Who's next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's next?

• Total voters
Really don’t want an unknown quantity as a manager.

Someone with proven pedigree who has won trophies and is tactically astute.

Most likely Benitez, Mourinho or Allegri.

One of the things I admire about our club is it's decency. Likable players, likable managers. Mourinho is just a twat.

On the other hand, I did have a dream that he came to manage Spurs when he was Porto manager - so I'd like to claim Nostradamus like abilities if it actually happened.

Simeone would be awesome, but it's not happening.

Eddie Howe has done wonders at Bournemouth over the last few years. Plays the right kind of football and seems like a decent guy - I'd be happy to give him a shot at the big time.

Benitez provided that contractually he cannot wear ties longer than his arm-span.

Failing that, someone who is used to working with bringing youngsters through so that some of this shower of sh*te can play out the rest of their contracts cleaning boots.

But that would be another manager who hasn't won anything.. We need a winning mentality at the club not another nice chap.

What, like George Graham? :/

Managers who had a 'winning mentality' before managing Spurs:

Juande Ramos (2 x UEFA winner, 1 x Super Cup)
Villas Boas (won everything in Portugal in an unbeaten season + Europa League)
Tim Sherwood (Captained BR title winning side)
Jacques Santini (Ligue 1 winner with Lyon)
Christian Gross (2 x Swiss Super League winner)

Of the above, only George Graham (league cup playing shit, shit football) and Juande Ramos (league Cup and shit otherwise) won anything.

Last edited:
What, like George Graham? :/

Managers who had a 'winning mentality' before managing Spurs:

Juande Ramos (2 x UEFA winner, 1 x Super Cup)
Villas Boas (won everything in Portugal in an unbeaten season)
Tim Sherwood (Captained BR title winning side)
Jacques Santini (Ligue 1 winner with Lyon)
Christian Gross (2 x Swiss Super League winner)

Of the above, only George Graham (league cup playing shit, shit football) and Juande Ramos (league Cup and shit otherwise) won anything.

Most of which is not relevant for the premier league. You can win the Kazakhstan league 20 times on the trot but that doesn't mean you could be a hit in the premier league..
We need someone who's proven a the top level someone like Anceloti or dare I say Jose.

Most of which is not relevant for the premier league. You can win the Kazakhstan league 20 times on the trot but that doesn't mean you could be a hit in the premier league..
We need someone who's proven a the top level someone like Anceloti or dare I say Jose.

Experience winning a top league title you say?

0_Wenger.jpg

:troll:

Experience winning a top league title you say?

0_Wenger.jpg

:troll:

Of course there are going to be exceptions but on the whole we need someone who has a winning mentality at Prem level.
The likes of Eddie Howe or similar are not the answer. We need someone who the players are scared of, someone who can transfer his winning mentality to the players..

Poch is twice the manager Howe is and it appears that even he can't get these players playing anymore.

We will only get Howe or the fat controller, Levy definitely won't trust Howe with money and scouser got bored of the fat controller real fast our fans will get bored even faster.

Back
Top Bottom