Tottenham vs United – Wednesday 31st Jan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have had worse days at the office haven't we?
Thought it was a good game and we defended well,after the perfect start.
Changed the game totally,Maureen couldn't treat us to his normal bore fest,man u had to go for it.
Haven't read through the thread,so don't know if it's already been discussed,but why was hair bear taken off so soon after being put on?
If it was anything other than injury then Maureen really is a classless maggot(cheers ArcspacE ArcspacE ,i love that term when talking about him :) )
Injury is what is being said.

They are 5 points ahead, but our squad can be argued is better than theirs. We shouldn’t be raising our game to beat them much like Woolwich did to us. We should be a level above that. City don’t raise their game to play anyone, they go out and perform, that is what we should be doing. Anyway we completely schooled Utd last night.
The reason for the league table is to find out who is better than who else. That’s why there shouldn’t be an argument. I don’t think there’s much between the squads and I firmly believe that only de Gea and Pogba would get in our team from theirs.
However, saying we don’t have to raise our game to beat them is entitlement we can probably do without.

The reason for the league table is to find out who is better than who else. That’s why there shouldn’t be an argument. I don’t think there’s much between the squads and I firmly believe that only de Gea and Pogba would get in our team from theirs.
However, saying we don’t have to raise our game to beat them is entitlement we can probably do without.

We are half way through a season, we have finished ahead of Utd what 2 season in a row. It’s not entitlement we have proven to be better than them across league campaigns for a while now.

Just about sobered up after last night.
Fantastic performance. We genuinely had to win this one. United maintaining 8 points over us or stretching it to 11 would have made it very difficult to push for top 4. Chavs losing was an unexpected delight & it’s all very tight now.
Same performance at Anfield & I can die a happy man. Loathe Mourinho but he showed us some respect in his post match interview so he gets a pass from abuse today. But he’s still a cunt.

It’s not about our players lifting their game. We are better than them in every department, just shows we’ve not been performing due to injuries and off days. Utd can spend as much as they like, they cannot build a squad as good as ours that easily or quickly. Poch has had 3.5 years to get us to where we are. We shouldn’t down play our team we are easily up there with City in term of ability.
This!

A superb article from Yiddo Jonathan Liew (one of the very best sports writers there is IMO) articulates this very point:

One of the most enjoyable Wembley home matches, brilliant team display, brilliant atmosphere, brill all the way. Outclassed manure in every department. Dembele showed Pogba who is the boss. Trips excellent play. Vert and Sanchez class defenders. Davis strong display. Eriksen Son and Dele artists. Kane king. Dier best in midfield. Lloris huge saves. Pochettino the magician.

Last edited:
What
The
Fuck?

Apart from his finishing it was probably the best game he's ever played.

Apparently Alli had a shit game too because he wasn't creative enough.

Dele is too slow to play as a number 10. Would rather see Lamela play in that position instead.

I'd rather have creativity than a fucking movement

This article is almost ten years old now, but it shows how outdated the idea is that attacking players should be judged purely from their contribution on the ball.

How the 2000s changed tactics #4: Off-the-ball movement

You could write essays on Alli and Eriksens clever movement, but its harder to get a impression of this watching a game, particularly on TV, when the camera focuses primarily on who is playing the ball.

If your understanding of my post was that I was playing down our team, then I’m at a loss. The fact is they are ahead of us in the league, so have been better than us previously. They weren’t last night.

Table doesn’t lie to quote an old cliche but I think we will finish above them and the Chavs

This!

A superb article from Yiddo Jonathan Liew (one of the very best sports writers there is IMO) articulates this very point:

That's a great piece.

Dele Ali doesn’t know for certain what will happen next...
Christian Eriksen doesn’t know for certain what will happen next...
David de Gea knows exactly what will happen next!
:eriksenlol:

And, whilst there's much more to admire about it, I also enjoyed this:

Still, it was a reasonably forgettable game for [Sanchez], unless you count the tireless barracking he received from the Tottenham fans, and the time a gleeful Kieran Trippier - a £3.5 million signing from Burnley - sent him for an ice cream near the halfway line.

Forget Maicon's taxi, it's now "Ice cream for Sanchez!"

Back
Top Bottom