Why finishing in top 4 will be harder ( but still attainable)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would say the odds of Spurs finishing in a champions league spot just took a big hit now that kane is out.And given the increasing stadium costs. yes we NEED champions league football.

Harry Kane is instrumental , he is a game changer ,and create goals out of nothing.Who are the other goal scorers in the squad? Basically Ali, Eriksen and Son. That last two are NOT consistent goal scorers. We are going to struggle for goals here in my opinion.

I think the fans should understand this and ramp up support for home games, Poch needs to adapt his tactics now, grind out a couple of ugly wins if is needed. Looking at the opposition after southampton ie: Burnley, Swansea,watford and bournemouth. There is no reason why we should throw away our season with a couple of 1-1's and 0-0's.

We have the best defence in the league in my opinion and should not be afraid to do what it takes to get over the finish line.

How would Man U fare without Zlatan.
Everton without Lukaku
Woolwich without Sanchez
Chelsea without Costa
Liverpool without Mane

Of course it's going to be harder. If Kane plays and doesn't score he diverts attention allowing others to do so.
Really compared to City or even Liverpool we have less forwards who score. Just 4 in Kane, Dele, Son and Eriksen.
Anyone else who deputies doesn't contribute. Sissoko, Onomah, Nkoudo.
We also hardly get any goals from central midfield. 3 league goals from 3 different players in Winks, Wanyama and Dembele. Toure has 4 and Winjaldum 5
Eriksen, Dembele, winks, Sissoko and Jansen are going to have help and start putting some away aren't they.
We also have to start improving on set pieces. Putting the ball on Toby's head. We were good at them last season.

Last edited:
Kane is a loss. We are not incapable of winning well without him. The squad without him can only do the best they can do. So, there should be no doom and gloom negative cunts (hi Jayc1 Jayc1 ) and melting. We should get behind the side....and for those of us going to any games before the end of the season, that means not sitting in the stands like a fucking corpse.

This shit happens and teams carry on regardless. They show resilience in the face of adversity and all that. kane is injured, we need to get on with it (NO ONE is bigger than the team). There is no reason we should expect a difference in performances or results and hence a top 4 spot. Anyway, Ive applied for the post, to be Woolwich personal Chef for away games just in case.

This shit happens and teams carry on regardless. They show resilience in the face of adversity and all that. kane is injured, we need to get on with it (NO ONE is bigger than the team). There is no reason we should expect a difference in performances or results and hence a top 4 spot. Anyway, Ive applied for the post, to be Woolwich personal Chef for away games just in case.

Not sure no one is bigger than the team but no team can really claim to have quality in depth if a player causes it to be massively derailed.

For sure teams may see us as easier to play and beat but Pochettino knows this is a test of his management.

The Southampton game is a pivotal match I feel. Anything less than a win however it comes sends out a poor message to fans and players alike.

But with City losing today and them playing Liverpool we have a chance to get a bit of distance. We must not go all Spursy this season.

Not sure no one is bigger than the team but no team can really claim to have quality in depth if a player causes it to be massively derailed.

For sure teams may see us as easier to play and beat but Pochettino knows this is a test of his management.

The Southampton game is a pivotal match I feel. Anything less than a win however it comes sends out a poor message to fans and players alike.

But with City losing today and them playing Liverpool we have a chance to get a bit of distance. We must not go all Spursy this season.
So win every single game then?

Kane is a loss. We are not incapable of winning well without him. The squad without him can only do the best they can do. So, there should be no doom and gloom negative cunts (hi Jayc1 Jayc1 ) and melting. We should get behind the side....and for those of us going to any games before the end of the season, that means not sitting in the stands like a fucking corpse.

Lmao, doom and gloom?

The only thing I've said about the situation is "Janssens time to shine". How is that doom and gloom you thick cunt.

Lmao, doom and gloom?

The only thing I've said about the situation is "Janssens time to shine". How is that doom and gloom you thick cunt.
Fuck off troll boy. You spam up every single match thread with negativity and moaning. I am sick of it. Scum like you don't deserve to call themselves Spurs fans.

Disagree with the comment, other teams may see us as, easier to play. NO! We are a very good side, especally at home and Southampton will expect to be on the receiving end of a decent side even without Kane. We will change the way we play because Son is a different player to Kane so that will make us less predicable . Noreasonwecantcarryon?

Top 4 will be tight as last season. We buckled last season and still finushed top 4. We will see this through with or without Kane. You always feel , you cant do without a certain player whereas in reality it really dosnt matter?

Thankfully the timing couldn't have been better. The fixtures he's 99% sure to miss are:

Southampton (H)
Burnley (A)
Swansea (A)
Watford (H)
Bournemouth (H)

Our team without kane is far better than all of those with only Burnley being a challenge due to their strong home form this season.

By some miracle he'll be back for the Semi final against Chelsea or at least the NLD, but if we can beat those teams we'll be on 71 points, (66 with 1 draw and 1 loss). And looking at the other teams fixtures, 66+ will still put us in the top 4 going into May.

The thing which is giving me optimism is this:

Manchester City's next 5 PL Fixtures are

Liverpool (H)
Woolwich (A)
Chelsea (A)
Hull (H)
Southampton (A)

This gives us extra breathing room on at least 2 of City, Liverpool and Woolwich. It also allows us to slip up once and still remain top 3.

Liverpool's next 5 are;

Man city (A)
Everton (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Stoke (A)
West brom (A)

Now they've been excellent against the top 6 so I'm really counting on the lower positioned teams to do us a favour here. Liverpool are having to rely on their home form too much at the moment and their games against the bottom teams have been shit.

Woolwich's next 5 are:

WBA (A)
Man city (H)
West ham (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Middlesborough (A)

I'm going to include their last 4 too because that's where it gets trickier

Tottenham (A)
Man united (H)
Stoke (A)
Everton (H)

No comment on them. Let the gods do the work.

Man united Have to play:

Middlesbrough (A)
West brom (H)
Everton (H)
Sunderland (A)
Chelsea (H)

In conclusion, all the top 6 teams still play each other, so if we drop points, they will too.
These next 3 fixtures will tell us how well we can cope without Kane and if we win 2 of 3 we can start being positive.

I know as Long time Spurs fans we're used to being negative nancies, but these are good times. Lets be happy while it lasts and look forward to each game as they come. Come on ya cunts!

Also; Rose 'should' be back beginning of April

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom