his English Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspurs few weeks before the end of the recently concluded 2014/15 season .

Source: AllSports
His family are a complete cancer. He's got far too much shit going on outside of football to give 100% to us next season.

His recent comments, if genuine, could be good news as a focused and determine Ade is a quality player but no sooner has he said that then this happens which no doubt changes every thing.

We really should have never touched him with a barge pole.

Even if he scores 70 goals next season, I still want him to go. I've never liked this twat even during that loan spell in 2011/12.

That's great, maybe you could look on grindr for your ideal striker and let levy know as it cleary has nothing to do with football in that case.:vdvdive:

Some of the comments on this thread are a bit off. None of us - I hope - know what it's like to deal with the full suite of traumatic issues that he's had to deal with over the past few years. I've only had issues to deal with that are normal in comparison, but there have still been periods when e.g. my focus and performance at work have been thrown by something e.g. death of a family member, relationship etc. Just because he is on a good salary doesn't mean he's not affected by stuff like this. When he's managed and motivated - like any player - he's shown that he can be a very valuable member of the squad.

Some of the comments on this thread are a bit off. None of us - I hope - know what it's like to deal with the full suite of traumatic issues that he's had to deal with over the past few years. I've only had issues to deal with that are normal in comparison, but there have still been periods when e.g. my focus and performance at work have been thrown by something e.g. death of a family member, relationship etc. Just because he is on a good salary doesn't mean he's not affected by stuff like this. When he's managed and motivated - like any player - he's shown that he can be a very valuable member of the squad.

I see this type of comment a lot.

However, in my opinion when a player is earning this much there should be a "force majeure" clause where we can just pay him off a quarter of his contract and that's it. Done.

In my opinion, the geezer should be long gone.

I can't see anyone coming in for him this summer in for him,so......
Hope he is played in the early EL games ,Capital cup etc,scores a hatful, then we flog him to West Ham in January and he flops miserably....

Adebayor knows he has wasted the twilight years of his career, no big club will come in for him now. He is world class on his day but those days are long gone. The sooner he moves on the better, maybe join sherwood at villa/

Back
Top Bottom