Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-----------------Lloris------------------
Kwp-------Toby-----Jan-------Davies
-------------Winks--Ndombele------
-----Son---------Alli--------Eriksen--
-------------------Kane----------------

Doubt dele will be fit to start, best we can hope for is the bench? And will Erisken even still be a spurs player for this game? And how serious is KWP injury ? Other than that I’m liking the line up!

Woolwich are going to be confident after watching us yesterday.. too confident? Maybe.

We have played them as favourites in the past few games and they’ve expected us to win but that made them up their game, hopefully we do the same this time round as it seems no one is expecting us to win, them included.

Might be better we go into this game as underdogs?
One thing i will say is, that they wont have 10 outfield players behind the ball,so we may find openings .Unlike yesterday.Not knocking the Geordies, you do what you must to get a result .Hate to watch it every week though.

Team i'd go for aswell.

But I have doubts over KWP, Ndombele and Dele's fitness.

Need Ndombele to be healthy. One game out and our midfield is basically non-existent with Dele out, Eriksen on the bench and Lo Celso wrapped in cotton.

I don't think KWP will be fit for this one, unless it was just a hamstring cramp. It makes the RB selection a huge question mark since Aurier wasn't even in the squad yesterday. Maybe Sissoko will have to play there?

I'm also really unsure of what will happen with Jan. I'm not sure he and Toby make sense against Woolwich anyway given the pace of Auba and Pepe. Ultimately I think I'd lean going with them. I'm not saying it was all Sanchez's fault yesterday but the backline seems more organized when Toby and Jan are in there.

I'd probably lean Davies as well but with it being the NLD I think Rose will play even though he's been pretty bad. Davies is just very sound positionally and we've seen Rose struggle mightily this year with that.

We need to hope Ndombele is fit and I'd probably drop Sissoko. Woolwich have been pressing this season and Winks' ability to cycle the ball will be important. I know he's not as valuable in games like yesterday where the bus is parked but in games where we need to break the press he will be important.

The front line selection will be interesting too. Will Eriksen even still be here? I wonder if Lo Celso is up for starting.

I think this one will be much more open which will benefit us. We seem to be much better lately in open games.

--------------Lloris----------------
Sissoko-Toby-Sanchez-Davies
--------Winks-Ndombele-------
------Son-Eriksen-Lamela------
---------------Kane----------------

If Lo Cleso can start then swap Son to the left and slot in Lo Celso.

We can beat them if we can have our strongest formation in the middle

Lloris
Sissoko Toby Vert Rose
Dele Ndombele
GLC Son Eriksen
Kane

Source?
Pochettino said it.

When? (Source?)

I didn't see yesterday's post match, but he's being quoted accross the media today as saying he's "not sure" if CE will still be here.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says he "doesn't know" if Christian Eriksen has played his last game for the club as speculation continues about the Dane's future.

"We are waiting to see what happens," Pochettino said afterwards."

Last edited:
Never look forward to this trip to theirs. We’ve won there what? Once in the league? Just want the players to fight and show a bit of spirit. I’d almost play Dier with Ndombele for that reason alone

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom