Schneiderlin in the Middle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight. Most people that don't want Schneiderlin seem to be saying that "he's not any better than Sandro, so, what's the point," correct? I would tend to agree that in general they're close to the same level of footballer (with a healthy Sandro being the better of the two). However, Sandro isn't healthy and is probably past his prime. Plus, he hasn't played in Poch's system and who knows if he would adapt well to it. Schneiderlin is fit and HAS played in Poch's system. Plus, he wants to continue his career with Poch. I think that any negative surrounding him is made up for by the positives. He's not the best player in the world, but he would do a good job of helping to instill the new football philosophy and that's really important in a rebuilding season.

You are saying sandro is at a disadvantage because of pochs system/understanding with Shanaynay?

What about Sandros advantage of playing with his teammates for years?

You also say Sandro isn't healthy. Then How do you think he is going to get signed?

Also saying sandro is past his prime is your opinion. He played great in his last game. He's 25.

You are saying sandro is at a disadvantage because of pochs system/understanding with Shanaynay?

You also say Sandro isn't healthy. Then How do you think he is going to get signed?

Also saying sandro is past his prime is your opinion. He played great in his last game. He's 25.
One game against a Villa team that had nothing to play for. You can't judge him on that and ignore the rest of the season. I know he's a favourite of yours, but you don't seem to be able to appreciate weaknesses in players you like or strengths in players you dislike. You never change, no matter the evidence to the contrary. I'm sorry, but you give the impression that you don't actually watch football at all.

The point is MS is the player Pochettino has identified to play in his preferred system. He's had a few weeks to look over the options but he obviously thinks what we currently have in CM doesn't compliment his system.

Poch said the opposite in a press conference. He said that he will adjust to the spurs players he has when it comes to picking the best system.

And he hasn't looked at all of the CM players and 'obviously' decided they don't fit his system. Unless you have a link etc that claims otherwise. the world cup players are not back and ade and sandro were not fit to travel.

He in a roundabout way said he wasn't going to make many big signings.

Sandro's advantage of playing with his teammates for years? Fucking what??

There's a restaurant that you've never been to, but one of your friends has. Let's call this man Poch. So, Poch invites everyone to come down and check it out with him. All of your mates go down with him, except for you. Now, it turns out that Poch invited a friend of his from a different circle, Morgan. Morgan and Poch love this restaurant and have been going to it for quite some time now. When your friends go they decide they really like it, so they go a few more times. You've been friends with these people for a very long time, years in fact. Because your friends have eaten at the restaurant have YOU eaten at the restaurant??

There's a restaurant that you've never been to, but one of your friends has. Let's call this man Poch. So, Poch invites everyone to come down and check it out with him. All of your mates go down with him, except for you. Now, it turns out that Poch invited a friend of his from a different circle, Morgan. Morgan and Poch love this restaurant and have been going to it for quite some time now. When your friends go they decide they really like it, so they go a few more times. You've been friends with these people for a very long time, years in fact. Because your friends have eaten at the restaurant have YOU eaten at the restaurant??
:dembele::freund::dembele::adewtf::dembele:

This is an analogy, right?

One game against a Villa team that had nothing to play for. You can't judge him on that and ignore the rest of the season. I know he's a favourite of yours, but you don't seem to be able to appreciate weaknesses in players you like or strengths in players you dislike. You never change, no matter the evidence to the contrary. I'm sorry, but you give the impression that you don't actually watch football at all.

I don't think I'm the only person who thinks one bad season due to injuries = sandro past his prime.

Your 'I don't watch football' claim: I'm not claiming sandro had a good season. I've said he's been poor this season.

I think you can't keep a good player down. Esp one with the competative edge he has.

I don't think I'm the only person who thinks one bad season due to injuries = sandro past his prime.

Your 'I don't watch football' claim: I'm not claiming sandro had a good season. I've said he's been poor this season.

I think you can't keep a good player down. Esp one with the competative edge he has.

If an athlete becomes plagued by injuries it means they're past their prime. Age has absolutely nothing to do with it. The time they were able to stay healthy was, unfortunately, their prime.

?

Ok. I'm out.

War Sandro.

Is this a poll?
Pretty sure the answer is 'no' to that question.

I think his competitive 'edge' has become a liability, and his body is letting him down. I didn't really mean the 'don't watch football' comment, because I can see you are passionate about Spurs. I just wonder when you are going to be objective about certain players?

I think his competitive 'edge' has become a liability, and his body is letting him down. I didn't really mean the 'don't watch football' comment, because I can see you are passionate about Spurs. I just wonder when you are going to be objective about certain players?

No, no, no. Stop it. I won. Let sleeping dogs lie! Look above. He tapped out.

gibbs131 you watch much of Scheiderlin? I'm sure if he came you'd love him, dogged warrior tbh.

Could have a rotating CM pairing base with him + Sandro/Capoue. Push Dembele or Paulinho further up alongside Eriksen, Lamela and Ade etc.

Not like there won't be enough games to go around.

gibbs131 you watch much of Scheiderlin? I'm sure if he came you'd love him, dogged warrior tbh.

Could have a rotating CM pairing base with him + Sandro/Capoue. Push Dembele or Paulinho further up alongside Eriksen, Lamela and Ade etc.

Not like there won't be enough games to go around.

I like both players that are being linked.

I just don't think he's a player we need to spend money on. Our problems lie elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom