What do British Spurs fans think of foreign Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are taking the piss this year, how many Sat 3pm KOs have we had? 3 or 4, got to be a record low
Not sure, but it was worse when we were in the EL. Football is fucked. We need a relegation to weed this fanbase out. We’ve got people all around the world getting up at all hours. God forbid what it’s doing to world productivity.

Well you’re a better man than me Oz. I’d do most things these days to avoid my ‘fellow yids’ except down the pub. Slack jawed, selfie taking, half and half scarf wearing, popcorn eating, burger munching, shrieking little moaning cunts that they are, and I’m not just talking about the kids. Honestly you’re better off 12,000 miles away. I watched the Southampton game the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then I made the mistake of reading the match thread on here. This place actually spoils my enjoyment of watching Spurs. Anyway, you seem like a good sort so more power to you. Cheers.

LOL,

Cheers matey,

I do enjoy the banter here... ( when we win lol )... :)

Enjoy the game Joe, and all fellow yids.

Yeap. Banter is decent enough but a bit small and always too crowded.
I've honestly never noticed a real Spurs crowd there before so it's surprising to see so many there in the video.

I prefer to watch early games from home after hitting up my local breakfast cart.
For the big CL matches I'll sometimes sneak out of work and go to Flannery's Bar, where the NYSpurs meet.
Otherwise, no choice but to watch low-key from the desk, or on replay in the evening.

Speaking of watching from the desk, my new hire came into my office for a small meeting on Weds, saw my Spurs stream on in the corner of my monitor, and kindly let me know he was a Woolwich fan. That was a really tough moment for me...

:dempsey:

The OG joint was Nevada Smith's in the East Village, but it's gone now after a developer bought the building, waited out their lease, declined to renew, and redeveloped the plot. Owners sold the name and went back to Ireland. Brutal but that is NYC real estate life- sometimes it destroys your favorite bar/restaurant.
The banter bar is small but has a real pub/bar vibe . There is a Brooklyn group of Spurs loosely organised by a Brit who lives/works there. You seem him briefly with the beard watching in the video .lt was packed with Spurs on the occasion l was there.

As an ex-pat, I've done both. You can't compare the experience of getting up early to get on a train with your mates, have a few beers and a sing-song and then get to see the game live in the actual stadium to waking up at 3:50am to go and sit in a dark living room and scramble to get some stream (used to always be a foreign language stream until this season) and have to watch the game sober and alone without waking up the rest of the house. It's not a sob story, because if Tottenham was as important to keep as it is to some I'd have stayed in the UK, but you can't compare the experiences.
640am tomorrow: id kill for a nice 6am kick off, it's 4am for me, way to let to stay up, and too fucking early to get up; as a result, I won't watch it. Some pricks will probably judge me a fair-weather fan for that, but fuck em

Game time doesn’t mean a whole lot for me here in KY. I do prefer watching it live, but having the best invention since the PC, a DVR, allows me to watch whenever I get time. The beauty of living in the US, is I can go a week without knowing the score, by just avoiding the crawler on the sports channels.

I have a lot of respect for the guys who get up at silly o clock to watch games.

In my opinion that’s a lot more effort than me going to the stadium and having a few beers at the weekend. (Although the Mrs would probably prefer the former!)
Really? Taking time of work, travelling to the matches, forking out for tickets and travel... Wednesday a classic example. Far from easy, and a serious investment of time and money.

Game time doesn’t mean a whole lot for me here in KY. I do prefer watching it live, but having the best invention since the PC, a DVR, allows me to watch whenever I get time. The beauty of living in the US, is I can go a week without knowing the score, by just avoiding the crawler on the sports channels.
I don't really enjoy watching the game if it's not live, I just find myself skipping through until we score, essentially I do my own highlights reel

Your comments after the NLD were over the top. If you’re a typical example of an overseas fan, I’d say pass - stay where you are. You were looking for a medal for the most outraged person on here. I don’t think you get this club imo. We’re not good enough for most of you so remember that.
I was outraged because I hate losing against Woolwich. More so after throwing away a lead. You picked one situation to make a bad example out of me. Instead why don't you look at my posts and see if I posted anything over the top everytime we lost before? And compare that to some members here who melt after every goal we concede.

Last edited:
I can’t be the only one thinking this when they see the thread title.....,,,,

What do British Spurs fans think of foreign Spurs fans??
Shit!!

What do British spurs fans think of shit?
Foreign spurs fans!

(And if you “get” that you’re ok with me).

:adegrin:

The least an armchair supporter should do wherever they live, is to become THFC club member and pay the minimum membership fee (if they can afford it). IMO

I'm lucky enough to be a ST holder now, but have also experienced following Spurs from abroad, getting up in the middle of the night to watch games etc. There are challenges to both but I don't feel I'm any more or less of a fan now than I was when I lived in New Zealand.

I meet a lot of American fans through a friend of mine who is something of a liaison for guys and girls coming to the UK and hoping to catch a game (any Yanks who know Nick, we've probably met). I've always found them to be as passionate as any other - indeed more so than many of the moaning old gits I've sat next to at WHL. Geography does make a difference - it has to - but not to a point of being better or worse. We're all Spurs at the end of the day.

You took a big risk there mate, the 13 year old chap could've chosen Woolwich and you would be supporting the likes of Bellerin and Mustafi by now.
Don't be silly. Even Woolwich supporters hate Mustafi. I was talking to a guy I work with last week after the derby and he said that when he was down and the trainer had to come out for him, he was hoping he was hurt because (and I quote) "He is absolute fucking trash."

Back
Top Bottom