Tottenham Vs Fulham Saturday 3rd September 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, Richie, what can you say about this player. Now I understand why Everton fans loved him. They guy works his socks off and is qua-li-ty! And to think he's our 4th option up front.

Best footy we have played in years.

Could have easily been 4 or 5.

We looked so fucking good going forward.

Highlight for me was Sonny's effort and near miss, and well Richy's acrobatics and theatrics. When Son does break his duck it will be with a flurry of goals.

Good on Conte for giving Harry a break.

Exciting times.

Our formula for getting to 90 points remains intact after this one:

1) take 30 out of 30 points vs the three promoted teams, Everton, and Leicester.

2) take 31 of 36 from the next 6 (Villa, Palace, Leeds, Wolves, Saints, Brentford - in no order). That gives us the wiggle room to lose one and tie one vs that group.

3) Take 29 from 48 by winning 8, drawing 5, losing 3 vs the rest of the top 9 (The rest of the big 6 - giving ManU the benefit of the doubt - West Ham, Newcastle, and I’ll put Brigthon in that group for now). We already have the road draws at West Ham and Chelsea, so if we can win 7, draw 1 at home, we’d only need 5 points from the remaining 6 road games)

That formula puts us on 90 points.

Maybe too ambitious? (and don’t get too hung up by which teams I put in which pot, it doesn’t really matter).

But 6 matches in and we have 12 from 12 against the first two pots, and 2 big road draws vs the top teams. Let’s keep it going!

Bit better, even if Fulham were one of the worst teams we’ll ever play.
False.

Fulham has been pretty good so far this season. They drew Liverpool 2-2 and drew at Wolves, they beat Brentford and Brighton (two of the better mid table clubs), and their only loss was at Woolwich in the 86th minute.

I don’t think Mbabu in after Jedi Robinson’s injury was a killer to them, but they look a lot better than Everton and Leicester and some others this year.

Our formula for getting to 90 points remains intact after this one:

1) take 30 out of 30 points vs the three promoted teams, Everton, and Leicester.

2) take 31 of 36 from the next 6 (Villa, Palace, Leeds, Wolves, Saints, Brentford - in no order). That gives us the wiggle room to lose one and tie one vs that group.

3) Take 29 from 48 by winning 8, drawing 5, losing 3 vs the rest of the top 9 (The rest of the big 6 - giving ManU the benefit of the doubt - West Ham, Newcastle, and I’ll put Brigthon in that group for now). We already have the road draws at West Ham and Chelsea, so if we can win 7, draw 1 at home, we’d only need 5 points from the remaining 6 road games)

That formula puts us on 90 points.

Maybe too ambitious? (and don’t get too hung up by which teams I put in which pot, it doesn’t really matter).

But 6 matches in and we have 12 from 12 against the first two pots, and 2 big road draws vs the top teams. Let’s keep it going!
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

People don’t get it. It’s all part of Portnoy’s bit. He’s very influential in the US sports market and him being associated with us is better than him not being associated with us.

Him talking about us is a good thing even if he does come across like a bellend to some.
It’s all a schtick… not to be taken seriously.
...so does he or doesn't he support us?

Either way, I wish he'd stop calling us COYS... unless that's a different Soccer team altogether over there??

...anyway, have googled him now, and wish I hadn't!

Seems like he's had quite the personal life!!
...or is that all just 'schtick' and part of his 'bit' too??

Very fun half to watch, enjoyed it a lot. If we had more quality at the two wing back positions this team would be absolutely purring. Richarlison showing great adaptability to be able to be effective from the right hand side too, some of his off-ball running is absolutely superb. COYS!
Sess and Royal both look ok when the rest of the team play well.

Have yet to see either grab a game by the scruff and change games when no one else is.

If we want to be serious they are squad players not starters.

Last edited:
Highlight’s on MOTD seemed pretty one sided.
The players should be happy going into CL week

Top of the table starting to have a familiar look about it. Got to be happy with the start we have had. City dropping points has been helpful too. Liverpool don’t look like they are capable of going in a long winning streak at the moment either.

And 12 games in I’m happy to put my house on the fact there will be a new team top of the league as well. Let those idiots get their hopes up in the meantime.

I can be as big a doom and gloom merchant as the best of us can and rarely get carried away with a good result here and there. But, as others have mentioned, today’s score line was not reflective of the game. We had it in the bag and it was a 3-0 or so game to us game all day long.

I’m surprised at Bentancur not getting more of an individual mention here than he seems to be. I watched him and Lenglet very closely today at the game (I’ve commented on Lenglet in his specific thread) and think Bentancur deserves a special mention. He covered loads of ground effortlessly, was always available for a pass and was always looking for the ball. When he had the ball, he continuously drew two Fulham players in at a time then beat them through little one twos or by passing through them with ease and setting us off again. I thought it was his best performance for us this season by far.
His performance would get more plaudits from people who were at the game and not watching on TV.

He does things off the ball that never get noticed. Fulham had a counter attack off our corner and sprinted 60m to stop the counter.

On the ball he goes unnoticed because he does things without fuss. In the first half he Fulham pressed us into the right corner, he did a simple outside hook turn and played it square to Lenglet who was in acres of space and the who stadium gave him a round of applause for that.

I was sitting there thinking that's such basic central midfield play, I was doing that playing u8s football. But it goes to show some of the shit we've been served up recently in the central midfield area where something as simple as that gets a round of applause.

Back
Top Bottom