*****Wolverhampton Wanders v Tottenham Hotspur Entertainment Complex *******3pm Saturday 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My wife and I went to Wolves yesterday.A few observations…… the away pub (Bluebrick) isn’t great ( especially on a cold day) as space inside is very limited. Good carpark though and at £5 for 5 hours much better value than our home parking options. Shortish walk to the ground. The away end runs the whole length of one side of the pitch and is on the lower tier-fabulous view ( we were near halfway line) but very difficult area to generate a significant atmosphere.
As for the game I thought we were excellent first half, as good as we’ve played in recent times, and really should have been one or two up. Second half the Wolves coach realised that their passive set up wasn’t working, completely changed it and slowly and surely they began to gain control of the game.This is what really fucks me off about Conte, it very often feels like we don’t even have a plan A and we most certainly don’t have a plan B. Totally outmanoeuvred yesterday. And all for the bargain price of £15 million a year!!
Easy access back to the M6 and home by 7.30pm.
And now for Milan, probably a case of hope for the best and expect the worst.COYS!!

Despite Lucas running with his head down ( apparently) he managed 2 good passes and a good attack in his time on the pitch.
Kulo runs out of steam... As per most 'wingers' they're impact players and used correctly can be real game changers and over used their impact is greatly reduced.. kulo when he came bac from injury was fresh and he accelerated past a couple of defenders... Haven't seen him do that since those first couple of games after his return...lucus will offer very decent competition and it can work wonders.. you only have to look at Emerson to see current proof.. quality competition works well in football, always has and always will.

When Levy starts running training in the week, gives the team talks, picks the line up, gives tactical instructions on the pitch, refuses to make subs, then i'll blame him for the defeat.

Richarlison isn't a bad player. Or inept fucking management have ruined him, like they do so many of our players.
Why then hire Conti as manager? Who did that? Unfortunately talking about Tottenhams DNA and hiring a Nuno, Conti etc isn't going to work.
Conti is a checkbook manager and not been properly backed. Is always the same.
The one constant in the 20 odd years of failure is enic and Levy. They have no clue how to run the football club and never will.

Chris Cowlin says in his podcast that the away end at Wolves was the quietest it's been at a game in ages,
It was though I think PARTLY because away fans are spread out across the length of the pitch about 10 rows deep - so you get little pockets singing making it hard to get chants going - scoring a goal might have helped !!

Couldn’t even manage the fucking draw against total shite. Probably the worst possible outcomes this weekend. Sooner this season is up the better

My wife and I went to Wolves yesterday.A few observations…… the away pub (Bluebrick) isn’t great ( especially on a cold day) as space inside is very limited. Good carpark though and at £5 for 5 hours much better value than our home parking options. Shortish walk to the ground. The away end runs the whole length of one side of the pitch and is on the lower tier-fabulous view ( we were near halfway line) but very difficult area to generate a significant atmosphere.
As for the game I thought we were excellent first half, as good as we’ve played in recent times, and really should have been one or two up. Second half the Wolves coach realised that their passive set up wasn’t working, completely changed it and slowly and surely they began to gain control of the game.This is what really fucks me off about Conte, it very often feels like we don’t even have a plan A and we most certainly don’t have a plan B. Totally outmanoeuvred yesterday. And all for the bargain price of £15 million a year!!
Easy access back to the M6 and home by 7.30pm.
And now for Milan, probably a case of hope for the best and expect the worst.COYS!!
Agree with all off that - we were right on the half way line too row N

It’s all bollocks! Conte and his tactics cost us. How many games have now lost. You can add 3 more dippers away, manure and bar codes away. Can anyone honestly say we are going to get anything from those games. Contains of sitting back and being passive along with dippers and barcodes hime crowd will destroy us.

Lock this thread.

Whatever we have to complain about is meaningless now United got beat 7-0

jimmy fallon lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

To be fair, we hit the crossbar twice and also the post.

On another day we would have romped to the win.
I don't think the performance was bad. Was better than I expected given the starting 11.
In fact it's probably the most in control we've been in ages.
But I still wouldn't have had Son from the start and Moura wouldn't be on my bench, let alone get called into try to salvo a point.
Dier does more for our attack than the latter.

We wouldn't have scored in 180 mins, let alone 90. We had no movement into the box and no plan B. Wolves were comfortable packing the box and let us ping long shots way over the bar or tamely into the keeper's arms. The failure for management to enact any changes is what we really cost us.

Being in control or comfortable means nothing if we can't score.

My lovely wife has bought tickets for comedian
Rich Hall on Wednesday, haven't seen him for years , last time Edinburgh festival.
Thank fuck I'm spared watching that boreshit football.

We wouldn't have scored in 180 mins, let alone 90. We had no movement into the box and no plan B. Wolves were comfortable packing the box and let us ping long shots way over the bar or tamely into the keeper's arms. The failure for management to enact any changes is what we really cost us.

Being in control or comfortable means nothing if we can't score.

Sarcastic Joke GIF

We hit the woodwork three times?

Back
Top Bottom