Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United Sunday 23rd October. 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:)

When I wrote in the forum today, I showed my wife your stadium.
She was just as excited about this box as I was.
One day, she said, you will sit there and support your club.

(Glad I didn't show her a picture of a penitentiary.)

Seriously, my writing here on the forums encourages me to improve my English (it would be blatant assault if I addressed you in your language). :(

It was my wish to visit "White Hart Lane", now my aim is to see the new stadium from the inside (I can't believe there is a brewery in this stadium). :D

When the time comes - next season I hope - I'll be in touch and I hope to meet some of you to have a pint at Tottenham.🍻
My friend, your written English would put many natives to shame, and I expect your spoken English would be far superior to the spoken German that 99% of our country could manage.

If your spoken English was an assault, most of our German would be a triple life term!

No one seemed bothered when Richarlison played "keep it up" towards the end of one of our games. But that's ok because he's one of ours....that was one of the most blatant pieces of time wasting I've ever seen...all professional footballers do it.
You have no idea of the rules of Association Football.

When the ball is in play the ref can't penalise blatant time wasting e.g. taking the ball into the corner to run the clock down, or Richarlison's ball juggling.

What Pope was doing yesterday was blatantly delaying the restarting of the game when the ball was dead (e,g. from a goal kick). He was rightly booked and you can hope that the ref added on time (5 mins of added time was played).

No clue!

I didn't see all of the game yesterday only the last 20 minutes (don't dig me out for that as I was visiting my very ill mother). Anyway, in that final 20 minutes the only real chance we created while we were supposedly chasing the game was the flicked header by Dier - that that turned out to be offside anyway. This is the whole problem with our play at the moment - we don't know how to create enough chances. We do loads of passing around and across the back that gives the opposition hope but the rest of the time we are all hit and hope for a flick on to a sprinting forward. Good coaches have tumbled to it and know how to coach their players to stop it. Conte has got to find alternative ways to create more goal attempts. Or go. If the Prime Minister can be replaced when it all goes to shit in a space of 6 weeks then so can Managers. I've had enough.

OK, this is petty, and totally not the reaction I should be having/resorting to...
(I'm better than this, surely?)

But just on the train to Ilford...
A coupla 'likely lads' (West Ham fans I assume) on their way to the game at the New Upton Park Shopping Centre.... singing not only "it's happened again" but the 'do do do... Shame about the Tottenham*

Now I KNOW they're singing too soon.... and it's only 3 months in... But seriously, I think the players should be forced to travel in and spend a day at work with those Spurs fans whose lives they've made a misery the day before, and then have to endure a day of ridicule, due to the TEAM they support...

Maybe THEN THEY'LL put a shift in!

You have no idea of the rules of Association Football.

When the ball is in play the ref can't penalise blatant time wasting e.g. taking the ball into the corner to run the clock down, or Richarlison's ball juggling.

What Pope was doing yesterday was blatantly delaying the restarting of the game when the ball was dead (e,g. from a goal kick). He was rightly booked and you can hope that the ref added on time (5 mins of added time was played).

No clue!
Rule of thumb: if you can tackle the player while they are doing it, it is not time wasting.

I didn't see all of the game yesterday only the last 20 minutes (don't dig me out for that as I was visiting my very ill mother). Anyway, in that final 20 minutes the only real chance we created while we were supposedly chasing the game was the flicked header by Dier - that that turned out to be offside anyway. This is the whole problem with our play at the moment - we don't know how to create enough chances. We do loads of passing around and across the back that gives the opposition hope but the rest of the time we are all hit and hope for a flick on to a sprinting forward. Good coaches have tumbled to it and know how to coach their players to stop it. Conte has got to find alternative ways to create more goal attempts. Or go. If the Prime Minister can be replaced when it all goes to shit in a space of 6 weeks then so can Managers. I've had enough.

Perhaps watch the whole game first, eh.........

There are some similarities to last season pre Conte.
Fell apart against Woolwich, taken apart by utd, that eventually led to the bullet.

OK, this is petty, and totally not the reaction I should be having/resorting to...
(I'm better than this, surely?)

But just on the train to Ilford...
A coupla 'likely lads' (West Ham fans I assume) on their way to the game at the New Upton Park Shopping Centre.... singing not only "it's happened again" but the 'do do do... Shame about the Tottenham*

Now I KNOW they're singing too soon.... and it's only 3 months in... But seriously, I think the players should be forced to travel in and spend a day at work with those Spurs fans whose lives they've made a misery the day before, and then have to endure a day of ridicule, due to the TEAM they support...

Maybe THEN THEY'LL put a shift in!
I agree but, as a club we are always the gift that keeps on giving

I have now and seen all our other games.

What differences did you note from the first 30minutes?

Still have the same opinion. Perhaps you can now enlighten us all on how Conte will turn round our turgid style of play…eh

Get things clicking like he did last season....... ?
Learn more about his new players..... ?
Maybe a curveball or two once we get our Fwds fit again..... ?
Something else I haven't anticipated.... ?

Might be over simplifying things, but it appears to me that Conte's system is completely reliant on our wing backs bossing the game.
Unfortunately, bar a part time Perisic, ours are nowhere near good enough. When that fails, we just chuck subs on and hope for the best.
I hate to be critical of a top manager, but management by hope doesn't seem to be a good Plan B.
As they say, it's the hope that kills ya.

Tactical analysis here.
From Spurs pov, questioning why Conte didn't change his system in game (until too late).
And commenting on the difference in ball playing quality of Spurs vs Newcastle defences.

Since Kanes goal it feels like the ball has only been in play for like 3 mins
Come on we have wasted time as well in many games under conte where we are holding onto our lead. It’s the sane as just pissing about with the ball in our own half passing sideways v slowly and in talking about when it’s 0-0.

Back
Top Bottom