Who's next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's next?

• Total voters
This is fucking embarrassing. 3 games in and people are jumping off buildings. We played against a team yesterday who put 2 banks of 5 across their 18 yard box. Chill the fuck out

Is it just me who finds it a bit ironic that people who howled against the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester United arrogantly thinking they could just spirit Pochettino away mid-season are now down with the idea of us trying to do the same to Atlético de Madrid?

That's leaving aside the small matter that Simeone trousers over £18.3 million-a-year after tax while Pochettino, easily the highest paid manager in our history, earns £8.5 million-a-year before tax

Phil fucking Neville - Manager
Gary fucking Neville - Coach
Paul fucking Scholes - Defensive/tackling coach
Nicky fucking Butt - Toilet assistant/goalkeeper coach
David fucking Beckham - Tea boy/dogsbody/cheerleader
Ryan fucking Giggs - Family Liaison Officer

Dream Team - Sorted.

My choice is not even on there..
Carlo Ancelotti has won just about everything and has worked with some of the biggest names in the business. He has premier league experience and demands success.
He would gain instant respect and wouldn’t have a problem dropping under performing prima donnas.

For me to be to be the one posting this is something considering I am a massive Pochettino fan. However it looks like the end and while there is a part of me that still thinks he can turn it around it’s probably just blind optimism.

I do want to say a big big thank you to Poch. You made strong, gave us belief and took us far but I suppose all things come to an end. It’s hard to see a way back for Poch and also a way back for some of the players who have been so disappointing.

The season is not over and if we are to recover either Poch needs to get his mojo back and the players play properly which is doubtful or we get someone else in and hope the players start performing again which is more likely.

We have to look to the future and be positive. There are some good managers out there and with a good manager and a proper clear out of players who ain’t good enough or don’t want to be here we can start again.

I don’t care if people think I am a dick for posting this straight after the match, I want some grounds for positive thinking and some debate on where we go from here even if you still believe Poch can turn it around.

Are we really suggesting that to come and manage a team that was in the CL final last season and finished fourth in what is conceivably the toughest league in Europe is not a mouth watering prospect for some of the top managers out there ??

Was it a mouth watering prospect to replace Claudio Ranieri at Leicester?

Managers don't give a shit about what the previous guy accomplished, they give a shit about the resources they're going to have to accomplish things themselves.

Top managers will look at Tottenham and say "wow, that's a job with great potential", and go to Daniel Levy and say "give me 100M net each of the next two summers and I will catch City and Liverpool"

And then Daniel Levy will thank the top manager for his time and press the button under his desk to release the hounds.

What is their take on it? Do they think Allegri will be the next Spurs manager?

Italian newspapers say that Allegri could go to the following destinations, all top clubs: Real Madrid, Totthenam, Manchester United and PSG (I had forgotten). Certainly today's Totthenam, although it can spend less than the other three, is considered a top team and Italian newspapers talk about it with respect. Certainly the presence at the stadium has intrigued ...

Back
Top Bottom