Why finishing in top 4 will be harder ( but still attainable)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That statement is complete horseshit Scott. Match threads are virtually unreadable because of the whining. Who are the 'they' you mention. You seem to have aligned yourself with a few posters who think they are the only ones to speak the 'truth'. It's nothing but arrogance. Who is desperate to read the bollocks that Art Vandelay Art Vandelay and the like post? Not me for one.
The ones that ask them questions & get in a back & forth with them.
The one's that bring them up & mention them when they haven't even posted in the match thread.
If we had just won/scored & a certain negative poster hasn't posted.
Why would you bring them up & goad them in to posting if you truly don't want them to post.
Not talking about you by the way.
& obviously they have the ignore button which they refuse to use on people who they apparently don't want to read their posts.
If I didn't want to read a post from you, the last thing I would do is ask you a question.

Anyway, it is fine if you want to believe the good posters never want to interact with negative posters or never mention them when they haven't posted.
Anyone can read a few match threads to see it isn't the case.

We see it different ways. No big deal.
Now lets see if WBA can at least hold Woolwich to a draw.

The ones that ask them questions & get in a back & forth with them.
The one's that bring them up & mention them when they haven't even posted in the match thread.
If we had just won/scored & a certain negative poster hasn't posted.
Why would you bring them up & goad them in to posting if you truly don't want them to post.
Not talking about you by the way.
& obviously they have the ignore button which they refuse to use on people who they apparently don't want to read their posts.
If I didn't want to read a post from you, the last thing I would do is ask you a question.

Anyway, it is fine if you want to believe the good posters never want to interact with negative posters or never mention them when they haven't posted.
Anyone can read a few match threads to see it isn't the case.

We see it different ways. No big deal.
Now lets see if WBA can at least hold Woolwich to a draw.

Fine Scott, my issue was with your claim that people are 'desperate' to read negative posts. I don't think that's true.

C7UC04bW4AEa8qv.jpg:large

Liverpool are the only team who don't have to play another top 6 team. Both of ours are at home.

NnoGhN1.gif

Went and did one of those ladder predictors and discovered that I am as negative as a lifetime supporting Spurs fan always is, eerily similar to last season.

maeavc.png

For anyone wondering the results I picked were:

Burnley (A) 1-1D
Swansea (A) 3-1W
Watford (H) 4-0W
Palace (A) 2-1W
Bournemouth (H) 3-1W

Leicester (A) 1-1D
Woolwich (H) 2-2D

West Ham (A) 2-1L
Man United (H) 4-4D
Hull (A) 2-1L

I think 3 more wins takes us out of Woolwich's reach. Yesterday was twitchy at times and there could be more of that to come. But 3 wins and that means Woolwich have to get 19 points to go past us. Hard to see that.

United are the pain. By rights and with the games they have had you would think they would be shattered but Mourinho just finds a way.

Everton, under Koeman and as I said at the start of the season are a good side but us of a few years ago. Erratic and with good players who they will struggle to keep so progress is hard to sustain.

Of the other teams Chelsea defy logic to me, Guardiola a bigger tosser this season than Mourinho and Klopp's Liverpool showing a fallibility I did not expect.

I think it is a reasonable but not great Premier League and that if we get 12 more points we will definitely get a top 4 finish.

Feel sorry for you, you've opened up Pandora's box here. You can't win debates with the majority of people on here, they'll carry it on until they die, usually with no evidence or even an objective.

Example, I'm accused of being negative in every match thread. Pretty sure I've posted about 10 times in the last 5 match threads combined. Doesn't stop people mouthing off

I know, not even fussed about the few disagrees, they were to be expected, I'm speaking my mind. There's a clique on here and it's positivity.

Maybe I went overboard with mediocrity but I do genuinely believe top 6 finishes in the last decade is nothing to be overly proud of, be proud of the improvement from the Sugar years but top 6 is no actual achievement.

Without sounding harsh: No one's forcing either of you to post here.

Again, there seems to be some confusion between the right to have an opinion and the right to state it without challenge.

