Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur 2/12/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They’ll be up for it for you cannot buy rivalry....there is not a chance the majority of their team, or even manager understand or feel what their fans feel.
The difference for us is that so many English/British players who grew up with it, and our foreign contingent have been at Spurs long enough to get it, same with the management team.

Aubameyang and Miktaryan and that little David Luis clone etc just don’t feel what Kane, Winks, Dier and Lamela etc feel..

And Özil just couldn’t care less.
Their little cheerleader dwarf has been fucked off down the river and the biggest thing for their players is the unbeaten run. It could just as well be against Everton or Utd for them.

Last season Woolwich played with much more hunger in this fixture than we did, we were easily beaten. Don't underestimate them or their desire to beat us.

Yeah, any form or ability goes right out the window on Sunday.

If they want it more than us, they'll win. We need to make sure we want this. We can shut alot of people up.

I prefer to think that they only played as well as we allowed them to

We where on our A game for sure and i'm enjoying the plaudits. But it doesn't explain for the individual errors and they made plenty of those.

Luiz and Kepa where a hundred million pounds worth of dog shit.

They’ll be up for it but you cannot buy rivalry....there is not a chance the majority of their team, or even manager understand or feel what their fans feel.
The difference for us is that so many English/British players who grew up with it, and our foreign contingent have been at Spurs long enough to get it, same with the management team.

Aubameyang and Miktaryan and that little David Luis clone etc just don’t feel what Kane, Winks, Dier and Lamela etc feel..

And Özil just couldn’t care less.
Their little cheerleader dwarf has been fucked off down the river and the biggest thing for their players is the unbeaten run. It could just as well be against Everton or Utd for them.

Oh I agree but that does not always or necessarily translate to us winning.

For all the correctness of the post their players do have professional pride and an unbeaten run to defend.

I feel we are the better side at present because we just look so genuinely tough to beat.

So let's see your words play out first and then I will happily revisit and share with those who don't get it.

I would imagine the only selection decision is whether Rose or Davies will start. Ben probably needs a rest.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Sissoko
Eriksen Alli Son
Kane

We have generally been very good in NLDs under Poch but the exception was last season at the Emirates where we were soft and easily beaten by a Woolwich team that played with great intensity. We have to be ready for a battle, Chelsea were complacent against us and we tore them apart, as the weaker team Woolwich will not make the same mistake. We know Kane will score so if we turn up with the right attitude we should be looking for 3 points.

I wouldn’t start Coco in this as Dean may give him a red

He was close on Wednesday but have him as an option off the bench

Sissoko must start

He’ll terrify them

Last edited:
Last season Woolwich played with much more hunger in this fixture than we did, we were easily beaten. Don't underestimate them or their desire to beat us.
He's also dismissed Aubameyang as a bit-time player - he's on 10 goals already and their most inform striker. Tells you everything you need to know about this fool

Back
Top Bottom