Who's next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's next?

• Total voters
Ten Haag or Van Bommel

Preferrablt Ten Haag. Embarrasses Poch when it comes to restructing a squad and for handling pressure and decision making

I like Ten Haag too for the reasons you gave. Impressive

The safe experienced choice is Benitez. But if we want to go down the young dynamic choice then Ten Haag would be ideal

No body is going to listen to Mourinho, his latest appointments dented his ability.

Players would listen to Rafa (affordable) and Allegro (not so affordable)

And the rest just making the list.

I like Ten Haag too for the reasons you gave. Impressive

The safe experienced choice is Benitez. But if we want to go down the young dynamic choice then Ten Haag would be ideal
Someone said "Oh it's easy to win the Dutch League with Ajax"

Yeah, but he took them to a CL semi and was incredibly unlucky to lose out in the last game we played well in. He lost two superstars and rebuilt the team and once again they are going well in the CL.

For me to be to be the one posting this is something considering I am a massive Pochettino fan. However it looks like the end and while there is a part of me that still thinks he can turn it around it’s probably just blind optimism.

I do want to say a big big thank you to Poch. You made strong, gave us belief and took us far but I suppose all things come to an end. It’s hard to see a way back for Poch and also a way back for some of the players who have been so disappointing.

The season is not over and if we are to recover either Poch needs to get his mojo back and the players play properly which is doubtful or we get someone else in and hope the players start performing again which is more likely.

We have to look to the future and be positive. There are some good managers out there and with a good manager and a proper clear out of players who ain’t good enough or don’t want to be here we can start again.

I don’t care if people think I am a dick for posting this straight after the match, I want some grounds for positive thinking and some debate on where we go from here even if you still believe Poch can turn it around.
Thanks for adding Tuchel....

I doesn't really matter, as long as the board supports rebelling players.

We can sack the manager every christmas, makes no difference.

Don’t disagree with that. I fear that for Poch there isn’t a way back but Levy has to do things in Jan irrespective in getting players out.

If we're adding unrealistic options, where are the likes of Ten Haag and Favre? My list of realistic options would be:
1:Mourinho
2:Mourinho
3:Mourinho
4:Mourinho
5:Allegri

Last edited:
Oh wait oh wait

We sell Toby, Jan and Eriksen to china for a million pounds. No, at billion pounds. No a gazillion pounds.

Then we hire Mourinho, and Simeone as an assistant manager.

And sign Ronaldo, Messi and De Bruyne.

And then, THEN we download the FMRTE editor, edit Deles happiness to 1000 and Kanes contract to 2089.

For me a choice between Allegri or Benitez. I put Simeone on there but doubtful we could pull that one off.

Allegri could be an absolute wonder and I went for him on that basis but Benitez is perhaps the safest option. Tactically astute, pragmatic and has worked in this country and with big egos.

He should have been sacked after the 2:7 at home to Bayern, and late on in today’s game I was even hoping Brighton got at least another two, so-as to force Daniel Levy’s hand because he won’t resign. That said Levy is no innocent party - this isn’t a rebellion but a war.

As to the question:

I don’t know who should replace Poch as I don’t pretend to be a managerial expert. In fact, if Poch was to win his metaphorical toe to toe with Levy and get a war chest fit for business I would stand by him; but then I’d probably get behind whoever it happens to be that replaced him - other than that Portuguese Chelsea cunt!

If Jose ever comes to the Lane I will be spending more time at Dulwich Hamlet that’s for sure!

Juventus-Manchester-United-1-2-Champions-League-2018-Jose-Mourinho-GIF-Reaction-After-Win-The-Match-I-Can-Not-Hear-Insulti-a-Mourinho.gif

For me to be to be the one posting this is something considering I am a massive Pochettino fan. However it looks like the end and while there is a part of me that still thinks he can turn it around it’s probably just blind optimism.

I do want to say a big big thank you to Poch. You made strong, gave us belief and took us far but I suppose all things come to an end. It’s hard to see a way back for Poch and also a way back for some of the players who have been so disappointing.

The season is not over and if we are to recover either Poch needs to get his mojo back and the players play properly which is doubtful or we get someone else in and hope the players start performing again which is more likely.

We have to look to the future and be positive. There are some good managers out there and with a good manager and a proper clear out of players who ain’t good enough or don’t want to be here we can start again.

I don’t care if people think I am a dick for posting this straight after the match, I want some grounds for positive thinking and some debate on where we go from here even if you still believe Poch can turn it around.

Top post, and I 100% agree with you

If Poch goes (and I think at this stage there is no way back for him) I think we need:

- to get a guy that makes the most of a squad that is in tatters and weather the storm UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON

- in the mean time , to plan for the next cycle. To decide who we be the manager that will build up a new squad and create a new project (in which case , there are some names in the list above who could do well)

I personally think that all the names in your list are unrealistic because either they would not leave their club, as they are doing well and they are well on course for their project (eg Conte, Tuchel) or they are at a stage of their career where they need to get it right immediately (Allegri)

I don't know Nagelman

So, I am risking it here: could you please add 'Arry?

Back
Top Bottom