Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had a lovely time reminiscing about the 1984 UEFA cup final with Shades Shades and East Mid Yid East Mid Yid before the game.
Met a South Korean who was a Spurs supporter before Sonny arrived.
There were two guys in front of me, one who had "7 Son" on his shirt, (not unusual), the other one had "7 Dad" - just tickled me.
Anyway, to the game. Common story of this season - average first half, better second.
Heart in the mouth moments when Vic and VdV went down injured.
Talking of Micky, my MOTM by a mile. If Messi thinks Cuti is the best CB in the world, how would he rate Micky?
Glad Timo got his first goal, especially when he didn't score in the first half.
Madders shaking off the rust in the second half and Brennan seems more effective as an impact sub.
Caught train from WHL at 18:45, still busy nearly two hours after the game.
All in all, and enjoyable afternoon and three points in the bag.

I find it amazing that a population absolutely obsessed with Football has so little understanding of the dynamics of the game.

For 100 or so minutes, we continuously applied pressure to a team that came with one game plan only, prevent us from scoring. We ended up scoring 3 because that constant pressure forced them into mistakes, forced them to make decisions they didn't want to make, and they eventually broke down from all that pressure.

We might not have scored in the first half, but that laid the groundwork for the goals we did score in the second half.

That SKY summary is a perfect example of those who watch a game, but don't really understand what's happening in it. Unsustainable? What a load of bollox! We dominated, we exerted pressure constantly and, as a result, CP cracked. Same as every other team we've faced that have applied this low block tactic. When you're constantly under pressure, it exhausts you both mentally and physically.

The amount of complaints I've seen, on this forum, about how we struggle to break down a low block, is ridiculous. Then we put 3 past the low block of all low blocks, and the complaint is that we didn't do it in the first half.

We were excellent yesterday. Disciplined, patient and hard working. All 3 of those elements in our play led to a scoreline that was fully deserved.

Unsustainable? Utter guff.

It’s absolutely killer we don’t have a game this weekend. Another 2 week break in March too.

We need Europe next season we’re so fucking starved for games
On the plus side, it gives Lo Celso plenty of time to pick up an injury in training.

Looked like a pen from the replays I saw.

It was one of those that didn’t get called because it was near the byline and in an area that didn’t seem dangerous.

Would be a pen 100% of the time if that contact happened in the middle of the box.

Silly way to ref the game.
Absolute nonsense - if it's in the box and it's a foul, then it's a penalty.

Chris does make it clear that Farage is there in a non-political context. Here he's just a fan with an opinion *

And Chris is entitled to see Levy outers as toxic. I don't agree but it's his channel and he does provide a lot of content that summarises the media so I don't have to sift through hell sites with umpteen adverts breaking up the paragraphs.

* I've not made it a secret here that I veer to the left on most things but the world's going fucking mental when you can't watch content by or have mates from both sides of the political fence.

How fucking shit is life without football? no game this weekend sucks. Its so boring i've just booked a cruise for me and the Mrs later in the year.
Every time we don't have a game, i end up spending a fortune.. Bought a new car during the last international break.

Bored out my skull.

SKY summary.

Spurs can't keep up this drama - for anyone's sake
Tottenham can't keep doing it like this. It's not sustainable for their supporters' blood pressure, even less their hopes of reaching the top four.

Saturday's comeback win over Crystal Palace was the fifth time Spurs have won when conceding first this season. After this victory, only Liverpool have picked up more points from losing positions.

It's impressive in its fortitude, its mental strength and its never-say-die attitude. Ange Postecoglou called his players' response "outstanding".

But that is to ignore 77 minutes of largely dour football, where Spurs struggled to break down a well-maintained low block and toiled despite their near-total possessional dominance.

It's not a new theme for Spurs, even in the gung-ho Postecoglou era. Front-foot football suits this team, but the precision needed to unlock defences be harder to find.

James Maddison was forced deep, even Heung-Min Son ended upback to attempt to influence the game.

Clearly, there is more potential in the team than it showed until the equaliser finally brought them out of themselves - as they blew Palace away from that point.

But Spurs can't keep waiting to fall behind before they get going.

Perhaps it will prove immaterial in the end. There is a greater-than-evens chance that there will be five Champions League places given to the Premier League this season.

But longer-term, this is something which needs to improve. Because it's not just a one-off. It's a fifth of their entire win tally for this season.
Ron Walker

I haven't heard anyone say "Liverpool can't keep doing this" ?...

TottsAmazeballs

Supporter
Wanker Tenant
Jesus Christ, Marie, they're not Crystals...

JcUfi7BR.gif

I'm expecting a big effort from the team after a shit-show and two weeks off. We need to be on the up for the Villa game. Both wings should be back, too. No excuses.

Can we please, please give a nice fucking drubbing for once? Say a comfy 5-0? Please?

Back
Top Bottom