What do British Spurs fans think of foreign Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kekerinho

ENIC COCKROACHES OUT
I don't think it's been discussed before, I'd like not to drag this into racism/xenophobia/anti-semitism discussion, strictly from the club culture POV, do you think the Spurs fans outside of UK are more or less connected to the club? For example I'm from Romania and the only club I've supported since I started to watch Premier League was Tottenham. I think I'm fairly connected to the club values and rivalries even though I've never watched Spurs live.

I dont have a problem with it at all. I have more of a problem with foreigners supporting Chelsea, because 99.9% have no idea what there about or there racist history.

No problem with it all - happy to see as many people support Spurs as possible.

Got more a problem with British entitled fans who do everything to bash the club for not winning a trophy.

On the whole, I couldn't care less, those of you who are on here talking all things Spurs prove your obsession and support just by being on here, you are no different than any other supporter. I've got a load of mates who are born and bred in Tottenham or within a couple of miles of the Stadium and have never been to a game (unless I've given them my ticket in the event that I can't go).

I do get a bit precious however about some of our supporters not born locally (so this could be those that live in England not just those outside of the country) trying to tell me that our rivalry with Woolwich is nothing and that they hate Liverpool (or whoever) more. In my eyes this means you haven't taken the time to understand our history, it means that you have no idea what it's like to have grown up side by side with kids at school, work colleagues etc that support them. I do get it that if you aren't exposed to the rivalry every day then it's almost impossible to feel the hate close up and it might be seen as manufactured or fake or whatever, there's not a lot you can do. But you will get a lot of respect if you take the time to acknowledge this rivalry and its history. The more you learn about it the more you can hate. You can't love if you can't hate. It's good to hate.

I also think that those of you that have become supporters haven't chosen us because we won the league or a cup, you are not glory hunters, big tick.

At the Chelsea game I was sat next to an Australian spurs fan who was travelling through Europe and London was his last stop. He knew his stuff, knew the rivalry and his overall THFC knowledge was a lot better than most I have come across. Was a pleasure to chat to him for the 90 mins.

I'm all for it. Shows they have very good taste for them to choose Spurs over all the Sky favorites, considering our global profile while growing isn't yet on a par with those clubs.
I think that shows some kind of care has gone into their reasoning to support us as most will be drawn to the massive transfers, and trophies of the scummy clubs.

Whenever I see someone supporting Spurs from here, I have respect for them. We aren't gloryhunters like loads of other fans of big clubs. Don't get me wrong, Tottenham is big club, but we haven't had much success in past 20 years like others.

I love it when I go abroad and bump into a Spurs supporter, we truly have a global network of supporters clubs. The people in Malta are as passionate as I am, it's usually a matter of economics for them not going to a live game, not because they don't want to.
Why wouldn't we welcome fellow sufferers with open arms? COYS

As long as you love and respect the club and it's history, it needn't matter where one is from.

I've got a little extra respect for those who were born Spurs (via family or postcode) but that's not at the expense of those that aren't.

If you wernt born in North London. Have great grand parents who were life long season tickets holders. Can't remember every word to each old our FA cup songs. And at least two of the first boys you kissed wasn't called Chas or Dave. Then just fuck off back where you come from especially Romania, Malta or Australia wankers. :levylol::pochshock:

Only kidding. Everyone welcome in my watch.

Personally, I am happy to see supporters from around the world showing the love for THFC. It's a good indicator that the club is being recognised internationally and that many of the players are now icons of the game and who along with Poch are able to sell the Club to potential fans as an alternative to United, City, Liverpool etc. From listening to the USA based podcasts and from 'Yanks' in general who call in or email messages I am constantly surprised at the depth of knowledge about the Club, not just the current regime and squad but back to the Double Team and beyond.

On the whole, I couldn't care less, those of you who are on here talking all things Spurs prove your obsession and support just by being on here, you are no different than any other supporter. I've got a load of mates who are born and bred in Tottenham or within a couple of miles of the Stadium and have never been to a game (unless I've given them my ticket in the event that I can't go).

I do get a bit precious however about some of our supporters not born locally (so this could be those that live in England not just those outside of the country) trying to tell me that our rivalry with Woolwich is nothing and that they hate Liverpool (or whoever) more. In my eyes this means you haven't taken the time to understand our history, it means that you have no idea what it's like to have grown up side by side with kids at school, work colleagues etc that support them. I do get it that if you aren't exposed to the rivalry every day then it's almost impossible to feel the hate close up and it might be seen as manufactured or fake or whatever, there's not a lot you can do. But you will get a lot of respect if you take the time to acknowledge this rivalry and its history. The more you learn about it the more you can hate. You can't love if you can't hate. It's good to hate.

I also think that those of you that have become supporters haven't chosen us because we won the league or a cup, you are not glory hunters, big tick.
You should post this to Poch after Sunday’s abortion mate. He needs to know how hurt we are every time we put in a shitshow against that bunch of cunts.
As for foreign fans? Supporting a football club makes you part of a bigger thing that transcends where you come from. I’m a northern monkey (& proud of it), but absolutely love being part of the fan base of this fantastic club. No different than if I came from Romania or Romford

Last edited:
Having been born in London to Irish parents, my brother and I were indoctrinated into the Woolwich hatred at an early age by relations on both sides of the family, which in turn has been passed on to our respective children, obviously.

If you wernt born in North London. Have great grand parents who were life long season tickets holders. Can't remember every word to each old our FA cup songs. And at least two of the first boys you kissed wasn't called Chas or Dave. Then just fuck off back where you come from especially Romania, Malta or Australia wankers. :levylol::pochshock:

Only kidding. Everyone welcome in my watch.
It's pretty hard to find girls called chas or dave over here in Belgium tbh, i'd still be a virgin

Back
Top Bottom