Tottenham Vs Fulham Saturday 3rd September 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Emerson made that goal. All you fuckers slating him in this thread need to shut it. He hasn’t put a foot wrong all game
his crossing has been frustratingly bad given the number of times he has gotten the ball in that area.

but he is solid defensively and can win the ball back damn well

By world class wing back I assume you mean Perisic, who is 33 and simply cannot play every game?

And by biggest young prospect I assume you mean Spence, whom our manager has openly said on two occasions is a club signing for the future and is not ready to play in the Premier Legaue yet?
he never said that

Sonny playing well. Would have been ridiculous to have dropped him today.
Precisely, he’s always been a streaky player and those sorts need to play out of a slump, not take a seat and hope it disappears on its own.

I think Son’s mentality is right as you could see him laugh a bit after hitting the bar. He knows he’s a bit unlucky and the luck will turn

Very fun half to watch, enjoyed it a lot. If we had more quality at the two wing back positions this team would be absolutely purring. Richarlison showing great adaptability to be able to be effective from the right hand side too, some of his off-ball running is absolutely superb. COYS!

Much better performance today.

We look energetic and passing is definitely better than recent games.

But wasteful with our chances but so far, so good.

COYS!!

Sonny and Richi playing well too, hope they both bag a goal their performances deserve.

Hope we don't rue all those missed chances...... Surely Fulham will rally up for the second half.

Nice strong start to the 2nd half please lads.... No sleep-walking.

Thing is we still get caught out defensively by not marking or closing down. At least with science he offers something different the oppo would be worried about. Fulham’s left side might as well get their cigars out. Especially with no kulu. That starting 11 apart from Kane has no creativity.

Pardon?

Let me introduce the rest of our crew…

Richarlison the Great.

Said before kick off, was super confident we would see dramatic improvement in fluidity with Lenglet and Romero in the team…

Fluid…

Bruce-Lee-Be-Water-My-Friend-2.gif

With two center backs who know what they are doing when it comes to possession and progressive ball movement, it’s been pretty clear that the system works. Fulham haven’t been great but they can’t press us because we are so assured in possession at the back.

Very good half in complete control.

Only disappointment is that we've just got the 1 goal. Better wingbacks on and we probably have 2 or 3.

Son can't hit a barn door atm. I'd get Kulu on to finish the job.
prob see perisic last half hour. strange to keep going with emerson, i get hes a good defender but why are we worrying about defending against fulham? we need to be putting our foot on their neck.

Think Son, Kane, and Hojbjerg has been really good.

Lenglet´s distribution has been good. What a difference it makes with two ball-playing CB´s on the pitch.

We would have beaten the spammers easily with Romero and Lenglet on the pitch

Back
Top Bottom