UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Register to remove

Maybe just short term, which is perhaps all we need from them - it won't make Rose a good footballer/defender though, he's not a miracle worker.
And this is where I’m currently at, short term. I can’t see beyond this season.
Let’s hop Sess can provide something answers, with Davies injured this position is as much as an issue as our fix required in central midfield.

Bazali

Con Jute
Apart from a few individual issues, Rose etc, I think there was a general demotivation of the group as a whole, which in part is understandable from a group that's been listening to the same message for 5 years - and that message has become somewhat confused and diluted the last 18 months as well.
Not being helped by Poch‘a comments about leaving prior to the CL final

Yep agree although I'm still totally in the dark as to the specific motivation issues. Is it our experienced players Rose, Toby and Jan (Eriksen) who were causing the issues. Reading between the lines it would appear that it probably wasn't Kane or Dele and almost certainly not Lloris given his public comments on being wedded to Poch.

ASSUMING it was these three (4), is there anything wrong to say we should be not renewing these players contracts given their age (and Rose's braking the ranks TWICE) and desire of Eriksen to move? Or do we now look to them as great options for us to build from here on out?

I haven't got a fucking clue about this lot, other than we still have a central midfield that is not functioning as an elite midfield.
The essential right now is to pull the squad through this season - and assuming it's the disaffected 4 who are the big problem, bringing in one of the top managers in . the world ( who is also hard nosed ) has to be the way to go as there is no way that they cannot respect him and his medal haul.

At the end of the season 3 or more will either be out of the door or have signed up for another contract ( if Spurs think we want to give them another contract )

Hopefully the change of manager and routines will be enough to take us through to CL qualification next season via Top 4 or even winning CL.

The bit I don't really know about JM is his ability to rebuild the squad for the long term - both buying good players and bringing players through from the academy.

Register to remove

What would Poch have done if 2-0 down. Whilst he would have picked a different side, it is interesting to consider what he would have done. No way would he have brought a sub on but he probably would have changed the formation. Possibly moving Winks further forward to play the role Eriksen was asked to do and similar to his recent England appearance. we will never know if it would have worked but Jose's change did and maybe Eriksen will be more useful to the team in the time he has left at the club.

What would Poch have done if 2-0 down. Whilst he would have picked a different side, it is interesting to consider what he would have done. No way would he have brought a sub on but he probably would have changed the formation. Possibly moving Winks further forward to play the role Eriksen was asked to do and similar to his recent England appearance. we will never know if it would have worked but Jose's change did and maybe Eriksen will be more useful to the team in the time he has left at the club.
He would have taken Sanchez off at half time

Register to remove

Top Bottom