Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the board let him go for less after saying he is staying?

Him being angry that a move didnt happen is not going to get Woolwich or whoever else wants him to pay more. Him being angry at the board is not going to make Lev dig any deeper.

I would belive a move would happen only if it were a cut price move. Now I can't see that happening if the board is digging in their heels.
Hasn't he put in a transfer request? He gets the move, and Krueger saves face.

Hasn't he put in a transfer request? He gets the move, and Krueger saves face.

How can they save face selling a player he just said is going to be their core for next season?

To save face they fine the player for the outburst, go public that it would take silly money to get him and reassure saints fans.

I'm just going to take it on face value. They said hes staying. Hes angry about it.

How can they save face selling a player he just said is going to be their core for next season?

To save face they fine the player for the outburst, go public that it would take silly money to get him and reassure saints fans.

I'm just going to take it on face value. They said hes staying. Hes angry about it.
Krueger just trots out the same old shit about you can't keep a player when he's unhappy, blah blah blah. It's only the backlash from saints fans that prompted that statement. He likes dollars man.

I'm honestly impressed Gibbs, still fighting now despite all this. Have always commended your incredible resolve/stubbornness, but this is a whole different level. Truly impressed indeed.

aha-aha-o.gif
If that guy was not in disguise I would say it was my Uncle Hymie!

I'm honestly impressed Gibbs, still fighting now despite all this. Have always commended your incredible resolve/stubbornness, but this is a whole different level. Truly impressed indeed.

Let's just tell Gibbsy that his name is really Schneiderlinho and then he won't be able to wait for him to come to Spurs.

Sandro, Dembele, Capoue, Bentaleb

Eriksen, Holtby, Chadli

4 DMs, 3 more that can play there. If we were to buy Pirlo or Zidane in their prime, I'd say go for it. Schneider is hardly an upgrade, and we need to not buy a ton of players this window.

We need one or two quality signings for our worst positions, not an average one in a position with loads of equal quality alternatives.

I thought Poch case to get the best out of what we have. That's what I want to see.

Let Soton keep their Schneiderlin.

I fear this will trigger an avalanche of bickering on what a DM is.... but where in hell do you get that Dembele is a defensive mid? And why in hell would you think Chadli and Eriksen should/could ever play there?

Let me get this straight. Most people that don't want Schneiderlin seem to be saying that "he's not any better than Sandro, so, what's the point," correct? I would tend to agree that in general they're close to the same level of footballer (with a healthy Sandro being the better of the two). However, Sandro isn't healthy and is probably past his prime. Plus, he hasn't played in Poch's system and who knows if he would adapt well to it. Schneiderlin is fit and HAS played in Poch's system. Plus, he wants to continue his career with Poch. I think that any negative surrounding him is made up for by the positives. He's not the best player in the world, but he would do a good job of helping to instill the new football philosophy and that's really important in a rebuilding season.

Let me get this straight. Most people that don't want Schneiderlin seem to be saying that "he's not any better than Sandro, so, what's the point," correct? I would tend to agree that in general they're close to the same level of footballer (with a healthy Sandro being the better of the two). However, Sandro isn't healthy and is probably past his prime. Plus, he hasn't played in Poch's system and who knows if he would adapt well to it. Schneiderlin is fit and HAS played in Poch's system. Plus, he wants to continue his career with Poch. I think that any negative surrounding him is made up for by the positives. He's not the best player in the world, but he would do a good job of helping to instill the new football philosophy and that's really important in a rebuilding season.
Was going to write something similar. The point is MS is the player Pochettino has identified to play in his preferred system. He's had a few weeks to look over the options but he obviously thinks what we currently have in CM doesn't compliment his system. Imo we need to back the manager and get the men he thinks will implement his tactics to get the best results. Clearly he thinks what we have at present aren't able to do that.

Who you talking to mate?
This was supposed to be quote in my post
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Sandro, Dembele, Capoue, Bentaleb

Eriksen, Holtby, Chadli

4 DMs, 3 more that can play there. If we were to buy Pirlo or Zidane in their prime, I'd say go for it. Schneider is hardly an upgrade, and we need to not buy a ton of players this window.

We need one or two quality signings for our worst positions, not an average one in a position with loads of equal quality alternatives.

I thought Poch case to get the best out of what we have. That's what I want to see.

Let Soton keep their Schneiderlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom