Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Total different game if we had been playing these 3 weeks ago they will be working and chasing like it's a cup final now first game under the new manager.These will be very hard to beat how they will play and work.

Grumpy thomasEasy win. Fuck this bunch of south London nobodies.

3 points and onto the next game (which will be harder give Villa the respect they are owed as being a top 5 team)

This lot are talking about relegation. Different story altogether.

3 clear goal win incoming.

Hey Matt1882 sell your ticket sunshine.
Uh Oh Thomas GIF

Fans were saying the same thing before Wolves. We hardly ever score 3 goals anymore.

Depends on your hardly ever viewpoint. What timescale are you using? This month? This year? This season?

5 x this season we have scored 3 goals or more.
With 4 of those occasions being since December.

I’m going to be positive and say we are due another 3 Spurs goals game soon.

COYS

Does anyone else think that the fact we got off to such a decent start so quickly under Ange might have skewed some expectations somewhat? Don't get me wrong, when you know what the team is capable of because you've seen it, and they put in dreadful performances it's incredibly frustrating, but my view is that, if the team is still dropping performances like the Wolves game (and at a greater frequency than 'once in a blue moon', because let's face it all teams drop one at some point) say mid way through next season, after another summer transfer window, then I'll be concerned. I will be content with a top 6 finish this season and some form of European football next.

Depends on your hardly ever viewpoint. What timescale are you using? This month? This year? This season?

5 x this season we have scored 3 goals or more.
With 4 of those occasions being since December.

I’m going to be positive and say we are due another 3 Spurs goals game soon.

COYS
Hammering a team by three goals I intended to say, my error .

Does anyone else think that the fact we got off to such a decent start so quickly under Ange might have skewed some expectations somewhat? Don't get me wrong, when you know what the team is capable of because you've seen it, and they put in dreadful performances it's incredibly frustrating, but my view is that, if the team is still dropping performances like the Wolves game (and at a greater frequency than 'once in a blue moon', because let's face it all teams drop one at some point) say mid way through next season, after another summer transfer window, then I'll be concerned. I will be content with a top 6 finish this season and some form of European football next.
I think when we are winning with 10 minutes to go we need to see out the game, just play a little more safely.

I think when we are winning with 10 minutes to go we need to see out the game, just play a little more safely.

We weren't winning on Sat tho'.

Said it before; but.... IF one condones shutting up shop at 80mins to protect a draw (at home against alleged minnows no less!); then so be it, but that's simply not the winning mentality the manager is trying to install.

........You'd need also need to kiss goodbye to the late wins v Sheff U, Brighton, Liverpool etc.

The fact is we gambled 1 point to try and win 3..... At home. Personally I condone that in virtually any circumstances.

I thought people had had enough of so-called coward-ball?

Last edited:
we'll smash palace by at least 3 clear goals.

everyone will love ange again, and the players.

then we'll lose at villa park and questions will be asked, and so on it goes

Really hope the lads return at full back and Maddison, Son, Biss and Bents shake off some of the rustiness.
I would bench Richi too and play Son through the middle.
How many 1-0 games have we had against this lot over the years? Always a melt of a game and after last weekends match it won't take long for the groans if we start slowly again.
Need a first half goal badly and stop conceding shithouse goals.

Another game where we are likely to see the opposition sitting in and hitting us on the counter, that is if Palace try to deal with Angeball like everyone else appears to be. Doubt it will be a drubbing, but hopefully a home win fuelled by the return of Udogie and Porro and some of our other players finding form.

Back
Top Bottom