UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're only 9 points off 4th right now with 25 games to go, plenty of time to make ground up. Realistically, only Liverpool of the top 4 are untouchable.

It's in our hands to beat United twice, Chelsea twice, Leicester, City, Liverpool, Woolwich, City - all at home.. as far as I can remember.. and they have to play each other yet too.

Yeah right now we look a long way off top 4, but 2nd-4th isn't a huge gap, and sometimes over the Christmas period, point gaps can be reduced by like 5-9 within a week!

We look at each game as it comes.. and I don't think there's a fixture left we can look at and say "we can't win that" including Champions League games over 2 legs.

COYS

Given how good Jose is at winning trophies, I truly believe we can miraculously win the champions league tonight.

COYS.
It would me a miracle to win the cup in Nov '19 when it's due to be won in June '20. However, as you say, Mourinho is good. I just don't think he's quite THAT good.

Last edited:
That 1st sentence makes no grammatical sense at all....to me, anyway. Why is "like" included? It adds nothing and means nothing. I don't understand. Surely the sentence should read, "Wait until Aurier's next red!". I'm not being a grammar Nazi. I'm genuinely confused.
Of the whole Internet, and the murder of the English language going on, this is what confuses you!?

A lot of young people use "like" as a comma. Nothing more than that. It's annoying. But they no doubt outnumber us

I love the smell of Gamma Ray

iu

That 1st sentence makes no grammatical sense at all....to me, anyway. Why is "like" included? It adds nothing and means nothing. I don't understand. Surely the sentence should read, "Wait until Aurier's next red!". I'm not being a grammar Nazi. I'm genuinely confused.
ok, I couldve said: wait until Auriers next red or one of those killer crosses from Rose that usually ends up at the ball boy behind the net. Better?

Of the whole Internet, and the murder of the English language going on, this is what confuses you!?

A lot of young people use "like" as a comma. Nothing more than that. It's annoying. But they no doubt outnumber us
And to think this is the language of Shakespeare, Milton and Oscar Wilde. I wonder if this is a socioeconomic phenomenon or perhaps educational. I don't seem to hear it at work or amongst my colleagues and friends or they're children. 10-1 it started in America where they have been massacring the language for years.

Very excited to keep
Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see Vertonghen at left back tonight if Davies is injured and Rose isn't 100%.

Rose is not a good defender and offers almost nothing in the final 3rd.

Should be fun and interesting to see if the attacking 3-2-4-1 becomes the norm or just the strategy implemented vs West Ham.

ok, I couldve said: wait until Auriers next red or one of those killer crosses from Rose that usually ends up at the ball boy behind the net. Better?
Better. But if Rose starts tonight, say what you like, how you like. I'll probably lose the will to live!

And to think this is the language of Shakespeare, Milton and Oscar Wilde. I wonder if this is a socioeconomic phenomenon or perhaps educational. I don't seem to hear it at work or amongst my colleagues and friends or they're children. 10-1 it started in America where they have been massacring the language for years.

It's not really the same language though is it.
Language evolution is a beautiful thing anyway.

We should definetly do a poll. Would you rather have the champions league trophy, or Gareth Bale and his father in law on a five year contract?

---------Gazza--------
Foyth-Sanchez-Toby-Sessegnon
----Dier---Ndombele----
-Son----Alli----Lo Celso-
----------Kane------------

I dont want to see Rose anywhere near the squad. Just like with Eriksen - he is not part of Spurs future.
I say let's continue looking forward AND continue this formation where one fullback takes more attacking position like in previous game. Let Sess roam and Foyth sit back.

That lineup would mean -
- 4 changes with fresh faces
- our main core of attack (Alli-Son-Kane) and base of the defence (Sanchez-Toby) would remain untouched
- yet same formation in the sense of one fullback playing higher up

Please, put Parrott on the bench - if we do well in first 60 minutes, he could come on and get some valuable moments in the big-boys tournament in our new fantastic stadium.

COYS!!!

Great team that

Think about it for a second. With an
inside man like that we could all chip in a fiver each and had weekly pics of Levy on the shitter. If that is what we want.

Back
Top Bottom