Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur 2/12/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're in a period now where beating us is a season highlight for them - they just wanted it more last season at their place and we just didn't get going.

I feel confident that we won't let that happen again, and will get the job done.

2-1
Kane and Dele.

Dele is key to this game i think. Wind up their players with his wonderful talent and harnessed aggression and allow the others to take advantage. The hemorrhoids is the least intimidating ground on the planet with their padded seats and scum eating sushi during a game types. I too think that we will win to cap off what has already been a remarkable week. Remember we beat scum and scummer in a few days once before with Gareth Bale the star, no reason why we won't again. Early goal would be great.

I think both teams will turn up because it means so much, not just the long held rivalry but three things.

Emery''s first NLD. He will seek to make a point and we would become the first top 6 team they have beaten under his reign.

For us it's another chance to pretty much cement our top 3 standing. I think this will be on Pochettino's mind.

We are in a good place in terms of mindset. We look strong and we look focused. I don't see us capitulating but neither do I see us running amok.

An 18 game unbeaten run is incredible to me and brings certain confidence. It has to but I feel that Kane, Eriksen, Alli and Son will pose too many problems for them on Sunday.

Lloris

Aurier-----TA--------JV-------Davies

Alli-------Dier--------Eriksen

Lamela---------Kane--------Son​

A very attacking minded line up, i like it but i just don't think he'll go for it like this away at them. There cant be more than a handful of games where Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son AND Kane have all started .

You wont like it, but Sissoko is almost guaranteed to start. I reckon Poch will go for a tried and trusted centre - one role protection, one role progression. Also have a sneaking feeling Rose will start and hopefully have a renaissance debut.

sVV1ER.png

Or he may throw us another Poch curve-ball. Play ultra tight and go for it on the break?

CFC made the mistake of thinking that we were there to roll over - so they set themselves up to attack, which played into our hands.
At home the goons will have to do the same thing, so we need to have a similar game plan and use their aggression to our advantage.

Its all about tactics and bluffing, maybe they will set themselves up to defend and attack us on the counter, but then their supporters will get on their backs. I would guess they will go for option A and try to batter us. Which is good, because we are always the away team and we know how to play that game.

We were also aided by Chelsea being fucking shit on the day.

Not sure we'll have such luck with this lot on current form.

I would imagine the only selection decision is whether Rose or Davies will start. Ben probably needs a rest.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Sissoko
Eriksen Alli Son
Kane

We have generally been very good in NLDs under Poch but the exception was last season at the Emirates where we were soft and easily beaten by a Woolwich team that played with great intensity. We have to be ready for a battle, Chelsea were complacent against us and we tore them apart, as the weaker team Woolwich will not make the same mistake. We know Kane will score so if we turn up with the right attitude we should be looking for 3 points.

I think both teams will turn up because it means so much, not just the long held rivalry but three things.

Emery''s first NLD. He will seek to make a point and we would become the first top 6 team they have beaten under his reign.

For us it's another chance to pretty much cement our top 3 standing. I think this will be on Pochettino's mind.

We are in a good place in terms of mindset. We look strong and we look focused. I don't see us capitulating but neither do I see us running amok.

An 18 game unbeaten run is incredible to me and brings certain confidence. It has to but I feel that Kane, Eriksen, Alli and Son will pose too many problems for them on Sunday.

They’ll be up for it but you cannot buy rivalry....there is not a chance the majority of their team, or even manager understand or feel what their fans feel.
The difference for us is that so many English/British players who grew up with it, and our foreign contingent have been at Spurs long enough to get it, same with the management team.

Aubameyang and Miktaryan and that little David Luis clone etc just don’t feel what Kane, Winks, Dier and Lamela etc feel..

And Özil just couldn’t care less.
Their little cheerleader dwarf has been fucked off down the river and the biggest thing for their players is the unbeaten run. It could just as well be against Everton or Utd for them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom