Tottenham Vs Fulham Saturday 3rd September 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte’s system so needs ball playing CB’s. Sanchez and Davies are good players but we need to be playing at least one of Romero or Lenglet every game.

Bizarrely, I first said that when it was actually a decision to our advantage. The CL game when Sterling 'scored' very late on, only to be denied several minutes later by VAR. As much as I appreciated that giving us a path to the semi-final, at the time it just felt wrong, and I realised that night that football would never be the same again. It's not like (for example) basketball where there are many points, in football you only have an average of maybe 3 goals per game, so the whole point is that you should be able to go absolutely mental when your team gets one. You can't wait for 60+ seconds to see what VAR thinks, then erupt, euphoria doesn't work like that.

I think I can safely say that since that night, I've rarely celebrated a goal the way I did before VAR. As a spectacle, it has definitely ruined football, surely no one can doubt that.
I still remember that night.

I turned off as soon as that goal went in and went to sulk in another room for 45 mins.

Only realised later when I checked my phone that we'd gone through.

Richy/Kane/Kulu

The changing of the old guard is needed.

I know it will piss a lot off in here, but we'd move the ball quicker, press better and have more attacking potency.

This doesn't mean the end for Sonny, but sentimentality shouldn't come into it.

We shouldn't have let Fulham near our goal? Fulham lost 2-1 away to Woolwich and were very competitive in the last 30mins. Drew 2-2 with Liverpool and were possibly the better side in that game. Good performance vs a very decent promoted side.. on another day we score three or four.

Bizarrely, I first said that when it was actually a decision to our advantage. The CL game when Sterling 'scored' very late on, only to be denied several minutes later by VAR. As much as I appreciated that giving us a path to the semi-final, at the time it just felt wrong, and I realised that night that football would never be the same again. It's not like (for example) basketball where there are many points, in football you only have an average of maybe 3 goals per game, so the whole point is that you should be able to go absolutely mental when your team gets one. You can't wait for 60+ seconds to see what VAR thinks, then erupt, euphoria doesn't work like that.

I think I can safely say that since that night, I've rarely celebrated a goal the way I did before VAR. As a spectacle, it has definitely ruined football, surely no one can doubt that.
100% this....
I stupidly/naively celebrated Richie's 'goal' today.... Even did the 'Pigeon wings'
..what a twat!

Goals should now be met with ABSOLUTE STONEY SILENCE, until VAR decides whether we can celebrate or not... Imagine them trying to promote that to the world on Sky?

That might bring the message home!

uIR3dpf.jpg

People don’t get it. It’s all part of Portnoy’s bit. He’s very influential in the US sports market and him being associated with us is better than him not being associated with us.

Him talking about us is a good thing even if he does come across like a bellend to some.

Wonderful to see positive impact of new players today.

Hopefully it’ll motivate some of the slow starters…

Cliche but true, sign of a great team to get results when not playing that well.

Absolutely, he and lloris saved us.

If everyone puts in the effort to press then we be more fluid and be able to keep the ball

I don't know what hit guys are watching, the final ball has been terrible, we shouldn't give fulham or a single chance of getting near our box.

Carry on supporting sessegnon, worst shit that had happened to us, shit mistake to give away bergwijn, reguilon. Can't see us changing our play as long as conte here so this tight and nervy game will be here to stay unless someone gives us respect
Well

This one's a keeper!
Looking forward to more of this top class commentary

Back
Top Bottom