UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck that; win this and we're in the next round vs potentially needing a win at Bayern.

Wednesday is 8 days away.
Totally agree. Jose said it was 'match point' tonight and we needed to qualify now. I can't see him taking any chances plus he wants a good first home win.
We need to turn our new, shiny castle into a fortress as soon as possible. Nothing but wins for all our future home games.

I'm all for playing the best available 11 and winning every game, but would argue if we want the best chance of winning as many games between now and the new year - squad management will be essential.

Our upcoming schedule is very hectic. Just look at our Champions League group - of course I want us to win 15-0, but a draw mathematically pretty much puts us through... and a defeat still leaves things in our hands. That's not saying play for the draw.. it's just the numbers.

A West Ham
--- 2 days rest
H Olympiacos
--- 3 days rest
H Bournemouth
--- 3 days rest
A Man Utd
--- 2 days rest
H Burnley
--- 3 days rest
A Bayern
--- 3 days rest
A Wolves
--- 6 days rest
H Chelsea
--- 3 days rest
H Brighton
--- 1 day rest
A Norwich
--- 3 days rest
A Southampton

For me - we can still finish 2nd-3rd in the league, winning the Champions League and FA Cup.
We will need to use 20+ players, and see no reason why we can't rotate a handful of players and still win the game comfortably.
It's going to be interesting who he picks regardless.

Just use the best possible squad at the beginning, score early as possible, make it 3-0 something like that, then sub Son and Kane, give them a quick rest for Bournemouth match in just 3 days.

This is the kind of match we can use Lamela, I would like to start him but he's missing again.

Win and we are through Jose is going full strength. He is aiming for a cup double this year no matter what he may say to the press. Plus Bournemouth sucks shit, so best team full strength here we go boys.

Olympiakos need to win both remaining games and make up a 9 goal difference. Suffice to say; they not only need to beat us; they need to score 2 or 3 goal more than us at least. There best hope will be beating Red Bull to get Europa league. A draw of a loss against us doesn't really make much difference.

With that said; I suspect they will take a gamble and try to win. Expect them to try to keep the game at 0-0 for as long as possible and try to steal a late goal.

Their plan will go tit's up when we get a goal in the first 10 minutes. From them on we play on the counter.

Spurs 3 - 0 Olympiakos
Kane 8, Kane 30, Kane 48

I genuinely believe you mean nothing but goodwill from this, no fanboi-ism, no disrespect to Mourinho etc, but it just feels wrong.

Tbh, I was uncomfortable singing Pochettino's name when labouring to draws against Watford and Sheffield United and losing to Newcastle, let alone that 2-7
I'm not sure I need to sing his name again unless he's on the opposition bench.

Yes, it's about goodwill and gratitude, things that are all too often missing from our "beautiful game", which so often descends into a mire of negativity. Poch has given heart and soul to THFC and undoubtedly raised our global status to heights we could only have dreamed of attaining before he arrived. I think he merited better treatment than he got from Levy and certainly deserves a proper farewell from the fans.

The club is always bigger than any individual. We have to get behind the team under any circumstances. Looking at his past work, you cannot deny Mourinho's success in terms of trophies and heaven knows we could do with one of those. I am just concerned that, despite making all the right noises about humility so far, an ego-driven individual like Jose might eventually disperse the "energia universal" that Poch believed in and brought to the club in such abundance.

I'd just like us to collectively return at least a measure of that universal energy to him. It would be good karma for us as fans and for the club.

COYS!!!

He keeps referencing Liverpool winning after losing the previous final. Get through tonight and see where the chips land. He’s won it twice with 2 squads that imo were less talented than ours right now.

we’ve seen what can happen in the European cup if you believe, so yeah fuck it I think we have a chance this season

---------Gazza--------
Foyth-Sanchez-Toby-Sessegnon
----Dier---Ndombele----
-Son----Alli----Lo Celso-
----------Kane------------

I dont want to see Rose anywhere near the squad. Just like with Eriksen - he is not part of Spurs future.
I say let's continue looking forward AND continue this formation where one fullback takes more attacking position like in previous game. Let Sess roam and Foyth sit back.

That lineup would mean -
- 4 changes with fresh faces
- our main core of attack (Alli-Son-Kane) and base of the defence (Sanchez-Toby) would remain untouched
- yet same formation in the sense of one fullback playing higher up

Please, put Parrott on the bench - if we do well in first 60 minutes, he could come on and get some valuable moments in the big-boys tournament in our new fantastic stadium.

COYS!!!

Back
Top Bottom