Tottenham Vs Fulham Saturday 3rd September 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And there's a fair few on here who don't rate him.

Class act.
Absolutely, he and lloris saved us.

If everyone puts in the effort to press then we be more fluid and be able to keep the ball

I don't know what hit guys are watching, the final ball has been terrible, we shouldn't give fulham or a single chance of getting near our box.

Carry on supporting sessegnon, worst shit that had happened to us, shit mistake to give away bergwijn, reguilon. Can't see us changing our play as long as conte here so this tight and nervy game will be here to stay unless someone gives us respect

Side note, and not just a reflex from Today

VAR has absolutely killed football as a spectacle for the match going fan

Bizarrely, I first said that when it was actually a decision to our advantage. The CL game when Sterling 'scored' very late on, only to be denied several minutes later by VAR. As much as I appreciated that giving us a path to the semi-final, at the time it just felt wrong, and I realised that night that football would never be the same again. It's not like (for example) basketball where there are many points, in football you only have an average of maybe 3 goals per game, so the whole point is that you should be able to go absolutely mental when your team gets one. You can't wait for 60+ seconds to see what VAR thinks, then erupt, euphoria doesn't work like that.

I think I can safely say that since that night, I've rarely celebrated a goal the way I did before VAR. As a spectacle, it has definitely ruined football, surely no one can doubt that.

Last edited:
Unlucky ref, maybe next time

Three Blind Mice Hockey Ref GIF by Fayetteville Marksmen

Just off the tube so have missed the hot TFC takes.

Here’s one from me - fuck VAR. Not many properly celebrated the Kane goal or the Richarlison offside one either. It’s why we all fucking go!!

Anyway - an arse clenching 2-1 which, on another day would’ve/should’ve been 3-0 or 4-0.

Much happier with us in possession today. Lenglet/Romero/Bentancur made a real difference.

Kane & Richarlison v good. Son desperately unlucky but showed signs it’s coming.

Can’t sniff at 14 points after 6 games. Hope this is the kick-on we need to keep getting points AND playing good (better) football…

COYS

Absolutely, he and lloris saved us.

If everyone puts in the effort to press then we be more fluid and be able to keep the ball

I don't know what hit guys are watching, the final ball has been terrible, we shouldn't give fulham or a single chance of getting near our box.

Carry on supporting sessegnon, worst shit that had happened to us, shit mistake to give away bergwijn, reguilon. Can't see us changing our play as long as conte here so this tight and nervy game will be here to stay unless someone gives us respect
Ah just fuck off

Bizarrely, I first said that when it was actually a decision to our advantage. The CL game when Sterling 'scored' very late on, only to be denied several minutes later by VAR. As much as I appreciated that giving us a path to the semi-final, at the time it just felt wrong, and I realised that night that football would never be the same again. It's not like (for example) basketball where there are many points, in football you only have an average of maybe 3 goals per game, so the whole point is that you should be able to go absolutely mental when your team gets one. You can't wait for 60+ seconds to see what VAR thinks, then erupt, euphoria doesn't work like that.

I think I can safely say that since that night, I've rarely celebrated a goal the way I did before VAR. As a spectacle, it has definitely ruined football, surely no one can doubt that.
So true

Back
Top Bottom