UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mental to think Mourinho is going to throw Sessengon in at left back in a cl game unless Rose' knock means he isn't fit enough to play imo

Why is it mental?
Rose has been absolute s*it this season. Useless in attack and gifting goal after goal in defense.

Would call him an "empty place" if he would not be negative influence and bring negative publicity in media.

Why is it mental to play promising young player who has long contract and is set to stay with us for years to come?!? I do not see anything mental at all here.

I'd rather Parrott be playing games than sitting on the bench as an un-used sub. These youngsters simply need to be getting minutes, it's how they get better.

agreed. At his age, it is better to be the man at the lower level than sit the bench and not play with the top flight team. He can only get better by playing.

What I think we could see line up;

Gazza
KWP Foyth Sanchez Rose
Sissoko NDombele
Moura Lo Celso Sessegnon
Kane

Pretty sure Mourinho will want to protect Son for the United game next Wednesday. That's a big game for his ego and right now he's the man opponents will fear the most.
If sess starts, it'll be the 1st time?

Still feels weird...
EKQQwTGWwAEruq3

I love the smell of joy in training, smells like, victory

If sess starts, it'll be the 1st time?

This could be the ideal game for his full, home debut.
A player Mourinho has apparently wanted to work with for some time.

I don't agree with starting him as a defender. Give him some room to take risks, have a run at defenders - and get in the box.

Olympiakos need to win both remaining games and make up a 9 goal difference. Suffice to say; they not only need to beat us; they need to score 2 or 3 goal more than us at least. There best hope will be beating Red Bull to get Europa league. A draw of a loss against us doesn't really make much difference.

With that said; I suspect they will take a gamble and try to win. Expect them to try to keep the game at 0-0 for as long as possible and try to steal a late goal.

Their plan will go tit's up when we get a goal in the first 10 minutes. From them on we play on the counter.

Spurs 3 - 0 Olympiakos
Kane 8, Kane 30, Kane 48
Is that Kane, Kane's son and Kane's grandson?

We can totally finish in the top 4 and win the Champions League.

Think big, we have a big manager now and hopefully this will translate to a newfound belief.

There aren't too many squads as good as ours in European football, we will just need a bit of luck along the way like last season, Put our faith in Mourinho's record in big matches.

I'm sure we will qualify in style tonight and then I will be very interested in the statement we make in Munich. Need to avenge that 7-2 and get some confidence.

We can totally finish in the top 4 and win the Champions League.

Think big, we have a big manager now and hopefully this will translate to a newfound belief.

There aren't too many squads as good as ours in European football, we will just need a bit of luck along the way like last season, Put our faith in Mourinho's record in big matches.

I'm sure we will qualify in style tonight and then I will be very interested in the statement we make in Munich. Need to avenge that 7-2 and get some confidence.
We're only 9 points off 4th right now with 25 games to go, plenty of time to make ground up. Realistically, only Liverpool of the top 4 are untouchable.

Wait till like next Aurier red.
He will come out of it soon enough.
That 1st sentence makes no grammatical sense at all....to me, anyway. Why is "like" included? It adds nothing and means nothing. I don't understand. Surely the sentence should read, "Wait until Aurier's next red!". I'm not being a grammar Nazi. I'm genuinely confused.

Olympiakos need to win both remaining games and make up a 9 goal difference. Suffice to say; they not only need to beat us; they need to score 2 or 3 goal more than us at least. There best hope will be beating Red Bull to get Europa league. A draw of a loss against us doesn't really make much difference.

With that said; I suspect they will take a gamble and try to win. Expect them to try to keep the game at 0-0 for as long as possible and try to steal a late goal.

Their plan will go tit's up when we get a goal in the first 10 minutes. From them on we play on the counter.

Spurs 3 - 0 Olympiakos
Kane 8, Kane 30, Kane 48

Does head to head come before or after goal difference? I can't remember.

Got a feeling it's Points > H2H > GD > Scored?

Does head to head come before or after goal difference? I can't remember.

Got a feeling it's Points > H2H > GD > Scored?
Teams that finish level on points in the Champions League group stage are sorted by the following criteria:
  1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  4. Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
  5. Goal difference in all group matches;
  6. Goals scored in all group matches;
  7. Away goals scored in all group matches;
  8. Wins in all group matches;
  9. Away wins in all group matches;
  10. Disciplinary points (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);

Back
Top Bottom