Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur 2/12/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hate playing this lot, any luck going usually goes their way. Just don't want our players to take a while to get going or resting on their laurels after two great results. Hopefully last year's result will be fresh in the memory and we give them the hiding that we should have given the chavs.
Would love to nick 3 points against this lot.. .

Hate playing this lot, any luck going usually goes their way. Just don't want our players to take a while to get going or resting on their laurels after two great results. Hopefully last year's result will be fresh in the memory and we give them the hiding that we should have given the chavs.
CFC made the mistake of thinking that we were there to roll over - so they set themselves up to attack, which played into our hands.
At home the goons will have to do the same thing, so we need to have a similar game plan and use their aggression to our advantage.

Its all about tactics and bluffing, maybe they will set themselves up to defend and attack us on the counter, but then their supporters will get on their backs. I would guess they will go for option A and try to batter us. Which is good, because we are always the away team and we know how to play that game.

I think the players will be 100% up for this one, 1-2 to the mighty Spurs.

Form and unbeaten runs go out the window with this one.

Games aren't played on paper so I literally have no idea what will happen come Sunday. Too many times we've been beaten when going into the game we've had the momentum.

All we can ask is that we start quickly, go full in on every 50/50 and play the game with a will to win at all costs.

Just don't give them a 1 goal advantage through any silly mistakes.

Normally I'd say I'd take a draw in this fixture but no - let's go and destroy them and their 18 game unbeaten run!

Spot on

MOTD analysis these days is just Shearer saying

- they need to move the ball quicker
- they need bodies in the box
- they need the CF between the posts
- they need to fight/win second balls
- pashun

Repeat
None are particularly enlightening but genuinely I have to mute shearer ... his stutter is too much

It's one thing to listen to drivel ... but stuttered drivel ... nah

We’re going to be fine.....they will try and do what we did to Chelsea to us, but they don’t have the players.....I’m looking forward to Moura/Son/Lamela running full pelt at Socrates.

I dont think Xhaka will see the game out, he’s going to play for the crowd not the team, and that means a red card at some point.

Comfortable 2-0 I’m going for.
I do rate their manager though, and it’s horrible that he’s fairly likable. He’s their biggest hope in this one.

As always, nerves are growing for this one. Our form is electric at the moment, but form going out the window for derbies is one of the few clichés in football that I think has some truth.

After we smashed Chelsea I felt that if we didn't get a result against Woolwich it would at least take the edge off. As we get closer I can see that, of course, it wouldn't. Smash them.

Last night I thought about this.

If you could have any one current Spurs player to score the goal that wins us the league or cup, who would it be?

I was between -

Kane - for obvious reasons. He deserves to be the one to have that title.

Winks - He bleeds Spurs.

Sissoko - Probably only because of recent form.

Vertonghen - Super Jan.
To your specific scenario for me is a no brainer Harry Kane.
But i also thought about some time ago, who would you want to get a absolute chance to score in the most important of goals. Like cup winning or league decider. I would go for Eriksen rather than Kane.
Cos i think he is really smart. Like that goal against Madrid last year, when i knew he is the one that got through, i already celebrated.

Also like that goal against Inter last time out. A pundit said its hard to imagine who would missed that, maybe Matt Ritchie he joked. But it is not a simple tap in, he knows where he puts it exactly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...fixture-interview-jonathan-liew-a8659401.html

Some recent history, interesting perspective. That 2-2 at the Lane, they absolutely battered us. Hit the bar 3 times, and then a 25 yd screamer from JJ in the last minute. Hilarious.

JJ and the rest of the team hated them - always moaning, complaining. Plus ça change eh, Whinger

Back
Top Bottom