Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haven't read a word sorry.

Frustrating as fuck tonight, it's a piece of piss to park the bus, they can have that celebration if they are happy watching that shit.

Thought Poch got one fundamental thing wrong tonight and that was to play two holding midfielders against these bus parkers, could have done with either Dembele or Lamela on who are good at working in the tight spaces, either dribbling past and taking on defenders (Moussa) or playing the through ball (Lamela). We didn't need two holding players tonight, they got into our half about three times all night.

Thought Aurier was superb tonight, some beautifully timed tackles and he was stretching them well.

Son's goal, utterly fabulous and his celebration was right up there, I'm sure this was to do with the racial verbal attack he got from that fat cunt in a van, wasn't it?

Anyway a bit of perspective, our festive run has been good, best in the league in fact and we deserved to win tonight too.
DSusLVHWsAA9BO2.jpg:large

Actually decided to use my season ticket, and I went to the game tonight. Fifth time I have been this season. Missed the first half because I was stuck on the tube for an hour desperate for the loo. Apparently two trains had broke down in front of us. Fucking joke, tube drivers get paid too much (I realise it was not his fault). Second half was a bit boring; didn't really get going until their goal.
It reminded me why I fucking hate Wembley and will only probably go back for the derby and Juventus. Utter woe of an atmosphere, shockingly embarrassing.

Actually decided to use my season ticket, and I went to the game tonight. Fifth time I have been this season. Missed the first half because I was stuck on the tube for an hour desperate for the loo. Apparently two trains had broke down in front of us. Fucking joke, tube drivers get paid too much (I realise it was not his fault). Second half was a bit boring; didn't really get going until their goal.
It reminded me why I fucking hate Wembley and will only probably go back for the derby and Juventus. Utter woe of an atmosphere, shockingly embarrassing.
:freundgoal:

Rinse and repeat. Another opponent packs it in on defense and we can’t seem to net a goal, for the most part, despite superior talent. Me thinks Lemela should have been in the eleven or subbed in earlier. His style is more suited when attacking 8-9 in the box. More through passes rather than banging it out to the wing for crosses into a mass of humanity. We seem to be to predictable in that aspect.
I’d also like to see a faster transition in to the attack, thus not allowing defense to get set and organized. Stop knocking it around in the middle third and push the issue earlier.
Dropping points against the likes of WHU will keep us out of CL. Competition is too stiff for final three spots after City. Liverpool and Chelsea look pretty tasty right now so it looks to boil down to Spurs, Man U and Woolwich, for the other spot.

One goal from 30 shots, and it's Sissokos fault again
Do you think he played well?
I'd love to see you provide some footage of the game where he did anything of value or demonstrated any degree of skilful footballing talent.
I take no joy whatsoever in pointing out how utterly poor he was.
His only virtue is that he's hard to dispossess, because of his strength. The fact is that you don't have to try, you just wait for him to lose control, pass it badly to a teammate or give a hospital pass to someone. Last night was an unbelievable performance.
You then come out with a defence of him with a comment that nobody made. Possibly the best prepared straw man argument I've seen, ever.

Hammers almost win with defensive masterclass

Their 27% game possession was spent packing the penalty area and whacking the ball away, having one shot on goal - playing cringeworthy and pathetic football that was embarrassing to watch.
And yet somehow Steve Claridge, for the BBC says Pochettino's tactics must be questioned. He put out a team that UTTERLY dominated their opponents and did their best to win, playing entertaining and skilful football - and that approach has to be questioned?
Has Claridge been lobotomised?
I despair.
Why are Moyes tactics not being ridiculed and his team not being vilified for their spineless, dull and boring negativity?

I'd love to see you provide some footage of the game where he did anything of value or demonstrated any degree of skilful footballing talent.
His only virtue is that he's hard to dispossess, because of his strength. The fact is that you don't have to try, you just wait for him to lose control, pass it badly to a teammate or give a hospital pass to someone. Last night was an unbelievable performance.
You then come out with a defence of him with a comment that nobody made. Possibly the best prepared straw man argument I've seen, ever.
Nobody made the comment that he was shit and shouldn't have played?
How can anyone say that and then try to insert some disclaimer that "I'm not blaming him for the result".....?

I don't think he did much, but what he did, he did mostly correctly. I remember one piss poor pass where he expected Aurier to be on the wing. It happens.