If you don't like the general consensus on here then there are plenty of others places to go and discuss Spurs.

I appreciate its healthy to have diversity in a community; a range of viewpoints and opinions. But its only natural for people of a like mind to congregate in the same place and It's not as if our shared passion is some sort of niche hobby where it is difficult to find someone else to engage with.

So this; "oh i'm so hard done by, i get shouted down and all im trying to do is express my opinion, that's my right.." ... is a load of old bollocks really.

You have the right to your opinion, and others have the right to tell you its bollocks if that's what they believe. If those of contrasting opinion just so happen to be the majority then you can either get on with it (perhaps spend some time to consider WHY its the majority opinion) or you can choose to state your opinion elsewhere within a more sympathetic environment.

We are the same odds to beat Southampton home, as Woolwich are to beat West Brom away. We are 6 points about the scum and West Brom are 7 points ahead of Southampton.

IMO this is the bookies (a) being biased towards the scum and (b) placing far too much relevance on the Kane injury.
Or that there is an army of idiots still betting on Woolwich wins
:nawty:

Went and did one of those ladder predictors and discovered that I am as negative as a lifetime supporting Spurs fan always is, eerily similar to last season.

maeavc.png

Burnley (A) 1-1D
Swansea (A) 3-1W
Watford (H) 4-0W
Palace (A) 2-1W
Bournemouth (H) 3-1W

Leicester (A) 1-1D
Woolwich (H) 2-2D

West Ham (A) 2-1L
Man United (H) 4-4D
Hull (A) 2-1L
Wet Spam - Rose and Walker will tear them a new one on that big pitch, draw at least.
Manure - if they get through Anderlecht, we'll be playing them just after EL semis 2nd leg. Win.
Losing at Hull?

Others look reasonable.

Last edited:
Wet Spam - Rose and Walker will tear them a new one on that big pitch, draw at least.
Manure - if they get through Anderlecht, we'll be playing them just after EL semis 2nd leg. Win.
Losing at Hull?

Others look reasonable.
West Ham and their cup final as we look to catch Chelsea (I think we were only 4 points behind at one point) will be desperate to ruin us, I think we can beat United but for some reason I have it implanted in my brain that our last game at the Lane will be a high scoring draw, probably coming from behind. And the Hull game was just because I know if we are in the position where we aren't mathematically secured to finish above the scum on the final day it was just hard to imagine a scenario where we don't bottle it.

maeavc.png

Burnley (A) 1-1D
Swansea (A) 3-1W
Watford (H) 4-0W
Palace (A) 2-1W
Bournemouth (H) 3-1W

Leicester (A) 1-1D
Woolwich (H) 2-2D

West Ham (A) 2-1L
Man United (H) 4-4D
Hull (A) 2-1L
'Negative"...?

RECORD POINTS TOTAL INCOMING

:freundgoal:

West Ham and their cup final as we look to catch Chelsea (I think we were only 4 points behind at one point) will be desperate to ruin us, I think we can beat United but for some reason I have it implanted in my brain that our last game at the Lane will be a high scoring draw, probably coming from behind. And the Hull game was just because I know if we are in the position where we aren't mathematically secured to finish above the scum on the final day it was just hard to imagine a scenario where we don't bottle it.

Like Totti, I agree with most of your result ideas but I don't see us losing to either Spam or Hull. I could possibly see a draw with Spam but not a loss. And if Hull are relegated when we play them then we will win. I don't think we will have a replay of Newcastle.

Why's anyone worrying about Top 4? Are we the new Woolwich? I'm only looking up and believe every game we have left is winnable, and Chelsea have 4 tough away games to play and a couple of tricky home ones too.

It's a long way from done.

Why's anyone worrying about Top 4? Are we the new Woolwich? I'm only looking up and believe every game we have left is winnable, and Chelsea have 4 tough away games to play and a couple of tricky home ones too.

It's a long way from done.

It's simple really, why move the goalposts now? We might catch Chelsea, but let's not worry about doing it. We desperately tried to catch Leicester last year and it backfired horribly for us.

Back
Top Bottom