Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wtf are you saying?

Clueless or desperate for attention?

We are fighting for the top 4 as we were before the game, we weren't on point today and lost two points that we shouldn't have lost, but that's about it.

We will always struggle to be "on point" as you put it, unless we either change tactics or find that one player who is good enough to play through the middle of two banks of defenders. The alternative is to use a winger, but we don't have one that Poch feels is good enough, and this is why we fail time after time to break through deep lying sides.

This isn't fucking rocket science by the way, Liverpool and Man Citeh, and to a certain extent Woolwich have been playing this way all season.

At the end of the day, failing to break down this type of side will have us playing Thursday night football yet again next season.

Thought hood made a really valid point. We all know how certain teams will play at Wembley so is there honestly not a plan for this? Think 2 defensive mids was too much tbh...

It is a good point and maybe correct.

The truth is that we had enough of the ball and chances and against other teams may have scored earlier.

I knew it would be a hard game and the West Ham players stood up to the test.

10 points from 12 is a good return. We move on.

I'll leave this here... fuck tonight!

Match Stats
Possession: Tottenham 71% Apparently We're Not Allowed to Care United 29%
Shots: Tottenham 31 Apparently We're Not Allowed to Care United 3
Shots on Target: Tottenham 8 Apparently We're Not Allowed to Care United 1
Corners: Tottenham 7 Apparently We're Not Allowed to Care United 1
Fouls: Tottenham 10 Apparently We're Not Allowed to Care United 6

...good to see we beat them on the fouls as well! ...every cloud, huh?

Last edited:
So frustrating that despite having nearly all the possession and sissoko on the pitch, we only scored once. Great strike from Son!

We should have known what they would do and Everton will be the same, we desperately need some pace into our attack.

Thought Aurier had a good game tonight though

My only criticism of Pochettino is he makes subs too late in a game when they are needed earlier.
How could anyone with eyes see how utterly shit Sissoko was? Its not just all the things I said before, cant shoot, cant pass, cant defend cand find or see space and so on. Even his short passes half the time are hit badly - too hard, too short, behind, in front of the target. So the next man has to check or stretch or whatever.

Believe me, I wish I didn't dislike him so much but he brings absolutely nothing to the team. Saying he gets forward or tries hard is nowhere near enough., Raziak got forward. Andy Booth tried hard. It's like praising an electrician whose wiring burned your house down for wiring the plug properly.

Far to slow on the counter in the first half. Felt like the players just assumed the breakthrough would come regardless.

Worth it all just for the Son finger on lips celebration though.

I’m bored of the Wembley argument, a stadium doesn’t dictate us employing the same approach to low block sides time and time again.

Totally agree... Think we would have had similar problems at whl as teams worked out how to play effectively against us and stop us playing our natural game.

Alan smiths commentary at 1-0.

“That’s the best scenario for the neutral”

Fucking sky and playing teams like West Ham every week bar the top 6 is making watch the Prem very boring/infuriating this season.

As soon as I saw the fixtures for this period, with this game coming so soon after the last, I just had that sinking feeling that we were never gonna get the 3 points. Those fuckers were always going to throw themselves at this like their lives depended on it, and the last thing we needed was to face them in such a busy period.

We need to add more creativity to this team. Too many shitty teams are getting easy points off us by doing exactly this same garbage tactic. We have to find those eye of the needle passes to break them down. We take too many touches and send in telegraphed balls that are easy cut out when there are so many bodies back. I cannot believe Poch left Sissoko out there for so long. He is the least skilled, simple kick-and-run player we have, he is absolutely useless in a game were we have all the possession but no space to run. Lamela was the obvious sub to make at half time because the pattern of the game was clear. I don't want to give him too much shit cause he is working with a very limited squad, but he has to change up his methods for this kind of match up. And we HAVE to bring in some more quality footballers into this squad ASAP.

It is a good point and maybe correct.

The truth is that we had enough of the ball and chances and against other teams may have scored earlier.

I knew it would be a hard game and the West Ham players stood up to the test.

10 points from 12 is a good return. We move on.

Just too ponderous in first half I think cost us the game.

Best part of the game was Son's celebration.

DSurTHQXkAEI1FM.jpg

Rest of it was just shit.

Roll on the FA Cup and a start of that journey.

Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Kane, Eriksen, Dele and Lloris all to be rested please.

Back
Top Bottom