Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United Sunday 23rd October. 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“We need a creative midfielder”

Just testing to see if this flags up in ENIC bot Airfixx Airfixx detection automated response
It’s conte who appeared not to be interested in one. I swear not every team has great defenders and FBs / WBs. They make up for it being well drilled. Plus you stack up with quality players in midfield and forward positions. Then you coach a style where teams attack as one and defend as one. How often do we attack and find there is may be just one player in the box. Yday I think there was an occasion where hardly anyone got forward to join the attack. The system we have is straight jacket with I’m sure players not to eager to move from their designated positions. They know if they dare adventure too far from their position conte will have you.

Tactical analysis here.
From Spurs pov, questioning why Conte didn't change his system in game (until too late).
And commenting on the difference in ball playing quality of Spurs vs Newcastle defences.

Funny how this elite manager seems to get out classes / witted by rejects like howe or arteta who was ridiculed last season. Tuchell spanked his bum 4 times I think.

...the formula against us remains the same - man mark Kane, make Son dribble past 2/3 defenders or bury a worldie from 25 yards out, and we are helpless - we desperately need a WB or AM who can pick a pass, beat a man, and finish - hopefully getting Kulu back will help, but we need depth as well...

COYS

Come on we have wasted time as well in many games under conte where we are holding onto our lead. It’s the sane as just pissing about with the ball in our own half passing sideways v slowly and in talking about when it’s 0-0.
If only the sideways passing between the back three represented some kind of tactic that would help us win the game, or at very least hurt the opposition.
Unfortunately you can almost hear the mental gears grinding "what is this round thing? I need to get rid of it ASAP, I'll roll it 10m sideways to Eric"
Our back 3/5 must have pass completion stats in the 80s

No clue at all we have not beaten any half decent side this season and the football is horrendous.
Conte will not be a success here, he peaked last season for us getting the champions league spot, I would be surprised if he lasts the season tbh
What happened to every one going on about no top 6 side had beaten another top 6 side away. Well that has been put to bed if we include bar codes now in top 6/7.

Not even a hint of a threat since we scored, totally limp wristed bollocks
Don’t think pope had to make any saves. Really Patricia has bought some crap and only looked at certain markets. How much was pope why didn’t we get him as replacement for Hugo. Many players in the PL we could have picked up at good prices but we ignored them apart from richo who conte apparently wanted. Yet we over paid for him and is over rated not actually real top class quality.

...the formula against us remains the same - man mark Kane, make Son dribble past 2/3 defenders or bury a worldie from 25 yards out, and we are helpless - we desperately need a WB or AM who can pick a pass, beat a man, and finish - hopefully getting Kulu back will help, but we need depth as well...

COYS
Why do we need a WB? Where is the quality WB coming from? If we didn’t have Dino mk2 who sticks with playing 8 defenders And played a back 4. We may find some decent FBs.

Thought he played well especially 2nd half where he actually ran with the ball a lot more and played good crisp vertical passes.
Agreed. Playing him as the holder in front of the back 3 with Skipp and Benta either side isn't getting the best out of him. Would rather see him as one of the 8s who's allowed to move around more.

Not just this game, even in games before we just let teams have to many easy shots on us. Sooner or later our luck was going to run out.
Even low block surely we can still defend better and not let crosses in or shots. How comes toon can nullify us but we can’t them? How do teams who are well organised and drilled defend better than us by limiting chances. We play park the bus but can’t actually do it. It’s totally wrong system and formation for the quality of players we have.

Just like the mourinho season, we started not playing well but getting results then when the results stopped we just looked like a mess
That’s bcos these two are twins only ready cheque book managers. The one title conte win in pl he already had a very expensively assembled squad and added to it.

How can Eddie Howe make relegation threatened Newcastle look a top 4 threat and play decent stuff after getting 1 player of note (Guimaraes) last January but Conte needs a few more years to get us to actually pass to one another? C'mon folks. time to wake up.
This is it he dies t coachnthat sort of football in fact I’m beginning to wonder what he coaches. As the team is a shambles especially when we are losing as we seem to have dicernable style of football. It’s just panic stations.

Fuck knows why we didn't strengthen our glaring weaknesses in the summer. Two top wingbacks and a creative midfielder are needed urgently.
Give the WBs why be sold on just one system? As I’ve said why are we restricting our chances of being a better team by only looking at WBs. What if a decent fb came available for we say nah we don’t need him we are looking for WBs only. Conte then pisses off and we are left with what?
We need quality attacking players. They will mask deficiencies of our defence. Thing is if keep exposing your defence they are gonna look bad eventually. So hey let’s try a novel idea and try to keep the ball away from them dimwits as much as possible. Except conte knows better should do for £15M and thinks we should play as many crap defensive players as possible.

Tactical analysis here.
From Spurs pov, questioning why Conte didn't change his system in game (until too late).
And commenting on the difference in ball playing quality of Spurs vs Newcastle defences.

Outclassed by having an xg of 1.57-1.13 in favor of spurs and scoring off a massive GK error and another turnover?

Newcastle created very little yesterday and spurs mistakes were a big reason why they ended up with 2 goals.

Can’t understand why Sess, and to a large degree, Royal, don’t attack the box more. They beat the defender, get space, then chunk in a shitty cross, when they could take it to the six.

Back
Top Bottom