UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think consistency is important, but also I think Dier was pretty poor. He just seems a half step slow right now. If Tanguy can go, I think he gets the nod. Maybe GLC if he can't.

Gazza
Aurier-Sanchez-Toby-Rose
Ndombele-Winks
Lucas-Dele-Sonny
Kane
Dier needs game time.
He won't get any better sitting on the bench.

That's like saying you didn't get the job because you don't have experience, but nobody is willing to give you a job to get experience.

Short sleeve shirts and gloves. What’s that all about FFS?
Well I'm going to be in a heavy sheepskin, a warm woolly hat and thick gloves. I wouldn't want to be running around wearing shorts in brass monkey weather. What's the temperature going to be tomorrow?

It will be interesting to see what he does with the defense:

-Jan being healthy certainly adds some complexity to the decision
-Does he rotate Aurier
-Will he go the predictable route with Rose or shock and start Sessegnon

Other than that I think we see a fairly similar group in front of the defense, hopefully with Ndombele in for Winks and possibly Lo Celso in for Lucas.
I'd like to see GLC start. I know Lucas is a hard working scrapper who can score but he's very inaccurate both shooting but more dangerously, passing. Gives away a lot. Lots of bad passes against the Spammers. I found it frustrating although I enjoyed his goal.

Well I'm going to be in a heavy sheepskin, a warm woolly hat and thick gloves. I wouldn't want to be running around wearing shorts in brass monkey weather. What's the temperature going to be tomorrow?
About 10c but showery. Perhaps leave the sheepskin at home and wear something waterproof.

I’m thinking Rose gets the start in for Davies tomorrow and maybe Ndombele in for winks?Would imagine we go with experience in this one. Need to qualify, not the game to experiment. Plus Jose has only been with the team for 6 days let’s not forget. Will be a couple of weeks before his game plan is put into full effect with his desired players. That said some of the internationals may need a rotation.

What I think we could see line up;

Gazza
KWP Foyth Sanchez Rose
Sissoko NDombele
Moura Lo Celso Sessegnon
Kane

Pretty sure Mourinho will want to protect Son for the United game next Wednesday. That's a big game for his ego and right now he's the man opponents will fear the most.

What I think we could see line up;

Gazza
KWP Foyth Sanchez Rose
Sissoko NDombele
Moura Lo Celso Sessegnon
Kane

Pretty sure Mourinho will want to protect Son for the United game next Wednesday. That's a big game for his ego and right now he's the man opponents will fear the most.

Fuck that; win this and we're in the next round vs potentially needing a win at Bayern.

Wednesday is 8 days away.

Fuck that; win this and we're in the next round vs potentially needing a win at Bayern.

Wednesday is 8 days away.

Well it's 4 games in 12 days, West Ham to United.

Don't think I have paid much attention to Mourinho rotating players for Champions League games but would suggest it's an easier fixture on paper than Bournemouth.

Every game is now a 'must win' fixture - but December is an extremely busy month with a squad Mourinho described as fatigued towards the end of the West Ham game.

We shall see, but am expecting some slightly curious tinkering, and an eye on our strongest team being fit for United.

Well it's 4 games in 12 days, West Ham to United.

Don't think I have paid much attention to Mourinho rotating players for Champions League games but would suggest it's an easier fixture on paper than Bournemouth.

Every game is now a 'must win' fixture - but December is an extremely busy month with a squad Mourinho described as fatigued towards the end of the West Ham game.

We shall see, but am expecting some slightly curious tinkering, and an eye on our strongest team being fit for United.

1. Olympiacos is the biggest game of the lot.
2. Momentum.
3. Rest Son against B'mouth if absolutely necessary.

1. Olympiacos is the biggest game of the lot.
2. Momentum.
3. Rest Son against B'mouth if absolutely necessary.

To be honest a draw tomorrow probably puts us through. Hell, we could even lose it then have the chance of getting a point from Bayern, or hope Red Star do us an Inter Milan style favour.

Momentum I agree is critical for our current situation.

Yeah, I mean I would prefer him to be rested tomorrow night after taking a bit of a kicking on Saturday and lasting the 90. Moura and Dele were spared what are arguably the most taxing final 10 minutes + 6? minutes injury time - quite possibly with an eye on starting them both Tuesday.

It's what I think he might do anyway with no form or history to base that on.

How about playing a back three?

Gazza
Sanchez - Toby - Jan
Sissoko - Dier
Ndombele or LoCelso
Moura - Dele - Son
Kane

The front four need to find a groove you get that by playing together, a defensive five should be more than enough against a weak away side, give Ndombele and LoCelso 45 minutes each with a free role in the middle, can stack the bench and pull off players if needed.

The back five should have a comfortable night so last 25 minute subs

Sessegnon on for Son on the left, Parrot on for Kane down the middle ....

Why does everyone have dier in their midfields. Was comfortably our worst player. I'd rather have mourinho out there.

Also fuck saying we can draw. This team should be able to comfortably put 4 or 5 past olympiakos. They are turbo.

Why does everyone have dier in their midfields. Was comfortably our worst player. I'd rather have mourinho out there.

Also fuck saying we can draw. This team should be able to comfortably put 4 or 5 past olympiakos. They are turbo.
Dier needs game time .... you can't expect players to recapture form not playing .... the game has long since moved on from 11 a side it's now 22 a side and you need as many of those 22 game ready as possible. If that means playing weaker players then sometimes that's what has to happen. Squad management when playing so many games is just as important as picking the best eleven ...

Our "B" team should win this game so let's use a few of them to do it ... FYI every analysis had Dier at around a 6/7 so an average performance, for a player making just his 3rd appearance in the EPL this season that's acceptable ... needs to improve but that won't happen sitting on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom