Tottenham Vs Fulham Saturday 3rd September 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought we were brilliant today

Some fantastic passages of play , the front three worked really well together

Just need to be far more clinical, we came within a lloris fingertip of blowing the points

Not winning today would have been a travesty

F148-CCC4-3025-4428-8-D64-5-AFBB55525-FE.jpg

1-C7-BA23-B-9-D8-C-4-CBD-93-B2-19-EAB6-B6-C2-EA.jpg

COYS. Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman keep your language under control please!!!

Youngest in my original shirt… meat pies being inhaled. Fingers crossed

if conte actually went ---rich---kane---kulu

we would of been well out of sight today. we made hard work of that.
You say that, but Son did everything but score. He was running at the defence, creating changes and was unlucky not to score. His goal will come. He was an inch from scoring today.

How the game didn't end in a resounding win for us, I'll never know!
Best game I've seen for ages, lots of action, at least we did go for it. But we shouldn't have been hanging on for dear life at the end.
Difficult to pick out one individual as MOTM, as I thought everyone played their part today. Richie added an amazing energy up front, very unlucky for his goal to be chalked off. Then again, you can't forget Hugo's contribution - although he didn't have a lot to do Hugo made two stupendous saves at crucial times. PEH and Rod seem to work well together. Sonny was unlucky today, played much better.
I know the three points are the most important thing, but it was good to see an exciting game too.
Back again on Wednesday - the games will come thick and fast from now until November.

I can be as big a doom and gloom merchant as the best of us can and rarely get carried away with a good result here and there. But, as others have mentioned, today’s score line was not reflective of the game. We had it in the bag and it was a 3-0 or so game to us game all day long.

I’m surprised at Bentancur not getting more of an individual mention here than he seems to be. I watched him and Lenglet very closely today at the game (I’ve commented on Lenglet in his specific thread) and think Bentancur deserves a special mention. He covered loads of ground effortlessly, was always available for a pass and was always looking for the ball. When he had the ball, he continuously drew two Fulham players in at a time then beat them through little one twos or by passing through them with ease and setting us off again. I thought it was his best performance for us this season by far.

Heading back home on the train, next to two really miserable Chelsea fans.

Well that was fun! Good team performance, no one was really bad and lots of positives. Special mention to bentencur, slick as you like.

Man of the match Richarlison, bloody hell, I loved it. He was fully at it like a duracell bunny for 95 mins, no wonder he has an occasional injury break. 😅Never any decline in pace or commitment. I fully lost it when he scored, gutted it wasn't to be.

On a personal level this one means a lot. Fourth time seeing Spurs live and my first ever win. Turns out I'm not a curse after all.
:dude:

14 points from our 6 games
- 4 points ahead of Chelsea and
- 5 points ahead of Liverpool

both of whom have played same number of games

A good opening sequence of results.

Two new boys (Richarlison and Lenglet) getting starts and looking at home to join Perisic who has always looked at home. Coming together nicely

I can’t put into words how good Bentancur is. Having watched the game live, he is unreal. So calm on the ball, rarely loses it and starts so many attacks.

Everyone played well today, Lenglet fitted in so well and Richarlison was relentless in pressing them. Sonny so unlucky but looked lively.

2-1 flattered Fulham. Should have have been 4/5 goals clear easily.
Bentancur is a proper baller , we’re very lucky to have him

I'm mystified at the comments on here regarding our wingbacks. Both Royal and Sessegnon I felt had very good games.

Sessegnon in particular I felt was excellent. He had both Tete and Cordova Reed to contend with down our left and, for the most part, had them penned in their own half for most of the game. He could have had 1 or 2 goals himself, and it was his energy and persistence that led to Kane's tap in.

Royal I felt combined really well down our right going forward, slung in a couple of decent crosses and looked very comfortable defensively.

Both were very positive today and played as big a part in us dominating the game as anyone.

Those on here that were bagging them out throughout the game need to give their heads a serious wobble.

Feel sorry for Richarlison and Sonny. Both played well and deserved goals. Our best performance since Southampton, but fuck me were we unlucky today. UP THE FUCKING SPURS!

Fulham signing a former Spurs striker and another player who had a medical at Spurs, only to join Chelsea and then always score against Spurs, the day before they play Spurs, which is my first game at the new Spurs stadium...

What could possibly go wrong?

We did lots of things right today, moved better, moved the ball better, actually managed to look pretty coherent until the final third, and limited them to virtually nothing (Fulham XG 0.38), it was a travesty that we ended up with constricted sphincters last few minutes due to a combination of a poor defensive moment and bumbling away a plethora of great situations with poor final or penultimate actions. Everyone was guilty but Son was the biggest contributor. Good that he was far more involved today, but he made several poor decisions/executions that killed great situations.

It was a shame it was Kulusevski given the rest today not Son, because I feel he could have really punished Fulham, we had so much ball in good forward situations, his surer touch could have counted. Likewise Peresic instead of Sessegnon. There was some hay out there to make, and we left two good bal(l)ers out. Could have then brought Son on to run at tired legs.

Having two CB's who can play football made a huge difference to our ability to play out and construct patterns today. I hope we see Lenglet as a fixture now, he's a massive upgrade, and Conte's 2cm system really needs at least 2 CB's (the lateral two especially) who are comfortable with the ball and can step into midfield (this was the only justification for Bastoni, who's not a fabulous defender).

The goal we gave away was another really poor one. Romero has lots of likeable qualities, but his box defending at times can be less than great. Showing Mitrovic inside was a pretty basic error, he's never going too run you round the outside and I'm so sick of watching Dier retreat away from danger to stoically mark a huge piece of grass. Dier's mastered the art of risk averse defending.

After working so hard to get that second goal that would allow us to relax a little, conceding such a soft one was a real kick in the nuts.

Lots of decent individual efforts today, no one could be singled out as not putting in a decent shift in. Some did good things. Some bumbled. Thoroughly deserved the points, just a shame we ended up having to sweat them out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom