What do British Spurs fans think of foreign Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The stream last night Tumarcador (thanks five) did anyone else see the fans at half time I think in NYC going nuts when Son scored? Good to see that kind of passion considering it’s shitty Leicester!

The stream last night Tumarcador (thanks five) did anyone else see the fans at half time I think in NYC going nuts when Son scored? Good to see that kind of passion considering it’s shitty Leicester!
Yes. It was great to see to.

Joe Clash Joe Clash , mate I enjoy your posts, but i think you underestimate how the world clock can be a pain in the arse.

I agree 100%, "physically" travelling 600 miles is an effort, however that effort is rewarded by the " experience " of watching the game live, with fellow yids, pre and post game banter and so forth.

Down under, our time slots could be anywhere from midnight, 1.30 am, 4.30 am and tomorrow 6.40 am. You are correct its simply waking up to a screaming iphone, but when one's work hours are erratic, ( shifts etc ), then I need to basically plan my sleep patterns week by week.

No complaints, as I wouldn't miss a game, but there are times its damn hard, and having a few beers at home at 6 am doesn't make for a good work day. :)

My only other sporting team is St George here in Sydney, and like you, I will travel interstate to watch them as I have done for 35 years. Love it.

COYS!
It’s those 3:30 to 4:30 kick off games that kill the most. Too late to stay up for and too early to get up for, they can be the games that are easily missed purely by sleeping through the alarm.

Had a spare for the Wet Spam 3-2 PL win couple of years back, and found out from the stewards outside the ground that there was a guy who was asking for a ticket. Turned out he was over from Brazil, his club over there Sao Paolo (so big fan of Lucas), but also a complete Spurs nut. Watches all the games on TV out there, so he'll see more than I do. He raced away from work to see the Barca game, so can only imagine how bonkers he went at Moura's goal. Also went out to the World Cup for Brazil's group games.

We've stayed in touch and he's coming over for about 3 weeks in Feb/March, reckoning that the NWHL will be open by then. Trying to catch as many Spurs games as possible, but also travelling a bit around the country to take in some other stadiums, some lower league matches, some FA cup ties, whatever.

I've got 4 memberships but have no idea how easy for me to get more than one ticket for the new stadium. If anyone here isn't able to get to some of those Feb/March games then he'd bite your hand off. If I only get one ticket per game I'll prob give it to him and try to make other arrangements for myself.

So far he's a good luck charm: 1-2 down at home to Spam with 2 mins to go and we win 3-2 with a very late pen. Winks debut and goal too.

Over here we make time dudes so we we can see all games . Our work is seasonal logging , tourism , farming and anything a jack ass can earn to make some bread.
Our commitment is total but distance , time zones and here extreme weather makes it very different .

I'm crazy about this club, but even I wouldn't go so far as that. However if I had a house in Malta, I would call it Hotspur, as most houses have names. I've seen Elland Road, Old Trafford, The Kop on my walkabouts and that's just round my mum's locality.

A couple of (English) fellas i know legally changed their middle names to Yiddo.

Had a spare for the Wet Spam 3-2 PL win couple of years back, and found out from the stewards outside the ground that there was a guy who was asking for a ticket. Turned out he was over from Brazil, his club over there Sao Paolo (so big fan of Lucas), but also a complete Spurs nut. Watches all the games on TV out there, so he'll see more than I do. He raced away from work to see the Barca game, so can only imagine how bonkers he went at Moura's goal. Also went out to the World Cup for Brazil's group games.

We've stayed in touch and he's coming over for about 3 weeks in Feb/March, reckoning that the NWHL will be open by then. Trying to catch as many Spurs games as possible, but also travelling a bit around the country to take in some other stadiums, some lower league matches, some FA cup ties, whatever.

I've got 4 memberships but have no idea how easy for me to get more than one ticket for the new stadium. If anyone here isn't able to get to some of those Feb/March games then he'd bite your hand off. If I only get one ticket per game I'll prob give it to him and try to make other arrangements for myself.

So far he's a good luck charm: 1-2 down at home to Spam with 2 mins to go and we win 3-2 with a very late pen. Winks debut and goal too.

Just seeing this now.

Love stuff like this.

Can only imagine how happy your man was after Ajax away.

I'm crazy about this club, but even I wouldn't go so far as that. However if I had a house in Malta, I would call it Hotspur, as most houses have names. I've seen Elland Road, Old Trafford, The Kop on my walkabouts and that's just round my mum's locality.
A few years ago on holiday in Malta we called in to the fire station in Valletta ( my dad was in the brigade at the time ) anyway we got invited in by the station watch officer , we all got on and were invited to his for dinner. We get there and the house is called ' white hart lane' ......my parents still keep in touch with the family and they come over for the odd game with the Malta Spurs supporters group.....

A few years ago on holiday in Malta we called in to the fire station in Valletta ( my dad was in the brigade at the time ) anyway we got invited in by the station watch officer , we all got on and were invited to his for dinner. We get there and the house is called ' white hart lane' ......my parents still keep in touch with the family and they come over for the odd game with the Malta Spurs supporters group.....
The Maltese are very hospitable and the older generation especially love the English. Doesn't surprise me that they are still in touch - we are like limpets. I might even see the guy you mention at the supporters' club in Valletta. I'm aiming to next be there for the NLD.

Just seeing this now.

Love stuff like this.

Can only imagine how happy your man was after Ajax away.
Haha!!

He did come over to the UK, but we were still at Wembley unfortunately. I picked him up from Thiefrow and we drove up to the Dortmund game, at the right end for the 3 2nd half goals. Not a bad start. I then dropped him off at a hotel next to Kings X so he could get an early train to Glasgow for the Celtic Europa tie Thursday night (via a whisky distillery!). Next evening he's at Sunderland in PL1. Then Sheffield United v Reading. Took the train down and stayed with us for a few days before Derby County (he'd seen The Damned United), and then I managed to call in a favour from a guy at United for the Liverpool match.

He's aiming to come over again October time to see a match at New WHL. Cracking bloke. Hope I can get some decent tickets. And that Lucas gets the winner again.

The Maltese are very hospitable and the older generation especially love the English. Doesn't surprise me that they are still in touch - we are like limpets. I might even see the guy you mention at the supporters' club in Valletta. I'm aiming to next be there for the NLD.
Lovely people. Can't remember his last name, his first name was Lawrence. He had a nasty accident a few years ago, he broke his head....which I think meant a broken skull!

This story is 100% true
A very good mate of mine,Bob was named after his dads Spurs heroes back in the 60s.
Robert(Bobby Smith),William (Billy Nick) James(Jimmy Greaves)
His Mum agreed to this and left it to the proud father to register the birth..
Whether drink was involved,is unclear but on his Dads return his mother found out her new born baby was called Robert William James Hotspur Surname....
Also a spurs chap from south london who sadly died recently was named, so his initials were THFC.
I quite like that one,subtle.

Most friendly Mediterranean people i have encountered on my travels. Generally seem to love the British,and not just while you are spending money.

If you make the effort to speak French to the French they fall in love with you immédiatement, and they'll do anything you ask them to. Anything at all. I've noticed that the ladies take a bit more persuasion though.

Tried it in America a few years ago too. Turns out they don't really speak French. But they love your English accent.
Top Tip - when an American girl says, "Gee, I love your British accent.", it pays not to reply, "It's you that's got the fucking accent love - I speak fucking English. Alright?" Never works for me.

I love it that we have loyal, passionate overseas fans. I helped run the South Africa Spurs when I lived there. Obviously know loads of the Belgian Spurs, who attend as many games as most of my English mates (which is a lot) and have met loads of USA Spurs. Was really surprised how well informed the US lads were and how much they were into Spurs. I have joined the NY Spurs and Chicago Spurs for games and enjoyed every minute. Also know quite a few of the Austin Spurs. Loads of these lads travel regularly to see us, my mate in SA flew out just for our match in Benfica a few years back. Also met up with the Singapore Spurs at some ridiculous hour in the morning, a lot of these groups show amazing dedication.

I love it that we have loyal, passionate overseas fans. I helped run the South Africa Spurs when I lived there. Obviously know loads of the Belgian Spurs, who attend as many games as most of my English mates (which is a lot) and have met loads of USA Spurs. Was really surprised how well informed the US lads were and how much they were into Spurs. I have joined the NY Spurs and Chicago Spurs for games and enjoyed every minute. Also know quite a few of the Austin Spurs. Loads of these lads travel regularly to see us, my mate in SA flew out just for our match in Benfica a few years back. Also met up with the Singapore Spurs at some ridiculous hour in the morning, a lot of these groups show amazing dedication.

I am going to bring my whole family over for a game during the holidays 2020-2021. My daughter requested this as her reward for getting her PhD. We have seen Spurs twice here in the states. Now how the hell do I sort out 5 tickets together though?

Back
Top Bottom