Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is where we belong! Hoping for another unbelievable night like last season against Madrid. I think we can win this.

Last edited:
On the train on the on the way back.
First half we were not at the races. Second half we gave it a go but to no avail.

Upsides.
1. I have seen the world's best player score in the CL.
2. I also saw Lionel Messi.
3. Crowd gave the team great support especially given we conceded in 90 seconds.
I thought Sissoko’s shot went narrowly wide...

... of Wales?

Just got home. Thoroughly enjoyed that, if you didn't for whatever reason I don't think football is for you regardless of the result.

Sometimes you've gotta hold your hands up and say you were beaten by a much better team. Vintage Barcelona or not I still thought they were excellent, Messi obviously but also the little tosser Suarez, Rakitic etc were class.

I do think Dembele would have been the most useful missing player today. We gave it away so much in the first half we could have used his wise shoulders to help calm things down and retain possession.

Thought Winksy started poorly but grew into the game, and it's the sort of match which will only help his development as a player. One of the highlights of the match for me was his tracking back and amazing tackle on Messi.

Great atmosphere tonight, especially in the periods after our goals. Constant standing as well, which I've never experienced at Wembley before. One bizarre incident where a bloke wearing a Madrid shirt kept yelling abuse at Pique and got in a bit of a scrap with a bloke telling him to pipe down, anyone see that?

Part of me quite fancies the Europa League as at least it's something we realistically have a chance of winning.
I'd be overjoyed if we won it, not because of the CL place either. It's a very hard competition to win, it pisses me off when people think we're above the Europa.

Not even nervous for this. Just incredibly excited. I’m going to be buzzing all day tomorrow.

For me, Barca and Messi have been the greatest team and player of the modern era. I’m so glad that we’ve finally got the chance to go up against them.

Such a shame that our incredible new stadium isn’t quite ready, but a packed Wembley isn’t a bad alternative.

COYS

People truly have forgotten Ben's last season that quick huh?

Yes he has had a few bad games and Rose has been better lately. But he has it in him to deliver.

Back
Top Bottom