Who's next?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's next?

• Total voters
The mere mention of Mourinho is enough to bring a cold sweat on. Please no.
If MP is to go, hopefully Mourinho gets another job in the meantime.

Which names on the list do you take issue with? I think there are some exciting ones that might take us to the next level, and some that would add some hard working durability to our weak as piss culture.

I have issues with all of them. Mourinho and Benitez would be possibilities but the football will be dire to watch

If Poch goes, he'll be snapped up by a money club and backed and backed and backed.
He'll either be an enormous success or will get found out

The fact he has hardly been backed at all in his time at Spurs still has me doubting we really know what level he's capable of.

It's always been "he has done really well with what he's got,
and what he's got is less than most teams I'm the league"

Hasn’t been backed, he has done well with he has got?

Seriously is this a joke?

He has had had one the best sides in the league - Kane, Lloris, Dembele, Eriksen, Ali, Son, Vertonghen, Walker, Alderwield have all been at his disposal.

Most managers would kill for this level of backing - the club has given him that squad so it’s absurd to try and claim that he has been disadvantaged.

Hasn’t been backed, he has done well with he has got?

Seriously is this a joke?

He has had had one the best sides in the league - Kane, Lloris, Dembele, Eriksen, Ali, Son, Vertonghen, Walker, Alderwield have all been at his disposal.

Most managers would kill for this level of backing - the club has given him that squad so it’s absurd to try and claim that he has been disadvantaged.

Out of all those, Dele, Son and Alderweireld are the only ones that were bought since Poch arrived.
Dele - £5m
Alderweireld - £11m
Son £20m

Most would have arrived when others left.

Yes, all the players you've listed are good and would get in most teams.
Do those teams just say "that's enough for us, we can't do better so let's not bother" ?

No matter how many good players teams have and how good they were the season before, they bring in more. Who else relies so heavily on outgoings to finance incoming?

For me to be to be the one posting this is something considering I am a massive Pochettino fan. However it looks like the end and while there is a part of me that still thinks he can turn it around it’s probably just blind optimism.

I do want to say a big big thank you to Poch. You made strong, gave us belief and took us far but I suppose all things come to an end. It’s hard to see a way back for Poch and also a way back for some of the players who have been so disappointing.

The season is not over and if we are to recover either Poch needs to get his mojo back and the players play properly which is doubtful or we get someone else in and hope the players start performing again which is more likely.

We have to look to the future and be positive. There are some good managers out there and with a good manager and a proper clear out of players who ain’t good enough or don’t want to be here we can start again.

I don’t care if people think I am a dick for posting this straight after the match, I want some grounds for positive thinking and some debate on where we go from here even if you still believe Poch can turn it around.

Benitez for me. He managed to work for Ashley for 3 years and handled the shit he was given with humility. Good training for the job under Levy

Big Sam.
Big man, little man up top.
Long ball.
etc.

Ten Haag or Van Bommel

Preferrablt Ten Haag. Embarrasses Poch when it comes to restructing a squad and for handling pressure and decision making

Back
Top Bottom