Other than that he made small passes, mostly meaningless, but that's the nature of matches like this. Tippy tappy crap and the whole team is guilty of it, but somehow only Sissoko is the problem.
When will people accept that that is what he is, and clearly that is what Poch wants from him. Do you lot think Poch is telling him to go box to box and get on the end of crosses? Yet plays him most weeks even though he doesn't do that and just plays a subtle link up role.
Can you not see he is following instructions. It's pretty obvious what he's there for.

I'll tell you who I think was worse than Sissoko and responsible for the result.

Poch - selection
Dier - no bite or drive
Kane - poor
The collective front four
Davies - wasting numerous crosses

I expect our best players to be game changers. It's like people think Sissoko is shit but sit there every week expecting him to be Garrincha then get shocked when he doesn't make a massive impact.

Start looking more closely at your fan favourites people.....apparently our front line is worth about 500M, yet could only get 1 in 29 past the mighty Adrian and a back line that's shipped FORTY goals this season.

It's like a pretty girl crashes into your car, and you blame some bloke walking down the street ten meters away.
Here's a tip, it's ok to say "for fucks sake Harry!!" when he wastes a chance.

It's not ok to say "ahh he scored 30 goals.....FFS SISSOKO!"

How can anyone say that and then try to insert some disclaimer that "I'm not blaming him for the result".....?

I don't think he did much, but what he did, he did mostly correctly. I remember one piss poor pass where he expected Aurier to be on the wing. It happens.

Other than that he made small passes, mostly meaningless, but that's the nature of matches like this. Tippy tappy crap and the whole team is guilty of it, but somehow only Sissoko is the problem.
When will people accept that that is what he is, and clearly that is what Poch wants from him. Do you lot think Poch is telling him to go box to box and get on the end of crosses? Yet plays him most weeks even though he doesn't do that and just plays a subtle link up role.
Can you not see he is following instructions. It's pretty obvious what he's there for.

I'll tell you who I think was worse than Sissoko and responsible for the result.

Poch - selection
Dier - no bite or drive
Kane - poor

I expect our best players to be game changers. It's like people think Sissoko is shit but sit there every week expecting him to be Garrincha then get shocked when he doesn't make a massive impact.

Start looking more closely at your fan favourites people.....apparently our front line is worth about 500M, yet could only get 1 in 29 past the mighty Adrian and a back line that's shipped FORTY goals this season.

It's like a pretty girl crashes into your car, and you blame some bloke walking down the street ten meters away.

Blah, blah, blah, blah blah..

He played as the holding midfield player ... they had just three shots on goal and just one on target ... he did his job .... not that hard a concept to grasp ....

Three players barely given 30 minutes between them....for all the talk of signing someone, they'll just benchwarm anyway and maybe get 12 minutes every 8weeks
I think you should send Poch an email and tell him where he's gone wrong in his ways - an expert like yourself seems to have it all figured out. Better yet - why not take over the managerial duties all together - then you can play a team of 11 Sissokos and wank yourself to sleep in your basement every night how hard they've run

Poch - selection
Dier - no bite or drive
Kane - poor

I agree Poch was wrong in his team selection, he picked Sissoko and asked him to contribute nothing to the game, so credit to Sissoko for doing that.
Take a look at Guido's photo above, and you question why we didn't score?
You praise Sissoko for sticking to the team shape but criticise Dier for doing the same thing - seriously Sammy, are you married to Sissoko's sister?
West Ham typically up their game against Spurs, which is why Poch was over cautious at a guess - why the fuck he kept the pair of them on beyond 30 minutes in, when their lack of ambition was obvious is my only criticism of him

Poch - selection
Dier - no bite or drive
Kane - poor

I get your line on Sissoko and actually agree as far as this match was concerned.

It was however a game where we did break West Ham down quite often - they defended brilliantly.

Having slept on it I think the one gripe, not so much with tired players is when Pochettino may have sought to change it.

But I am content and against a normal context we are doing fine.

Sometimes you have to give grudging credit to the opponent in their efforts.

We drew not just the game but reserves of energy when losing looked quite possible.

I get your line on Sissoko and actually agree as far as this match was concerned.

It was however a game where we did break West Ham down quite often - they defended brilliantly.

Having slept on it I think the one gripe, not so much with tired players is when Pochettino may have sought to change it.

But I am content and against a normal context we are doing fine.

Sometimes you have to give grudging credit to the opponent in their efforts.

We drew not just the game but reserves of energy when losing looked quite possible.
You disagreed with my criticism of Sissoko. I would ask you to prove me wrong in the same way I did earlier
Show me some action from last night's game where he did anything competently. I'll bet for every thing you could show - anyone, with little effort, could show six or seven examples that negate it.
He did walk his mascot onto the pitch well

Back
Top Bottom