Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks is more a water carrier, no?

Sissoko would be just a ball winning midfielder.
A Regista but not as deep as Pirlo used to sometime play. I haven’t seen Winks’s game be defined by long, accurate passing. I think he’s better in the thick of it making short, quick triangles under pressure.

Is it a waste if it is based on what's going on on the pitch. Some managers would make the change.

20 minutes is probably a little early. Wouldn't be opposed to a change in tactics though when it's obvious it isn't working. Maybe something like this after 20 odd minutes.

Kane
Eriksen - Alli
Son - Dier - Sissoko - Aurier
Davies - Vertonghen - Sanchez
Lloris​

I don't think he's creative enough to be further forward to be honest - people always said he was an Iniesta or a Xavi but I only ever see comparisons to Busquets in his game. Not creative enough to be a Xavi or Iniesta but equally important due to his ability to read the game and taking opponents out with passing
He needs to introduce long range, accurate passing and better vision then if he’s to drop deeper. At the moment I think he’s fine as a high quality, young central midfielder still finding his niche.

Just glad we didnt let the cunts beat us. That would have been unbearable.
Question is, will we finally flex our financial muscle this month to push for the top 4, or will Levy keep the wallet zipped shut and hope for the best like he usually does.....time will tell I guess

Yes a defeat tonight would have been a disaster but we salvaged a draw somehow against a side that shouldn’t be in this division with a failed manager

I would question the “financial muscle “ aspect though with an £800-1000 million stadium to build

Still think we’ll finish top 4 as 10 points out of 12 isn’t bad and both Wanyama and Lamela coming on with game time

No. He SHOULD have changed the game sooner. He does it every single fucking week.

Oh pls fuck off.... Not in the mood for your "I know better" shit tonight...

"Every week"....?

10/12 points this xmas.

We win more often than not since Poch arrived...

Take the rough with the smooth or go and suckle up to your sweatheart, Pep you cunt!

I've been on the end of plenty of racist, anti-semitic abuse from West Ham down the years... They hate us, and I/we are supposed to hate them!

I do care about this fixture... as do many on here... but the ones who pretend they don't, are either lying to themselves, or shutting their ears to the vitriol and systematic abuse we've been subjected to from them down the years... This rivalry is real... it matters because it matters... the league positions don't come into it... Millwall hate West Ham even more than West ham hate us, and they haven't been in the same Division for years... that hatred is purely down to Geography and History...

Geography tells you that (apart from Leyton Orient) West Ham's Boleyn Ground is/was a mere 8.5 miles away from White Hart Lane... second only to Highbury... (which is/was 4 and a bit miles) that's why there's a local rivalry... don't pretend there isn't... it's been there for over a Century. It's a local fixture for local people Tubbs!

Anything else is erasing the past and conveniently ignoring History to suit your own modern-day Football elite 'narrative' (if I understand the modern-day new-fangled footballing hipster terminology correctly!)

I'm sick to death of the self-entitled 'Spurs' fans convincing themselves, and trying to convince others, that the rivalry with West Ham doesn't exist... like or not, it does exist. It doesn't make us a small club to accept it... it makes us a club who recognises its' position, and it's history to acknowledge local rivalries...

Otherwise, we're in a Soulless state where Chelsea fans are convincing themselves that Man Utd/City are their 'local' rivals.... and where does that leave us? With a fucking European Super League... where, to Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Barcelona, Chelsea are Man City's 'local' rivals...

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE BRETHREN... CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

you post like a brain damaged 12 year old permanently.
Your post was not a eulogy to Poch, it was yet another condemnation of the team/club
Think yourself lucky I restrained myself
My post was a definate eulogy to Poch. And the team of players he has moulded together. I love our manager. I love our team. Am I missing something out Mr C

He needs to introduce long range, accurate passing and better vision then if he’s to drop deeper. At the moment I think he’s fine as a high quality, young central midfielder still finding his niche.

I think he has it in him - Long pass to Trippier in the build to Alli's goal against Madrid for example, problem is we have tended to lack the width when Winks has played because we have been so inconsistent with our wing backs.

Plus it usually means playing 3 in central midfield which we don't tend to do - the last time I can remember doing so was when we smashed Liverpool 4-1 and we had Dele, Eriksen and Winks all in the centre.

Totally agree. He is not good enough. Offers absolutely nothing, can not pick a pass, never seems to have the ball under control and offers nothing going forward.

For all his work rate we might as well get a spurs fan on the pitch who can sprint and run 6 minute miles.

Guy is absolute Garbage

Against teams like this work rate is not something we need. Lamela would have been a better choice to start. Everything generally went down the left for 70+ mins. Once lamela came on there was another option and it's unlucky we didn't win that. Please sissoko be injured or something. I can only imagine he is being played to minimise the obvious loss we will suffer on him when he is inevitably sold.

"Every week"....?

10/12 points this xmas.

Take the rough with the smooth or go and suckle up to your sweatheart, Pep you cunt!

No, you're right. Pochettino shouldn't have made a change earlier than the 75th minute. We were on course for a point before that minute and ended up with one afterwards. He done well

he's probably been a 7/10 this season

Hahahahahahaha, are you serious? What on earth has he done to gain such a high score? (note: "getting forward", "big engine" and "being involved" don't count)

There seems to be some surreal attempt to rewrite reality with Sissoko and his complete lack of footballing skill, it's the weirdest thing. If he played for any other team you'd be Laughing Out Loud Out Loud Out Loud at how all-round useless he is.

20 minutes is probably a little early. Wouldn't be opposed to a change in tactics though when it's obvious it isn't working. Maybe something like this after 20 odd minutes.

Kane
Eriksen - Alli
Son - Dier - Sissoko - Aurier
Davies - Vertonghen - Sanchez
Lloris​

Formation looks good but I think someone like pep would have changed it as it was clear how the game was going. Oh well maybe next time lol

Not easy against a blanket defence who set out their stall from the start

Total domination with little to show for it but we can play better

But that’s the point being made here, this isn’t a new tactic here and yet we are not adapting to it. And it is is costing us, we are bleeding points because of it.

Against teams like this work rate is not something we need. Lamela would have been a better choice to start. Everything generally went down the left for 70+ mins. Once lamela came on there was another option and it's unlucky we didn't win that. Please sissoko be injured or something. I can only imagine he is being played to minimise the obvious loss we will suffer on him when he is inevitably sold.

Problem is lamela is coming back after a year out and played on Tuesday night. Poch clearly does not rate nkoudou, him and sisokko need removing ASAP.

Yes a defeat tonight would have been a disaster but we salvaged a draw somehow against a side that shouldn’t be in this division with a failed manager

I would question the “financial muscle “ aspect though with an £800-1000 million stadium to build

Still think we’ll finish top 4 as 10 points out of 12 isn’t bad and both Wanyama and Lamela coming on with game time
Good post Baz. Agree with nearly all of that.
Although I refuse to get drawn in on the stadium part .

"Every week"....?

10/12 points this xmas.

Sorry but just realised I mentioned pep in another post. Apologies in advance :dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom