Why finishing in top 4 will be harder ( but still attainable)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmmm... Do you remember those games without Bale in his last season?

:dierno:
Yes but now is a different team mentality with the way we are set up and Kane isn't as dominate. I believe it doesn't matter short term, a few games, we should cope.Defensively we are sound and thats probably the big difference than the Bale years.
Time will tell how we do-thats football .

imo Son is more than capable of stepping up, just like he did when Kane was injured last time around. He also got Player of the month for September (I think) so i think the quality is there and we will do fine without Kane. Especially with the nice run of fixtures we have.

imo Son is more than capable of stepping up, just like he did when Kane was injured last time around. He also got Player of the month for September (I think) so i think the quality is there and we will do fine without Kane. Especially with the nice run of fixtures we have.

The issue with Son is that he csn score the hat-trick as of last weekend and then go straight into some off games which is very frustrating.

The games will dictate the team I feel or more so the front players.

Without doubt Sissoko's additional strength and running power are going to be needed I feel as much as Son's and Janssen's firepower.

This must be a squad effort.

Quick question.
When Kane was out earlier in the season we were still playing 4231 ?

It just seems to me that we create far more chances now with 3 at the back, so hopefully Son/Janssen/ Deli/Eriksen
can get the goals to keep us going.

X+gracioso+10.gif

I would say the odds of Spurs finishing in a champions league spot just took a big hit now that kane is out.And given the increasing stadium costs. yes we NEED champions league football.

Harry Kane is instrumental , he is a game changer ,and create goals out of nothing.Who are the other goal scorers in the squad? Basically Ali, Eriksen and Son. That last two are NOT consistent goal scorers. We are going to struggle for goals here in my opinion.

I think the fans should understand this and ramp up support for home games, Poch needs to adapt his tactics now, grind out a couple of ugly wins if is needed. Looking at the opposition after southampton ie: Burnley, Swansea,watford and bournemouth. There is no reason why we should throw away our season with a couple of 1-1's and 0-0's.

We have the best defence in the league in my opinion and should not be afraid to do what it takes to get over the finish line.
Yes it will be a little harder to finish top 4, but we're still likely to do it. Before the Millwall match the bookies odds on top 4 gave us an 81% chance. Now it's 73.5% chance. Hardly like it's a distant possibility.

Yes but now is a different team mentality with the way we are set up and Kane isn't as dominate. I believe it doesn't matter short term, a few games, we should cope.Defensively we are sound and thats probably the big difference than the Bale years.
Time will tell how we do-thats football .

Indeed. just playing devil's advocate...

aTMnz8x.jpg

Good for us if United advance to the Europa league final, and good for english football in general, really don't care if they win it to be honest. Would be nice though considering how shit every other english team (except Leicester) has been.

aTMnz8x.jpg

Good for us if United advance to the Europa league final, and good for english football in general, really don't care if they win it to be honest. Would be nice though considering how shit every other english team (except Leicester) has been.
I'd rather give them sloppy seconds in a herpes competition. Give them nothing more.

Fuck off troll boy. You spam up every single match thread with negativity and moaning. I am sick of it. Scum like you don't deserve to call themselves Spurs fans.
Charming.

TFC, the forum for all Spurs fans.... unless you're negative. Getting that vibe more and more now.

Why the fear to be critical of the team?
If there's things to be critical of then the club is fair game, not being a Rose coloured THFC cool-aid chugger doesn't make someone less deserving to follow this club.

Off the top of my head of things to be critical of this season, our transfer activity (both windows), our performances at Wembley (concerning given next season), limp exit from Europe.

Things to praise, our defensive solidity, a cup semi final, sitting 2nd with 10 games to play, the emergence of Winks.

If so many are willing to comment on the latter why is it unfair to comment on the former or be subjected to abuse from those that can't handle constructive criticism?

I'd like to think I can see what we do well and what we don't but the flak that John Thomas John Thomas scott scott Jayc1 Jayc1 amongst others cop for being negative is over the top.

P.S. As for the thread premise, I still think we'll get top 4. United, Arse and pool fighting for 4th but think Arse will again sneak 4th.

Charming.

TFC, the forum for all Spurs fans.... unless you're negative. Getting that vibe more and more now.

Why the fear to be critical of the team?
If there's things to be critical of then the club is fair game, not being a Rose coloured THFC cool-aid chugger doesn't make someone less deserving to follow this club.

Off the top of my head of things to be critical of this season, our transfer activity (both windows), our performances at Wembley (concerning given next season), limp exit from Europe.

Things to praise, our defensive solidity, a cup semi final, sitting 2nd with 10 games to play, the emergence of Winks.

If so many are willing to comment on the latter why is it unfair to comment on the former or be subjected to abuse from those that can't handle constructive criticism?

I'd like to think I can see what we do well and what we don't but the flak that John Thomas John Thomas scott scott Jayc1 Jayc1 amongst others cop for being negative is over the top.

P.S. As for the thread premise, I still think we'll get top 4. United, Arse and pool fighting for 4th but think Arse will again sneak 4th.
Got no problem with being critical, but when someone is negative come rain or shine, in every match thread, irrespective of the result, that doesn't suggest objectivity to me. That suggests moaning for the sake of it.

Also, I am not sure why you are adding in posters I have not referred to.

Got no problem with being critical, but when someone is negative come rain or shine, in every match thread, irrespective of the result, that doesn't suggest objectivity to me. That suggests moaning for the sake of it.

Also, I am not sure why you are adding in posters I have not referred to.
Neither does posters who constantly pump the club or players up, that's not objective either. Yet they never get called out for it. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander but they can get away with it under the guise of "supporting the club".

So no, I don't give a shit if there are some that are negative constantly, for a club that hasn't won much in a generation (3 trophies in my lifetime) there are FAR FAR more who constantly unjustly pump up the club, I find that nauseating to be honest. Praise needs to be earned.

Praise needs to be earned.

From your own fans? We're not neutrals. Constructive criticism is welcome on message boards, but it's obvious that a few on here appear to revel in poor performances and defeats. Support is going when the team is shit, a gallows humour permeating any pre-match pint. Not the "I'm done with this shit" and "I'm out" stuff you get on here after a 0-0 against Sunderland.

Neither does posters who constantly pump the club or players up, that's not objective either. Yet they never get called out for it. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander but they can get away with it under the guise of "supporting the club".

So no, I don't give a shit if there are some that are negative constantly, for a club that hasn't won much in a generation (3 trophies in my lifetime) there are FAR FAR more who constantly unjustly pump up the club, I find that nauseating to be honest. Praise needs to be earned.
There is an obvious reason why the happy clappers get more of a pass. In fact you've already said why. The clue is in the word "support". So while I agree that unrelenting support is no more objective, the fact is that positivity benefits club and fans more than negativity ever will. Negativity is what generates horrid atmospheres at the Lane when we have a couple of bad results. At least the happy clappers still get behind the team when we struggle. I don't see how that is, on balance, as bad as negativity. 12th man and all that.

Constructive criticism, balanced with positivity when due, is fine. Most reasonable fans will be like that, and most will look at things of concern when we're in bad form. But still moaning when we're second in the league, unbeaten at home and just come off a record of 9 Premier League straight wins? Sorry. but that's bollocks mate. If you truly have been a fan for as long as you say then you'd know there's not much to complain about these days.

Back
Top Bottom