What do British Spurs fans think of foreign Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm from Spain and I'm a Tottenham supporter since 2008, since the era of Juande Ramos (I was only 12 years old). I've watched all the Tottenham games since then and Tottenham is my only one team. Neither Real Madrid nor FC Barcelona (I prefer Real Madrid). I have many Tottenham t-shirts and scarves, a key ring, a cup...

I had the opportunity to visit London in September and I was able to visit North London and Tottenham's new stadium from outside. I was really excited. I hope to be able to visit London soon and watch a Tottenham match in our new stadium.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Kekerinho

ENIC COCKROACHES OUT
I don't think it's been discussed before, I'd like not to drag this into racism/xenophobia/anti-semitism discussion, strictly from the club culture POV, do you think the Spurs fans outside of UK are more or less connected to the club? For example I'm from Romania and the only club I've supported since I started to watch Premier League was Tottenham. I think I'm fairly connected to the club values and rivalries even though I've never watched Spurs live.

I love it when I go abroad and bump into a Spurs supporter, we truly have a global network of supporters clubs. The people in Malta are as passionate as I am, it's usually a matter of economics for them not going to a live game, not because they don't want to.
Why wouldn't we welcome fellow sufferers with open arms? COYS

Many years ago i was with a man utd season ticket holder in Cyprus off season and we were trying to find the plot where he was having a holiday home built. It was in the middle of nowhere and we stopped and asked this old boy if he knew the place. ,My mate would always say 'i'm from manchester, you know, manchester united'. This old Cypriot chap scratched his beard then said 'fuck off, I'm Tottenham' in a London accent.

I'm from Estonia and love the club. Have been to the stadium three times now. Two times I brought one of my mates with me. Last time I flew in from Estonia alone, moving on crutches (had broken my leg just 2 weeks prior) and hopped to Wembley only to see us get beaten by Juventus in CL second round. Then hopped back to my hotel to sleep off the devastation and flew back to Estonia the next day. Don't you dare say that foreign fans are 'mehhh' :roseunsure::wanyama:

Been vaguely following since 2001 after staying in London with a Spurs fan. Been watching religiously for the past 4 years. I wake up at 6 am to watch matches. Been to WHL and Wembley for matches. Flew to San Diego this summer for the AS Roma match. And still I’ve had people on Twitter comment that I can’t be a proper fan. ‍♀️

No problem with it all - happy to see as many people support Spurs as possible.

Got more a problem with British entitled fans who do everything to bash the club for not winning a trophy.

I've posted this before:

Im a tourist. I live in Norway and go to a lot of games. Home and away. I show you respect by not shagging your women :pochsmirk:. I leave a lot of £ to your local breweries, I keep at least one junk food store running. So you better fancy us

I’m a SOUTH Korean Spurs supporter since 2005 when YP Lee joined the club. Since then I’ve been following almost all the matches. I think I do share all those values and rivalry Tottenham has. In Seoul I used to wake up in the middle of night to watch Spurs games live. I just came to London about a couple of months ago to study my master’s degree. I’m so excited that I can now actually go to Wembley to support my team. I will practice singing all the chants before I go. COYS!!

From Belgium here!

Saw the Cup Final on telly in 91 and loved the shirts, name, Lineker,... I was 9 years old and never regretted. Went to The Lane by myself when I was 18 and since then I go at least once a season.

Met my misses 12 years ago and she's loving it too!

COYS!!!

So, probably 5 years ago or so, I wanted to get more into the Prem League. Watched it just a bit now and then, but knew I had to have a team if I were really going to get into it.

My son was 13 at the time. Gave him the task of choosing our team. Only limit I put on him was not to choose one of the Manchester teams. Lotta bandwagon fans of those teams here because they win so often. At the time, didn't even realize the difference in payroll.

He chose Spurs. We enjoyed watching the first year and our fandom only grew from there. I'll never claim to have the depth / understanding of the history as most of you, but i'm learning. I certainly know to hate Woolwich above all. (once I actually understood who that was!) I actually got a bit choked up watching the ceremony after the last game at WHL - even though I wasn't aware of who most of the old guys being introduced were.

I'm a longtime Dallas Cowboy NFL fan (chose them when I was 5). I was born a Kentucky Wildcat college basketball and football fan. I will say I've learned to love the Spurs right up there w those allegiances. I enjoy the good games and lament the bad just as with my other fandoms.

Oh, you'll love this. I wasn't even aware of what a Yid was! I've actually learned a lot just from this forum.

Anyway, at some point, this 51 year old American will make his way to London for a game at the NWHL. I've warned the wife that I'll be singing the songs and fully embracing the whole experience. Can't wait to do so!

Happy to have joined the family, wouldn't have it any other way. COYS!

Personally couldn’t care where Spurs fans are from. I see Spurs as a big family without borders. Why should someone from Manchester, Scotland, Sweden, or Illinois be considered less of a fan if they genuinely care about the club?

It’s not even the place of English Spurs fans to welcome others. If you’re Spurs, you’re Spurs. Doesn’t matter how or when the club hooked you in. What matters is that you continued following.

I’ve been a Chicago Bears fan since I was 12. One of my dreams is to go to Soldier Field. I’ve never set foot in Chicago, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love the team.

I guess the only caveat is if we’re someone’s favourite team, or favourite English team. I follow Barca and Genoa, and have done for almost as long as I’ve supported Spurs (28 years), but wouldn’t call myself a Barca or Genoa fan. I’m not; I’m a Spurs fan who also really likes Barca and Genoa.

Back
Top Bottom