What do British Spurs fans think of foreign Spurs fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top people, talk to anyone in a spurs shirt and you meet them all over the world.
Had one of the best laughs in Chicago USA where we have a big following. I think there's even two Spurs Bars there now.
Far flung one was in Amman Jordan outside a KFC !!

I am going to bring my whole family over for a game during the holidays 2020-2021. My daughter requested this as her reward for getting her PhD. We have seen Spurs twice here in the states. Now how the hell do I sort out 5 tickets together though?
If you pick a low category game (west ham maybe? ;)), you should be ok.

I am going to bring my whole family over for a game during the holidays 2020-2021. My daughter requested this as her reward for getting her PhD. We have seen Spurs twice here in the states. Now how the hell do I sort out 5 tickets together though?

I would suggest you buy some memberships then contact the club. Sure they would sort you out something.

That is pretty much a once in a lifetime trip.

(Well unless the rest of you get PHDs and decide you want to see spurs as a reward).

Every foriegn fan I ever meet makes me proud to be Spurs.
They're all a credit to our club.

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb , VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur ArcspacE ArcspacE Airfixx Airfixx

On behalf of all our magnificent overseas supporters.....

Take a bow, boys.
tenor.gif

The only foreign fans I see online that I don't like are the ones (usually probably quite young I guess) who view football as more like FIFA than the sport it actually is. To them it's all just about building teams of superstars and totally based on stats as if they are the be-all and end-all of the game.

Fortunately they don't support Spurs.

Top people, talk to anyone in a spurs shirt and you meet them all over the world.
Had one of the best laughs in Chicago USA where we have a big following. I think there's even two Spurs Bars there now.
Far flung one was in Amman Jordan outside a KFC !!

Funny thing is if you speak to a Dipper or a Spammer; no matter where in the world you are, they're still cunts.

It might be helpful to get in touch with your local supporters club as well. Spurs Canada was amazing for me earlier this year (end of last season) and without them I never would have been able to get tickets.

The only foreign fans I see online that I don't like are the ones (usually probably quite young I guess) who view football as more like FIFA than the sport it actually is. To them it's all just about building teams of superstars and totally based on stats as if they are the be-all and end-all of the game.

Fortunately they don't support Spurs.
Have you listened to the WheelerDealerRadio guys yet?

I feel British and foreign.

I’m raised in Enfield, an area which is obviously a traditional Spurs catchment area. However I am 3rd generation immigrant. Whenever I go back to the birthplaces of my grandparents I always will have a couple of Tottenham shirts with me (unfortunately both areas are very pro Woolwich, Chelsea & Man Utd). They ask me “why Tottenham?” and I always explain that beyond the competitive lack of success in the modern era the platform that, in my mind Spurs have given to ethnic minorities that draws me to them. Now that we are actually good I’m hoping I don’t get those (IMO) stupid questions when I go to next month.

Bottom line, I appreciate love the fans of this club wherever they come from, the more global presence the better. Getting huge support from places like Kenya and South Korea means a lot and hopefully a lot of those fans will stay with us long after Wanyama and Sonny are gone.

Back
Top Bottom