Who's next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's next?

• Total voters
What’s the negative in Eddie Howe specifically from a coaching perspective? I realise he hasn’t coached at a bigger club and that kind of thing. I don’t really follow him much so genuinely interested.

Dont worry, you’ll get another chance in three years.

Poch is a throwback. The 5th longest serving manager in all of the football leagues. In this era of instant gratification and commercially driven media hyperbole i wouldn't expect any replacement to last longer than 18 months.

Their pass completion rate against Southampton was 59%, IIRC. They are a hideous outfit, who try to wing their way through games with a bit of pace here and there, and fuck all else. They remind me of Villa when O'Neill was there-except they're a shambles without the ball.

I kind of feel they are almost the reverse of O'Neill's teams. His teams were invariably pretty good without the ball, but fucking turgid with it. Eddy Howe's Bournemouth philosophy seems to be turning most games into a free for all and outscoring enough shit teams to survive over 38 games.

I don't see any real game management, proactive or reactive.

Poch is a throwback. The 5th longest serving manager in all of the football leagues. In this era of instant gratification and commercially driven media hyperbole i wouldn't expect any replacement to last longer than 18 months.
Sorry. I couldn't finish reading your post. I got an Instagram notification

Back
Top Bottom