What do British Spurs fans think of foreign Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was my thought, too. We don't expect to see any top team, just want the Spurs home experience.

Maybe pick a domestic cup game.
I would say after a few ticket rounds, there will be Monday / Wednesday night games that don't sell out.
You could probably buy 5x memberships, link them up, and purchase face value tickets for less than it would cost from stub hub or whatever re seller trash is about - and get to premier league games.

Once we blow our title chances against Mike Dean again, the demand will drop off. There's plenty of fair weather fans that will justify not attending as #LevyOut's fault.

I feel British and foreign.

I’m raised in Enfield, an area which is obviously a traditional Spurs catchment area. However I am 3rd generation immigrant. Whenever I go back to the birthplaces of my grandparents I always will have a couple of Tottenham shirts with me (unfortunately both areas are very pro Woolwich, Chelsea & Man Utd). They ask me “why Tottenham?” and I always explain that beyond the competitive lack of success in the modern era the platform that, in my mind Spurs have given to ethnic minorities that draws me to them. Now that we are actually good I’m hoping I don’t get those (IMO) stupid questions when I go to next month.

Bottom line, I appreciate love the fans of this club wherever they come from, the more global presence the better. Getting huge support from places like Kenya and South Korea means a lot and hopefully a lot of those fans will stay with us long after Wanyama and Sonny are gone.

I wonder if Croatians have a soft spot for us.

A player like Son, I think the fans literally support the player. If he went to Utd, they probably wouldn't bother attending our games any more to be fair.

When asked why Tottenham - remind them; The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.

Everyone's welcome - as long as they don't use 'two zero' instead of 'two nil' and 'dee-fence' instead of defence.
...or owwfence instead of attack, or soccer, or 'on the field of play'. It's all very basic stuff and they really should get it right, or just shut up.

Creeping americanisation suks so bad.

So it’s still called soccer and played on a field right??

:sonpoint::pochbye:

And apologies but Yanks will always love to chant “dos a cero”. If you know you know.

Be prepared. Domestic cups are not called 'World Championships'
Nor do we have a national anthem sing song before every game - more From Tottenham to Tennessee

:wanyama:

No problems, they have seen light. There are two things that grate me more: 1. Supposed chelski fans walking around the South West - fuck off!!! 2. Newcastle fans who claim they are a massive club - fuck off!!! Pardon my language

I think foreign fans are great. They actually chose to support Spurs, which to me is a bigger deal than being born a Spurs fan. My mum and dad support Spurs and took me over there when I was a kid - I didn't really have a choice. I am not saying it is a bad thing I didn't have a choice - I love Spurs, but in my opinion it is more impressive when someone makes a conscious decision to support Spurs. Especially if they are based in another country and the nearest other Spurs fan is miles away.

I think foreign fans are great. They actually chose to support Spurs, which to me is a bigger deal than being born a Spurs fan. My mum and dad support Spurs and took me over there when I was a kid - I didn't really have a choice. I am not saying it is a bad thing I didn't have a choice - I love Spurs, but in my opinion it is more impressive when someone makes a conscious decision to support Spurs. Especially if they are based in another country and the nearest other Spurs fan is miles away.

This makes me think of a piece I saw on TV about British fans of the Cleveland Browns NFL team. My immediate thought was “oh no. You’re born a Browns fan. Nobody should be consciously choosing them.”

Back
Top Bottom