Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately I think this current Woolwich side look quite good.
Smells like a draw to me. We grumble and move on - but probably enough to silence a lot of the current outcries.

Gonna need one of those proverbial "form goes out of the window" performances or I fear it's gonna be a grim afternoon....

KWP, Ndombele, Dele, GLC, Vert and of course Eriksen all remain question marks.

What individual fans prefer speaks for itself, but fuck knows Poch's actual first XI is currently.

If no Ndombele still I'd quite like to see Dier (#6) & Winks (#8) tbh.

They'll be looking to exploit P-E-A & Pepe's speed so we can't afford to leave the backdoor open like we have against Villa & N'castle.

-----Winks / Dier -----
Lucas / Eriksen / Son
----------Kane---------

If no Eriksen:

Winks / Dier / GLC
Lucas / Kane / Son

+ Strongest back 4 depending on fitness.

I hope your right. I wont have many friends left if we put in another shocking performance.
I'm probably in a minority but I'm not worried, it's early in the season and people underestimated Newcastle, they've beat us at home a couple of times in the past. Everybody will be up for the Woolwich game and I expect a stellar performance.

In the three games we've conceded the same amount of goals they have (small sample size yes)

I'm not a fan of betting every weekend that the opponents shitty defense is going to be worse than our shitty defense.

True but I still don't think we've looked relatively awful defensively. Though I think that's more to do with the fact we've had 70%+ possession in two of the three games we've played. Even against City they had to resort to long range efforts.

Lapses in concentration sure and that'll be our downfall if we keep that up against Woolwich - but Woolwich look a shambles defensively. Burnley troubled them and they were all over the shop against Liverpool.

The game will be won and lost in midfield though - so lets hope Ndombele is available.

I'm not normally one for making predictions and so on on, but my good friend Mystic Madrid has just entered the room and foreseen the following...

1) At least one David Luiz comedy brainfade
2) The Guardian and/or other media outlets to bring up the banana incident from last season
3) Gap Year to do something half-skillful in the first 15 minutes to sycophantic cooing from the commentator, followed by 75 minutes of invisibility
4) Héctor Bellerín to make me feel physically sick, either before, during or after
5a) If they score, the goal to be celebrated in some pathetically contrived and cringe-inducing manner
5b) The goal to be accompanied by a cunt pundit pondering on whether "normal service has been restored to North London" or somesuch fuck-trumpeting
6) My wife to complain bitterly about the infantile abuse pouring from my mouth. "Why can't you just enjoy the match normally?"

0a79e8730e1031bf7021a26c7014013e.jpg

Poch is becoming extremely predictable, if I was emery I would be licking my lips.

Hopefully Poch actually throws a curve ball and sets us up to counter. If we try and dominate possession and impose ourselves on this woolwich team we will get murdered on the break.

A lot of it depends on the fitness of Ndombele and Dele for me. If those two are fit enough to start then I will feel much better. I think Ndombele more than Dele to be honest.

Either way I am extremely worried about us, first real doubts I’ve had about Poch since he came to us.

Back
Top Bottom