Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool are playing Luton on wed, is there a reason we couldn’t have played Chelsea too?
Yes. Chelsea v Spurs was to be a televised game. They cannot put a live tv game on during a European week. The City game on Tuesday and Liverpool game on Wed were not selected for tv coverage.
unless we can play on 14/15 March when there are only Europa and Europa conf games it’s going to be well into April.
I think there was a case in prev seasons when teams were on tv during euro week and they have to pay a heavy fine. Bit ridiculous when neither team are in Europe but still cannot play during a euro week if they are on tv.
might be in our favour as our lot should be in decent shape by mid April.

Last edited:
Oh good - Palace will get a nice New Manager Bounce in their first game under Glasner. Guess who they're up against.

Wishing Woy well. Get well soon, Woy.

Oh good - Palace will get a nice New Manager Bounce in their first game under Glasner. Guess who they're up against.

Wishing Woy well. Get well soon, Woy.

You have to believe we lose this. Nothing to do with quality but just the way the dice roll.

And we will be 6th by then.

We need a response to the lsst few weeks and have to hope the 12 days between then and now are well used.

Would be a first for boos I suspect if we were to lose, which is mad but could happen.

You have to believe we lose this. Nothing to do with quality but just the way the dice roll.

We need a response to the lsst few weeks and have to hope the 12 days between then and now are well used.

Would be a first for boos I suspect if we were to lose, which is mad but could happen.
They say the darkest hour is right before dawn.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE6-uc1zr3s

Nah no way we lose this - they’re awful, Wolves are actually half decent. Unless they have a total turnaround I can’t see us losing back to back home games.

Nobody would boo anyway.

Nah no way we lose this - they’re awful, Wolves are actually half decent. Unless they have a total turnaround I can’t see us losing back to back home games.

Nobody would boo anyway.

I would never boo but we 100% could lose.

We need one of our main players, of which we have 3 to put in a performance.

We need to reawaken.

Agree on Wolves but we should not be losing 6 points to them. It's that kind of stat that brings pressure.

I would never boo but we 100% could lose.

We need one of our main players, of which we have 3 to put in a performance.

We need to reawaken.

We could. It’s the prem, you can lose any game. But I don’t think it’ll happen, or at least I’d be pretty surprised if it did.

Can’t see another slow first half.

Agree on Wolves but we should not be losing 6 points to them. It's that kind of stat that brings pressure.

Only if one chooses to make a meme out of it.... Not sure why anmy Spurs fan would want to further perpetuate such pressure, but meh.........

Bizarre to think and know that if Everton were playing us right now they would be playing so much better.

How does that work???

Just one of many teams like this that turn to shit when the onus is on them to actually do something other than shit-house and counter.

Fukcing grim game of football.

------------------Vicario----------------
Porro-----Romero---VDV----Udogie
-------------Sarr----Bissouma--------
----------------Bentancur--------------
---Johnson---------------Maddison--
------------------Son--------------------
I don’t get the point of naming a back 4 when the FBs are never in a FB position when we have the ball in our own half. That’s why I reckon we should just play 3 defenders and leave them to it rather than the two we do now. Play Porto biss Sarr and destiny in the middle. Play madders ahead of them behind son and AN other. BJ on the right is awful.

I don't think the wide players are up to much at the moment in this system. I'd be more inclined to have overlapping wingbacks and 2 up top for this one.
Vicario
Romero dragusin vdv
Porro sarr bentancur udogie
Maddison
Richy Son

I think we are predictable at the moment and need to switch it up so I think 352 gives us 3 at the back that gives a bit more support and better defensive positioning,the wingbacks stretch Palace out and that gives space for the likes of maddison,sarr,bentancur to operate.
Yes been saying that for weeks. The 3 defenders will mean the midfield go forward more. Drop the fuck g wide players who are generally shite. Play Son and richi up top. That would automatically make us better defensively. Would leave porro and destiny to get forward even more and also allow MADDs more freedom.

Back
Top Bottom